Replacing a Legend and Recovering | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Replacing a Legend and Recovering

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
What happens when Chris Daily turns out to be the KO of women,s basketball and tanks that program? Do we fire her and have Geno come back to save it? He’s only human.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
There's really no point in doing it now. Hurley isn't taking over until both our seasons end. The players would probably quit if their coach is fired mid-season. Even if there's no chance we win the AAC Tournament, let them all try.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
Do you really need this spelled out for you? What indication is there he could coach men? He coaches a different sport.

If you can't see the "indications" of excellence, you may be blinded by sexism.

Bill Self, coach of Kansas' mens team on Geno:

"It's excellence," Self said. "I think that Geno would be successful coaching men, pros, anywhere. He's a ball coach. The things that they do at Connecticut culturally are the same things that are successful regardless where they coach.

"He takes players that are talented, talented people, and puts them in situations where they have to get better. Anything less than doing it the best you can is unacceptable. What's amazing about Geno's run, and Mike Krzyzewski at Duke is the same way, is that he has not relaxed. He is just as intense now at getting better and coaching the Huskies as he was back when he got the job."

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
There's really no point in doing it now. Hurley isn't taking over until both our seasons end. The players would probably quit if their coach is fired mid-season. Even if there's no chance we win the AAC Tournament, let them all try.
I kinda feel like the players wouldn’t be all that bummed about it.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Super disagree.

Reaction Score
If the team goes into free fall, meaning Auburn/Ark results and they stop fighting, maybe it could happen. Doubt it, but it could. The season is only a little more than 2 months from mercifully being over.

Reaction Score
I used to think that as well but it would placate the fans. And send a message.

Reaction Score
Awe, come on. He deserves next season to turn it around. Gilbert's out, their young, he deserves it, he's one of ours, he won a national title, we'll lose recruits. Did I miss any excuses?
He can’t recruit because of the conference... excuse number 172

Reaction Score

I wonder if this is true. There were defections last year but it is hard to say whether the current players believe this. As limited as they are, they played hard at Tulsa for the entire game. Maybe they are playing for each other more than KO. Hard to say.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Don't really know what else to say. Maybe getting rid of Ollie midseason wouldn't be the worst decision.

What is the upside, as opposed to waiting? It's not going to magically change the team's results. No one is coming in midseason to coach either. The only thing it does is give us a much higher probability of losing recruits and current players on the roster. That's it.

You need somebody in place quickly to go after kids.

Reaction Score
With every game it gets a little bit clearer that it just aint going to ever happen. But I will get all sorts of crap for simply telling the truth.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom