Rejected... I am a husky for the weekend. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rejected... I am a husky for the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For the ultimate revenge, why not attend UCONN? I must confess, I once owned a Duke sweatshirt in middle school but in fairness that was at the very start of the Calhoun era and before I had developed the deep hatred for Duke. It started with Bobby Hurley's face.

Lol! Bobby always reminded me of Emilio Estevez.

Reaction Score
Today I was rejected from Duke University as a prospective freshman student. I have loved Duke my entire life and have been a die-hard fan as most of you all are for your beloved huskies. Other colleges have accepted me so this is not the end of the world, however my allegiance to Duke has reached an all time low (Although this is by no means permanent). I don't know these emotions very well, but it feels as if I have been caught in a rat trap intended for Coach K (That made me feel slightly better). After being Lehighed, Mercered, and now rejected from Duke, I begin to wonder if Dook may actually be the correct spelling of the school I have devoted my passion towards.

But I digress...

I am fortunate enough to be attending the games this weekend with my cousin (You all may know him as minidarren) and uncle at MSG and I for the first time in my life actually intend on cheering for Uconn. I have absolutely no regrets about this decision either due to the events which have unfolded the past week. I will wear my husky shirt with pride as I am standing in the garden, hoping that Kemba magic from the garden a few years back will be harnessed, driving Uconn to an Elite 8. This is weird for me, but go UCONN.

I wish all the testiculos and mojo possible upon this team, because things are strange down here on tobacco road, and at least America will be better off with a team in the Elite 8 not from the place of "Iowan Potatoes"... Go Huskies.

Coach K is personally responsible for your rejection from Duke

Reaction Score
Today I was rejected from Duke University as a prospective freshman student. I have loved Duke my entire life and have been a die-hard fan as most of you all are for your beloved huskies. Other colleges have accepted me so this is not the end of the world, however my allegiance to Duke has reached an all time low (Although this is by no means permanent). I don't know these emotions very well, but it feels as if I have been caught in a rat trap intended for Coach K (That made me feel slightly better). After being Lehighed, Mercered, and now rejected from Duke, I begin to wonder if Dook may actually be the correct spelling of the school I have devoted my passion towards.

But I digress...

I am fortunate enough to be attending the games this weekend with my cousin (You all may know him as minidarren) and uncle at MSG and I for the first time in my life actually intend on cheering for Uconn. I have absolutely no regrets about this decision either due to the events which have unfolded the past week. I will wear my husky shirt with pride as I am standing in the garden, hoping that Kemba magic from the garden a few years back will be harnessed, driving Uconn to an Elite 8. This is weird for me, but go UCONN.

I wish all the testiculos and mojo possible upon this team, because things are strange down here on tobacco road, and at least America will be better off with a team in the Elite 8 not from the place of "Iowan Potatoes"... Go Huskies.
Welcome aboard!!

Reaction Score
Minidarren needs to chop this kids nuts off. This thread is strange, the only way to get the Mojo back in full force is for minidarren to castrate the kid.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I only plan on supporting as a means of assisting the team. An extra voice yelling may be of some assistance. I will not piggyback off the success however, just interested in being a playing a role, seeing a good game, and supporting a team whose fanbase has grown upon me recently...

Side note I doubt my ability to run the 50.1 miles, but my plane touches down at 630 and the train I'm catching to Grand central leaves at 648...

Troll.

No chance in hell you're flight to NYC "touches down" at 6:30 and you're "catching" the 6:48 to Grand Central.

Eat a big bag of duke di*ks. Twice.

Reaction Score

But I digress...

Couldn't pass up the opportunity to pass on this Duke joke:

One day, in an elementary school in Durham, a teacher asks her class if the Duke Blue Devils are their favorite basketball team. The whole class says yes, except for Little Jimmy.

The teacher asks, "What's your favorite team Jimmy?"

Little Jimmy says, "The UCONN Huskies "

The teacher asks, "Well, why is that?"

Little Jimmy says, "Well, my dad is a Huskies fan, my mom is a Huskies fan, I guess that makes me a Huskies fan."

The teacher angered by his reply says, "If your dad was a moron and your mom was an idiot what would that make you?"

Little Jimmy says, "Well, I guess that would make me a Duke fan."
images
images

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
He can earn his way in by tomorrow's game. If he starts at Blackrock Turnpike in Fairfield and runs to the Garden he'll have served his penance.

I think he needs to go literally "two balls in". Hang them from your neck when you're done to show you care. An added bonus will be snuffing out future generation of possible Dook fans.

Reaction Score
He should stand at the corner of 33/7 and recite the MakersMuppet post while burning a Laettner jersey. Then he can jump on board.

(I kid... Kinda)

Reaction Score
His dislike for Dook is at an all-time low, but not permanent. He wants to be a UConn fan, "for the weekend."

This guy's going to be disappointed when his grad school Dook application gets rejected. PASS

Reaction Score
People who hate dook become unc fans (not UConn fans).

People who love to see dook lose become UConn fans, and we've picked up thousands over the years. So make sure you pick the right allegiance for the right reasons.

Its not like we hate dook its just that we hate that dook tries to be like us.

Reaction Score
superjohn said:
Minidarren needs to chop this kids nuts off. This thread is strange, the only way to get the Mojo back in full force is for minidarren to castrate the kid.

This kids nuts were taken by his mother long ago. She still cuts his peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in half for him. Diagonally. He's 32.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
minidarren said:
This kids nuts were taken by his mother long ago. She still cuts his peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in half for him. Diagonally. He's 32.

Well then, can you pleases enlighten me as to why you are bringing a eunuch Duke fan ( redundant, I know ) to the holiest husky haven on gods green earth?

I think senhor testiculo will make his flight late.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
If you were a 7 ft white center you'd have gotten into Duke for sure. A reference letter from Dick Vitale usually works too.

Reaction Score
August_West said:
Well then, can you pleases enlighten me as to why you are bringing a eunuch Duke fan ( redundant, I know ) to the holiest husky haven on gods green earth?

I think senhor testiculo will make his flight late.

You ever see someone who wants something so bad but they just can't have it? Other people have it, but they can't?

Every year I tell him how over hyped Dook is and how they are a team loaded to the gills with all American talent. And many years they flame out, Lehighed/Mercered.

He can't have the successes we have enjoyed with good ole rat face. It pains me. When I saw an opportunity to let him touch success, I took it. He can't have what we have, but he can touch it for a day, hopefully two.

He is the homeless man watching people eat their filet mignon. I'm letting him sniff the drippings.

Reaction Score
I know you pain, even if your sports allegiance is misguided :), especially as right now Duke is a better academic school than UConn, Coach K aside. I was in the same boat in the early 90’s as I was a big Syracuse fan (still rooted for UConn against Duke though). I actually got into Syracuse; but, the financial aid they offered was a joke and I made the smart decision to go to Storrs instead. I had a lot of fun at UConn; but, I do sometimes wonder how it would have been to go to Syracuse with all of the friends I had who went there. Of course, based on my experience taking several road trips up there, my liver and GPA are thankful that I did not go there full time. That and I look horrible in Orange :eek:

Reaction Score
I know you pain, even if your sports allegiance is misguided :), especially as right now Duke is a better academic school than UConn, Coach K aside. I was in the same boat in the early 90’s as I was a big Syracuse fan (still rooted for UConn against Duke though). I actually got into Syracuse; but, the financial aid they offered was a joke and I made the smart decision to go to Storrs instead. I had a lot of fun at UConn; but, I do sometimes wonder how it would have been to go to Syracuse with all of the friends I had who went there. Of course, based on my experience taking several road trips up there, my liver and GPA are thankful that I did not go there full time. That and I look horrible in Orange :eek:

No one looks good in orange. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01