Rejected... I am a husky for the weekend. | The Boneyard

Rejected... I am a husky for the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GetRatchet

Shabazz Knapsack
Reaction Score
Today I was rejected from Duke University as a prospective freshman student. I have loved Duke my entire life and have been a die-hard fan as most of you all are for your beloved huskies. Other colleges have accepted me so this is not the end of the world, however my allegiance to Duke has reached an all time low (Although this is by no means permanent). I don't know these emotions very well, but it feels as if I have been caught in a rat trap intended for Coach K (That made me feel slightly better). After being Lehighed, Mercered, and now rejected from Duke, I begin to wonder if Dook may actually be the correct spelling of the school I have devoted my passion towards.

But I digress...

I am fortunate enough to be attending the games this weekend with my cousin (You all may know him as minidarren) and uncle at MSG and I for the first time in my life actually intend on cheering for Uconn. I have absolutely no regrets about this decision either due to the events which have unfolded the past week. I will wear my husky shirt with pride as I am standing in the garden, hoping that Kemba magic from the garden a few years back will be harnessed, driving Uconn to an Elite 8. This is weird for me, but go UCONN.

I wish all the testiculos and mojo possible upon this team, because things are strange down here on tobacco road, and at least America will be better off with a team in the Elite 8 not from the place of "Iowan Potatoes"... Go Huskies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Today I was rejected from Duke University as a prospective freshman student. I have loved Duke my entire life and have been a die-hard fan as most of you all are for your beloved huskies. Other colleges have accepted me so this is not the end of the world, however my allegiance to Duke has reached an all time low (Although this is by no means permanent). I don't know these emotions very well, but it feels as if I have been caught in a rat trap intended for Coach K (That made me feel slightly better). After being Lehighed, Mercered, and now rejected from Duke, I begin to wonder if Dook may actually be the correct spelling of the school I have devoted my passion towards.

But I digress...

I am fortunate enough to be attending the games this weekend with my cousin (You all may know him as minidarren) and uncle at MSG and I for the first time in my life actually intend on cheering for Uconn. I have absolutely no regrets about this decision either due to the events which have unfolded the past week. I will wear my husky shirt with pride as I am standing in the garden, hoping that Kemba magic from the garden a few years back will be harnessed, driving Uconn to an Elite 8. This is weird for me, but go UCONN.

I wish all the testiculos and mojo possible upon this team, because things are strange down here on tobacco road, and at least America will be better off with a team in the Elite 8 not from the place of "Iowan Potatoes"... Go Huskies.

I wanted to congratulate you for getting rejected from Duke...but realized that might not be in the best of tastes.

Let your hatred burn bright my friend. It will guide you well.

Last edited:

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

But I digress...

77-74. Jump on permanently now before it's too late.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Not sure how impacts mojo. Confused. Scared.
rejection.jpg

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
For the ultimate revenge, why not attend UCONN? I must confess, I once owned a Duke sweatshirt in middle school but in fairness that was at the very start of the Calhoun era and before I had developed the deep hatred for Duke. It started with Bobby Hurley's face.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I have to agree with BL.

Where was this kid a year ago when we really could have used his support? Today the bandwagon's full. If he wants in he needs to earn a spot. I suggest we start by sentencing him to a 50 mile sprint with a smartphone in each hand.

Reaction Score
He's going from one bandwagon to another. Let him be. He's going to help us make more money.

Reaction Score
I love the fact that someone would go from being a Duke fan to a UCONN fan. My only issue is the reasoning. Poor performances and admission rejection don't cut it. Work on your Duke hatred, watch tapes of Wojo and Paulus slapping the floor, learn to be disgusted by JJ Redick's smug celebration, etc. Start small and eventually you will hate that you ever rooted for the rat.

All that being said, be loud as hell tomorrow and you're good in my book for at least one day.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I have to agree with BL.

Where was this kid a year ago when we really could have used his support? Today the bandwagon's full. If he wants in he needs to earn a spot. I suggest we start by sentencing him to a 50 mile sprint with a smartphone in each hand.
I think a temporary pass for tomorrow is acceptable as long as he cheers loudly for the Huskies. The more the merrier. Beyond that, burning a symbolic (or actual) Christian Laetner in effigy is in order for starters to show his sincerity.

Reaction Score
That's harsh. People can have a change of hearts you know.

Harsh? Did we interview candidates from K's coaching tree when JC retired? Have we put our billboards in Durham? Do we want transfers who can't get playing time at Duke?

Shoo shoo orange flu. (I'm not sure why that is appropriate but it sounds right.)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I think a temporary pass for tomorrow is acceptable as long as he cheers loudly for the Huskies. The more the merrier. Beyond that, burning a symbolic (or actual) Christian Laetner in effigy is in order for starters to show his sincerity.
He can earn his way in by tomorrow's game. If he starts at Blackrock Turnpike in Fairfield and runs to the Garden he'll have served his penance.

GetRatchet

Shabazz Knapsack
Reaction Score
I only plan on supporting as a means of assisting the team. An extra voice yelling may be of some assistance. I will not piggyback off the success however, just interested in being a playing a role, seeing a good game, and supporting a team whose fanbase has grown upon me recently...

Side note I doubt my ability to run the 50.1 miles, but my plane touches down at 630 and the train I'm catching to Grand central leaves at 648...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom