Reports: UConn Presentation to Big12 in Dallas on 9/8 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Reports: UConn Presentation to Big12 in Dallas on 9/8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thank you. This graphic is nice (and cruelly inspiring), but... UConn's logo is in the wrong spot. I'm wondering if this graphic originally had a different school on the far right. Possibly one with a "Y" for a logo (which would also be wrong, but an understandable error)?
Nope, BYU just tried to draw some comparison with Yale. The Elis opted not to be apply. I jest on the latter, not the former.

Reaction Score
Maybe this B12 expansion ruse is all just a clever practical joke on the part of the P5, like their final taunt to the G5 before going fully autonomous from the NCAA and leaving everyone else in the dust.

Reaction Score
UConn should focus its presentation on three things.
  1. Who would the B12 schools consider as their peer. Does Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas etc, consider Houston, Cincinnati or Connecticut, as an athletic and academic peer?
  2. Geography is a two edged sword. UConn must show that the main reason to want UConn is exactly because of its geography. Emphasize all the positives of being in the NYC DMA and what the B12 schools can gain, and no other candidate can offer.
  3. Our top notch athletics and academics, which the B12 is probably aware of, but should be reminded in a friendly sort of way.
If UConn is not selected it will be because of geography and culture, so these are the issues that should be addressed.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
UConn should focus its presentation on three things.
  1. Who would the B12 schools consider as their peer. Does Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas etc, consider Houston, Cincinnati or Connecticut, as an athletic and academic peer?
  2. Geography is a two edged sword. UConn must show that the main reason to want UConn is exactly because of its geography. Emphasize all the positives of being in the NYC DMA and what the B12 schools can gain, and no other candidate can offer.
  3. Our top notch athletics and academics, which the B12 is probably aware of, but should be reminded in a friendly sort of way.
If UConn is not selected it will be because of geography and culture, so these are the issues that should be addressed.

If you can create PowerPoint slides, welcome to the team.

Reaction Score
Big 12 committee at the end of the meeting....

Well, y'all look purty dern good to us all. But them boyz at the U of Tejas in Austin wanted to be sure we asked the only question that matters to them. How long was your flight to meet us here in Dallas? You don't have to answer, just check the right box on the form.

We drove (welcome to the conference)
Less than 2 hours (we will let you know next week)
Less than 3 hours (UWV is as far as we like to go)
Less than 4 hours (Only if your school is already in the B1g, Pac12, SEC or ACC)
More than that (Why bless your hearts. Thanks for stopping by for a 1 hour meeting)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm glad Benedict is here now and not Warde. I don't trust Manuel could adequately communicate any of this well.

If you can create PowerPoint slides, welcome to the team.

Reaction Score
Benedict can sell ice in the winter and fire in hell. He's a hustler, he can sell water to a well.

Agree 100%. He is the right person for the job at the right time. He is a smooth communicator that knows how to sell whatever he is hustling

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Maybe we can just bring the Rutgers AD with us and have him explain how UConn has made $Billions for other teams within their conference? that should help?
Nope. Rutgers has the astounding ability to screw up all they touch. Thanks but no thanks Snooki.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Has there been any leaked reports of other presentations?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

It was leaked that Houston has already gone.

Their pitch was "We beet Oklahoma last weak. Please let us in."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"Ask yourselves this question gentlemen. Why do you think one of your major broadcast partners is desperate to keep us in the AAC?"
"Uh, because they don't think you are worth the $25 million they'd have to pay you if were in the Big 12?"

Never ask open ended questions.

Reaction Score
"Uh, because they don't think you are worth the $25 million they'd have to pay you if were in the Big 12?"

Never ask open ended questions.

Agreed. Assuming you've listed all the assets that a broadcast partner values you beg the question without asking it directly.

Reaction Score

Houston then UConn yesterday. UConn and UCF I've seen so far today (not sure of order).

Brandon Helwig@UCFSports 2 hours ago
UCF is meeting with the Big 12 today.
>>A group of representatives from UCF, led by President John Hitt and Director of Athletics Danny White, will meet with the Big 12 at a Dallas hotel for their face-to-face pitch, multiple sources told UCFSports.com.<<

Reaction Score
I still don't think the presentations matter. All of this will be decided offline.
I would've agreed in July but the Big 12 has made everything public even when they said they wouldn't make it public. I can see them cutting the list to 4-6 and then doing one more dog and pony show by late September/early October.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom