Reports: UConn Presentation to Big12 in Dallas on 9/8 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Reports: UConn Presentation to Big12 in Dallas on 9/8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If we miss out and continue to have to play schools that were in the Sun Belt ten years ago it will piss me off tremendously. Mostly because it will allow schools like Syracuse, Boston College University and Rutgers, who have always thought they are better than us, to look at us and say "see, you were never our equal."

And then you can point to our trophy case and say "we know."

Reaction Score
Patrick Engel@PatrickEngel_ 2 mins ago
Houston, Air Force presenting to #Big12 today.#SMU, #UConn & others expected this wk
Big 12 hearing presentations from candidates

>>Houston presented to the Big 12 shortly after 3 pm CT with Air Force presenting around 4 pm CT<<
>>Schools like BYU, Central Florida, Cincinnati, Connecticut, Rice, SMU, South Florida and Tulane expect to present at some point later in the day or week. Most schools are in a holding pattern.

One source familiar with the Big 12's schedule this week told Pony Stampede that it's a fluid situation with some schools as to whether they'll get the call to actually present. Connecticut is expected to present tomorrow.<<

Last edited:

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Houston, Air Force presenting to #Big12 today.#SMU, #UConn & others expected this wk

>>Houston presented to the Big 12 shortly after 3 pm CT with Air Force presenting around 4 pm CT<<
>>Schools like BYU, Central Florida, Cincinnati, Connecticut, Rice, SMU, South Florida and Tulane expect to present at some point later in the day or week. Most schools are in a holding pattern.

One source familiar with the Big 12's schedule this week told Pony Stampede that it's a fluid situation with some schools as to whether they'll get the call to actually present. Connecticut is expected to present tomorrow.<<

That is a positive. Let's go you husky dogs.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not unless we used the UConn-developed time machine to take us to tomorrow.
If we had a working time machine, none of us would know the name Jeff Hathaway, so I'm pretty sure we don't just yet.

Still, there's always hope.
the_terminator_remastered_11.png

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
If we had a working time machine, none of us would know the name Jeff Hathaway, so I'm pretty sure we don't just yet.

Still, there's always hope.
the_terminator_remastered_11.png

Lol. One of these days...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Oh, I like that second tweet Medic. Flights into Bradley are plentiful plus you've got Greene as an alternative. Travel from either to Storrs is reasonable and Bradley to the Rent is a piece of cake. I've long said that it is in UConn's best interest to change the discussion from air miles to time to the venue. What we lose in the air, we gain on the ground.

As I've said a lot on the board, UConn's strength may not be football per se, but we have a good athletic department as evidenced by success in a lot of different sports.

:)

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

Wow. The presentation is less than an hour? Herbst can't even list all of our championships in an hour.

The short presentation time means first that this part of the process can't be that important. And second, they want to get through this quickly.

Reaction Score
And this is the Big 12

The Big 12 was not impressed with FedEx offering to sponsor the conference championship game. I don't think your president undoing a top button or two is going to make a good impression either.

I am sure the guy who suggested that was just making a joke. I am sure your president will be quite the professional in her presentation.

Reaction Score
Good luck in your presentation, UConn.

2woltvp.jpg

Oh, btw, I am not responsible for team logos in this pic.
I just borrowed it from a Big 12 fan.

Thank you. This graphic is nice (and cruelly inspiring), but... UConn's logo is in the wrong spot. We'd be in between Cincinnati and Iowa State. I'm wondering if this graphic originally had a different school on the far right. Possibly one with a "Y" for a logo (which would also be wrong, but an understandable error)?

Reaction Score
Thank you. This graphic is nice (and cruelly inspiring), but... UConn's logo is in the wrong spot. We'd be in between Cincinnati and Iowa State. I'm wondering if this graphic originally had a different school on the far right. Possibly one with a "Y" for a logo (which would also be wrong, but an understandable error)?

No. This is the original graphic designed by a Kansas fan.

You are right about the order of the logos though. An official Big 12 graphic would have UConn after Cincinnati (alphabetically arranged, of course)

It still looks nice, though. I thought you guys would like it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog