Rayshaun Hammonds offer | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Rayshaun Hammonds offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm suggesting that recruiting is fluid, and even though people report accurate information at the time, kids change their minds. Oz thought there was going to be a visit, and even though he was right at the time, it doesn't look like Hammonds will visit.

The November 4th visit date has been around for awhile because that is what Hammonds originally tweeted (before the Polley commitment). That changed. The staff still tried to get Hammonds on campus because they imagined them as two different players, but it looks like it won't happen.

Not trying to be some insider. Just passing on what I know about certain players. If I come off as something else, I apologize, I just always try to look at recruiting objectively.

Reaction Score
I'm suggesting that recruiting is fluid, and even though people report accurate information at the time, kids change their minds. Oz thought there was going to be a visit, and even though he was right at the time, it doesn't look like Hammonds will visit.

The November 4th visit date has been around for awhile because that is what Hammonds originally tweeted (before the Polley commitment). That changed. The staff still tried to get Hammonds on campus because they imagined them as two different players, but it looks like it won't happen.

Not trying to be some insider. Just passing on what I know about certain players. If I come off as something else, I apologize, I just always try to look at recruiting objectively.
You're negative don't add any intel and just come across as a downer. Maybe stick with the Jayhawks.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
tcf posted a passage from a Scout update on him from October 6 that said Hammonds had dropped UConn from his list because of the Polley commitment, that matches what I read from Rivals in late September that made no mention at all of any upcoming UConn visits. Oz then posts a few weeks ago that they're working on a visit and then follows up later with a date. Brandon Clay, who is based out of Georgia where Hammonds is from, then tweets out earlier this week that Hammonds is visiting this weekend, the same date that Oz reported. He then deletes it, my guess is because he got word from Hammonds and/or his camp that the visit was no longer happening. We then see an update from a Memphis blogger that the visit was cancelled and he is visiting Georgia instead. Where is the breakdown in logic? What did Oz get wrong?
OK OK
The kid may have changed his mind
NEXT

Reaction Score
Was told again there is a strong chance he reschedules, FWIW.
How? Georgia is his last official this weekend. From Eric bossi~

Four-star power forward Rayshaun Hammondswill fit in his last official visit this weekend when he sees the campus of Georgia.

An athletic and mobile four-man with a developing mid-range game, Hammonds has a huge upside and could be an impact player in Athens once he adds strength.

With signing day fast approaching, Georgia can set itself up quite nicely with a strong official visit.

Reaction Score
They signed Diarra last year and now Carlton. The Carlton thing makes zero sense if Ollie thought he had a chance with Hammonds. Rather have a top 50 player than a guy barely top 200.

How? Georgia is his last official this weekend. From Eric bossi~

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
JSM literally has no clue.

I don't get why he loves to talk crap about UConn players and recruits so much. He's said that our players and recruits suck many more times than any BC, Cuse, PC, Rutgers, Memphis, Cincy, SMU, or Temple visiting poster combined.

With "fans" like him, who needs opposing fans?

Reaction Score
They signed Diarra last year and now Carlton. The Carlton thing makes zero sense if Ollie thought he had a chance with Hammonds. Rather have a top 50 player than a guy barely top 200.
Remember that time you started a thread to say Kris Bryant is a joke and hugely overrated, then called everyone else idiots for calling you out and finally whining that you want the thread stricken from the record? We all remember.

Reaction Score
Oh sure, you're lost. Pin your post. Let's look in 2 years.

My post isn't making any proclamation. Your post shows your Bball IQ is terrible. And I've seen one too many of those posts out of you. Regardless of what you think of those players, you are completely lost with what positions those guys play because Carlton would have ZERO impact on bringing on Hammonds. As well you are way too caught up in rankings. You are either strictly comparing us to Kentucky's recruiting class or you have no clue on recruiting. Stop basing your viewpoint of Carlton strictly on the number 189. Seriously every ranking should come with a plus or minus of like 50 at least. He may have certain skill sets that Ollie needs. He may have upside in his frame when he adds weight. He may have better than average instincts. It doesn't matter where joe schmo on the recruiting websites plugged him. We are not going to get 5 guys in the top 50. Get over it.

Reaction Score
Yes, let's lie and tell 1/4 truths. I said if he was going to get $30m/year as the benchmark

He had 2 RBIs in WS, he hits in front of Rizzo, Zobrist

1 guy in last 25 years > top 100 @ UConn averaged 10 PPG, but most of that wasn't in the AAC, should obviously the bar is much lower now and taking top 200 kids is not like the old days when not getting top 35 guys was the norm

Remember that time you started a thread to say Kris Bryant is a joke and hugely overrated, then called everyone else idiots for calling you out and finally whining that you want the thread stricken from the record? We all remember.

Reaction Score
Yes, let's lie and tell 1/4 truths. I said if he was going to get $30m/year as the benchmark

He had 2 RBIs in WS, he hits in front of Rizzo, Zobrist

1 guy in last 25 years > top 100 @ UConn averaged 10 PPG, but most of that wasn't in the AAC, should obviously the bar is much lower now and taking top 200 kids is not like the old days when not getting top 35 guys was the norm
There are currently 8 players on this team who were top 100. 5 of them were top 50. We have another top 35 coming in next year. Like I said - you are bad at recruiting rankings.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
JSM literally has no clue.

Ahhh ok. I was seeing lots of posts here in this thread that weren't making sense, and now I finally understand why... I have JSM on ignore and can't see his posts or when people quote him. From how things are going in this thread, seems like a sound decision on my part.

Reaction Score
so diallo and bamba are the only targets left? Recruiting will be quiet until spring it seems.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
so diallo and bamba are the only targets left? Recruiting will be quiet until spring it seems.

Wait for the grad transfer market and the coaching carousel to heat up (recruits decommitting and reopening). Depending on how Vital's development is looking, Ollie may decide that coming in for a quick sell with these kids who are wide open all of a sudden is something he feels comfortable with again.

Reaction Score
Did we think we were out of Hammonds' race when we offered Carlton? Or is Carlton a fast riser and could be top 50 in final rankings by next Spring?

Wait for the grad transfer market and the coaching carousel to heat up (recruits decommitting and reopening). Depending on how Vital's development is looking, Ollie may decide that coming in for a quick sell with these kids who are wide open all of a sudden is something he feels comfortable with again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom