Religion in football | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Religion in football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It only applies to the FEDERAL government. There is nothing in the constitution about state government. A true liberal interpretation of the constitution would allow state government to be theocracies.

So the states can take away your guns?

Reaction Score
So the states can take away your guns?

This matter was settled in 2010, when the 2nd Amendment was incorporated through the 14th Amendment in the case of McDonald v. Chicago.

Reaction Score
This matter was settled in 2010, when the 2nd Amendment was incorporated through the 14th Amendment in the case of McDonald v. Chicago.

Sarcasm detector a bit off? The question was rhetorical. Self-professed Constitutional expert Palatine seems to not be aware of the concept of incorporation.

Reaction Score
Sarcasm detector a bit off? The question was rhetorical. Self-professed Constitutional expert Palatine seems to not be aware of the concept of incorporation.

Didn't catch the sarcasm, came in too late :p

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
NotreDameJoe said:
Well I guess someone does believe it's a general gag order. But it isn't, not in the minds of its authors anyway. It forbids things like sectarianism and compulsion. You can't establish denomination X as an official church, or force people to attend. It certainly doesn't mean that congress can't have a chaplain even if he comes from denomination X.

And some doesn't understand soft power and authoritarian influence. If you want to use your position to peddle sectarian influences, you are in the wrong. Public, private, whatever. No means no.

Outside any authoritarian structure, knock yourself out.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And some doesn't understand soft power and authoritarian influence. If you want to use your position to peddle sectarian influences, you are in the wrong. Public, private, whatever. No means no.

Outside any authoritarian structure, knock yourself out.
So would you say that Kevin Ollie has violated this core principal? I mean he speaks about faith quite a bit in his role as a head coach. Or is your view "no means no" unless you win a national championship? Just curious.

(By the way "no means no" is an interesting choice of phrase in this context, probably misplaced in my view, but interesting nonetheless.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom