Rebecca says "Don't sleep on UCONN" | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Rebecca says "Don't sleep on UCONN"

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
If UConn shoots well they are capable of beating every team in the tournament! Unfortunately, it’s very difficult to go six games in a row against increasingly better teams without having at least one ”let down” game! That’s where we’re gonna need excellent defense and some luck!
I love your faith but there is ZERO evidence of UConn shooting well in any big game we have played this year-hence the 5 losses by 11, 11, 12, 15 and 18 points. Not exactly close contests. The two glaring issues are points in the paint and rebounding. We would have start shooting more than the 20 3-point shots we take per game and make significantly more than the 7 we are currently doing. A 35.6% 3 point shooting percent is not going to close the gap on our lack of paint points and our lack of rebounding against the other top 16 teams that will be in the NCAAT.

We have one elite sharpshooter in Paige, 3 average, at best shooters, in KK, Qadance and Ashlynn and Ice should NEVER take another 3. So I just struggle to see how this gets us over the hump without continued Herculean efforts from Paige and Aaliyah.

Reaction Score
I love your faith but there is ZERO evidence of UConn shooting well in any big game we have played this year-hence the 5 losses by 11, 11, 12, 15 and 18 points. Not exactly close contests. The two glaring issues are points in the paint and rebounding. We would have start shooting more than the 20 3-point shots we take per game and make significantly more than the 7 we are currently doing. A 35.6% 3 point shooting percent is not going to close the gap on our lack of paint points and our lack of rebounding against the other top 16 teams that will be in the NCAAT.

We have one elite sharpshooter in Paige, 3 average, at best shooters, in KK, Qadance and Ashlynn and Ice should NEVER take another 3. So I just struggle to see how this gets us over the hump without continued Herculean efforts from Paige and Aaliyah.
Shooting well + excellent defense + some luck = a pretty good chance against anyone! We are still massive underdogs to get to the FF and/or beyond but the above mentioned formula would at least make it possible!

Reaction Score
Yes, along with many other clips from earlier in the day Sunday as well. They posted many dozens of clips that day, and as they post new clips the older ones fall off in the same order in which they were posted.
yeah right...

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
yeah right...
As I already said, check the time stamps in the page source code if you don't believe me. These things are quite easy to verify.

You yourself already pointed out how the Lobo video was reposted in the "bubble watch" article, which wouldn't be consistent with the theory of a conspiracy to bury the clip.

Reaction Score
Who are the best duos in the nation?

Paige and Liya

Reese and Morrow

Kitley and Amoore

Brink and Iriafen

Sheldon and McMahon

Clark and Stuelke

Betts and Rice

Cardoso and PaoPao

Other?
If Azzi Fudd and Caroline Ducharme were injury free, they’d be on that list too. I’d even throw in Aubrey Griffin and Ashlyn for good measure. Makes you think how much pure talent has been bitten by the injury bug.

Reaction Score
Connecticut always has a chance if they shoot well.
his is true, but we have rarely done so. I mean rarely has the team shot well. In most games, it is Paige and Aaliyah who do "all" the scoring. We need a game where they do their usual thing and KK and shade each had about 16.

Reaction Score
March is a different season. Regular season rules don't apply. South Carolina looks like the favorite but they looked more like that last year too and we all remember what happened.

All you need is 1 game to knock out the opponent and this field to me is wide open. Some of my dream match-ups are UConn - Iowa, South Carolina - Stanford or UCLA, Ohio State - Colorado and LSU - Utah.

Reaction Score

Anything can happen. That's why they actually have to play the game instead of just bestowing the NC on the consensus favorite.

Reaction Score

3 of those losses were away games. The only one of the losses that uconn didn’t shoot well in was the loss to Texas. Those losses happened not because of bad shooting but because we didn’t play good defense both on the perimeter and in the paint. In the loss to South Carolina Paige had 20 points (not bad, but not that great either), Edwards had 20 points and 12 rebounds, and Ashlyn had 14 points. KK was invisible in that game, so I’ll give you that. This team and its coaches learned a lot from those losses, I don’t think they will let that happen again.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
3 of those losses were away games. The only one of the losses that uconn didn’t shoot well in was the loss to Texas. Those losses happened not because of bad shooting but because we didn’t play good defense both on the perimeter and in the paint. In the loss to South Carolina Paige had 20 points (not bad, but not that great either), Edwards had 20 points and 12 rebounds, and Ashlyn had 14 points. KK was invisible in that game, so I’ll give you that. This team and its coaches learned a lot from those losses, I don’t think they will let that happen again.
Let’s just say I drank enough Kool aid when I was a kid so I will pass on that now. I am sorry if I hurt your sensibilities but the fact is this team has some serious flaws that have been exposed in our 5 quality OOC games. Everyone needs the dose of reality that our resume has very poor quality wins. Louisville who just squeaked by BC today, UNC who lost to Miami, Kansas who finished 7th in the Big 12 and our 2 wins over a much over rated Creighton team. Also please stop parsing this “away game” justification as if it means a lot in the women’s game-it doesn’t.
I am rooting for this team as I really like these young ladies but we have some serious deficiencies that can’t be “glossed” over in the NCAAT.
The oddity of this team is all 31 games were double digit losses-26 win by an average of 29 points and the losses by an average of 13.4. Now even the round of 32 game could be a nail biter at home and gosh knows what the Sweet 16 game could hold. We never had to worry about that before. The BET is the freshman and 1st year player opportunities and frankly this coaching staff needs to show us how they can better scheme games (ND was an utter disaster as was tOSU game last year).

Like I said, I really like this team but my eyes are open and I am a realist. I am also a season ticket holder, BET attendee, have first 2 round tickets and both days of Albany tickets so I am committed.

Reaction Score
Let’s just say I drank enough Kool aid when I was a kid so I will pass on that now. I am sorry if I hurt your sensibilities but the fact is this team has some serious flaws that have been exposed in our 5 quality OOC games. Everyone needs the dose of reality that our resume has very poor quality wins. Louisville who just squeaked by BC today, UNC who lost to Miami, Kansas who finished 7th in the Big 12 and our 2 wins over a much over rated Creighton team. Also please stop parsing this “away game” justification as if it means a lot in the women’s game-it doesn’t.
I am rooting for this team as I really like these young ladies but we have some serious deficiencies that can’t be “glossed” over in the NCAAT.
The oddity of this team is all 31 games were double digit losses-26 win by an average of 29 points and the losses by an average of 13.4. Now even the round of 32 game could be a nail biter at home and gosh knows what the Sweet 16 game could hold. We never had to worry about that before. The BET is the freshman and 1st year player opportunities and frankly this coaching staff needs to show us how they can better scheme games (ND was an utter disaster as was tOSU game last year).

Like I said, I really like this team but my eyes are open and I am a realist. I am also a season ticket holder, BET attendee, have first 2 round tickets and both days of Albany tickets so I am committed.
Lol……If you were a stock picker on Wall Street, you’d be broke.

Reaction Score
They’ve got nothing to loose. And, if they play like that they could make a run

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom