Rebecca says "Don't sleep on UCONN" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rebecca says "Don't sleep on UCONN"

Reaction Score
I think a lot has to go right, meaning higher ranked teams bow out early in their individual tourneys and get beat soundly for UCONN to move up to a #2. I still think a lot of teams hope they don’t end up in the same bracket as UCONN. I see both Tennessee and UCONN similarly - each could bow out early if they don’t bring even their B game or each could easily make it to the Elite 8.

Reaction Score
If UConn wins the upcoming Big East Tournament I honestly believe that they will move up to the third #2 Seed. Bob Joyce today said on the radio that UConn will be a three seed. Sadly some key players suffered injuries this past week. Will that help UConn in NCAA seedings.
The injuries you mention will be a memory in two weeks

Reaction Score
One thing that I haven’t seen mentioned in terms of our chances is rest. We’ve look tired in some of our late season games. The breaks between this week (pre BE tournament) and after the tournament will be very telling to me. We’ve seen lots of short shots, particularly from KK AND Ash, recently. How they do this weekend will say a lot in terms of how far we might go in the NCAA Tournament.

When I think of Cinderella teams in the post season, I always remember Bill Bradley on Princeton many years ago. Could Paige be our BB???

Reaction Score
I posted this on the General Board in the thread regarding yesterday's injuries (Kitley/VA Tech, Holmes/IN, Davis/IA) that depending on the severity, this could open up the tourney a bit more, however it's still 13 days to Selection Sunday and 16 days to the start of the tourney.
The chances for those teams you mentioned have taken a serious hit, as many contenders have over the season with significant injuries, and Uconn as exhibit A for that.

This team's hopes and prospects are very dependent on remaining healthy the rest of the way. We don't have a good answer for a single additional injury to any of our top 7 players.

The most important thing in every game is get the win, and escape without another injury. I'm not sure if there is any good news in a game that would offset another injury in our current precarious position. It is what it is, and there is a pretty good chance we could complete the season without more devastating news, and still go pretty far in the tournament.

That would be quite an accomplishment given what we have dealt with this season, but perhaps more than any other top team, we have to hold our breath every time a player goes down, hoping it is nothing serious.

Reaction Score
If UConn wins the upcoming Big East Tournament I honestly believe that they will move up to the third #2 Seed. Bob Joyce today said on the radio that UConn will be a three seed. Sadly some key players suffered injuries this past week. Will that help UConn in NCAA seedings.
The only injury I recall to a 1 or 2 seed was Iowa's Molly Davis and while she's a starter she's not a key starter. So unless something more happens in the conference tournaments and assuming Creme is right (big assumption) I don't see how Uconn will get to a #2 seed. But stranger things have happened.

Reactions: Nev
Reaction Score
I would say...don't sleep on any team. Crazy season. PAC 12 was like a heavyweight brawl this year. I forget why this conference is being chopped up (money is my first guess), but looking at this year that decision may end up in the regret column.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I posted this on the General Board in the thread regarding yesterday's injuries (Kitley/VA Tech, Holmes/IN, Davis/IA) that depending on the severity, this could open up the tourney a bit more, however it's still 13 days to Selection Sunday and 16 days to the start of the tourney.
OMG, that is so long. And I thought the week between Reg season and Tourney was long.

Reaction Score
It will all come down to matchups in the NCAA tournament. Playing tough defense always provides a chance. This team has some definite weaknesses that can be exploited by teams with quickness and size for sure, but other teams can have a bad day too. Have to avoid letting a game get away from them early (no slow starts) and keep the emotions under control.

If the team can play at their A level consistently and they get some offensive contributions from others besides the big two, they could surprise some teams. Have to start putting together a string of solid consistent games in the BE tournament and carry it through.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but I'm not going to be crushed if they don't get past the Sweet 16.

Reaction Score
the Lobo "Don't sleep on UCONN" video is no longer on the ESPN NCAAW page it was there this morning at 8am and still can be accessed by the link I posted. Me being a wise ass I could say it got in the way of Clark-mania narrative or ESPN's anti-UCONN list because UCONN was only on ABC/ESPN four times this season.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
the Lobo "Don't sleep on UCONN" video is no longer on the ESPN NCAAW page it was there this morning at 8am and still can be accessed by the link I posted. Me being a wise ass I could say it got in the way of Clark-mania narrative or ESPN's anti-UCONN list because UCONN was only on ABC/ESPN four times this season.
So the ESPN editors are anti-UConn enough to exclude the video from the visible home page ... but not enough to just delete it outright?

As newer video clips are constantly posted, older ones fall off the main page.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Yes, matchups and injuries are keys to UConn's success. But in my mind, whether they are placed in Albany or Portland is the biggest factor. If Albany, the crowd will be heavily UConn. If Portland, well, I don't think UConn has a great record playing in the NCAA's in the far west. That's my sense, anyway.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Who are the best duos in the nation?

Paige and Liya

Reese and Morrow

Kitley and Amoore

Brink and Iriafen

Sheldon and McMahon

Clark and Stuelke

Betts and Rice

Cardoso and PaoPao

Other?

Reaction Score
If UConn shoots well they are capable of beating every team in the tournament! Unfortunately, it’s very difficult to go six games in a row against increasingly better teams without having at least one ”let down” game! That’s where we’re gonna need excellent defense and some luck!

Reaction Score
Sorry to chime in and I understand Uconn fans think ESPN hates them but from the other teams perspective, in particular ND, you are the most favored team around. We still think ESPN holds a grudge over the NBC football contract and view Lobo as an advocate fuor Uconn.

I guess all I'm saying is the grass is always greener in a different pasture.

Reaction Score
The only injury I recall to a 1 or 2 seed was Iowa's Molly Davis and while she's a starter she's not a key starter. So unless something more happens in the conference tournaments and assuming Creme is right (big assumption) I don't see how Uconn will get to a #2 seed. But stranger things have happened.
Iowa is now confident Davis will return for at least the NCAA tournament. Surprised me from the reaction during the game.

Reaction Score
So the ESPN editors are anti-UConn enough to exclude the video from the visible home page ... but not enough to just delete it outright?

As newer video clips are constantly posted, older ones fall off the main page.
hi, if you check the date codes over at ESPN today there are over 70 3 day old video clips (see little 3d in the lower left hand corner), the Lobo "Don't sleep on UCONN" video was two days old yesterday.

Plebe

Reaction Score
hi, if you check the date codes over at ESPN today there are over 70 3 day old video clips (see little 3d in the lower left hand corner), the Lobo "Don't sleep on UCONN" video was two days old yesterday.
Uh ... if it was 2 days old as of yesterday, that means it's 3 days old as of today -- i.e., from the same day as the clips from Sunday's games which you're seeing.

Lobo's clip was from a pregame segment at Iowa on Sunday, i.e. earlier in the day than those game clips you're still seeing. A ton of clips from games earlier that day have already rotated off the main page as well.

Check the page source code for the time stamps if you don't believe me.

Reaction Score
Uh ... if it was 2 days old as of yesterday, that means it's 3 days old as of today -- i.e., from the same day as the clips from Sunday's games which you're seeing.

Lobo's clip was from a pregame segment at Iowa on Sunday, i.e. earlier in the day than those game clips you're still seeing. A ton of clips from games earlier that day have already rotated off the main page as well.

Check the page source code for the time stamps if you don't believe me.
but it was gone yesterday :)

Plebe

Reaction Score
but it was gone yesterday :)
Yes, along with many other clips from earlier in the day Sunday as well. They posted many dozens of clips that day, and as they post new clips the older ones fall off in the same order in which they were posted.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom