r/CollegeBasketball user claims to have insider info on Cooper Flagg -> UConn* | Page 3 | The Boneyard

r/CollegeBasketball user claims to have insider info on Cooper Flagg -> UConn*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They can go as hard as they want. In the end, we have our staff, they have theirs. I like our chances.
I'm thinking the same thing. They will present their plan to facilitate his journey. Will it be better than DH's? Like you said, I like our chances.

Reaction Score
"ChatGPT, write a message board post by a reputed insider from Cooper Flagg's hometown that will give the Boneyard a collective stiffy."
confused paul rudd GIF

caw

Reaction Score
What does “go harder” mean? Lmao. It’s a recruiting visit. Nothing they do makes Hurley their coach

Dunno rumors are out there Scheyer is planning to pass out from exhaustion twice during their pep rally to show how intense he is. They already have the photos shot and ready to post. /s

Reaction Score
Why the hell are we the little brother to Duke here? Why shouldn't our hopes be high that he's coming here? If I were him, I sure would. Since he was 8-10 years old, we have had far more success, put more players in the NBA and our coach is better than their coach. If he chose Duke? I'd almost look at that as a mistake on his part. And if I'm wrong, let the lineup of Duke NBA starters from the last decade tell me so.

Everything he wants matches up perfectly with us and he should come here. We're on top and not leaving anytime soon.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I just learned of this Duke brotherhood thing the other day, geezus. I thought people were just talking about players coming back and everyone being close with each other. I had no idea it's a huge marketing campaign with podcasts, symbols, merch, a summer course etc.

This is some of the corniest try hard stuff I've ever seen.

Reaction Score
Our most important commits are Dan Hurley and his staff. If we’ve got those guys, we might not get this guy or that guy, but we’ll continue to bring in elite talent and compete at the highest levels. I hope Flagg makes the best decision for him, but obviously would love to see him at UConn and I think he’d develop his game more with Hurley than anyone else.

caw

Reaction Score
I just learned of this Duke brotherhood thing the other day, geezus. I thought people were just talking about players coming back and everyone being close with each other. I had no idea it's a huge marketing campaign with podcasts, symbols, merch, a summer course etc.

The branding is good for them but it’s not original

Reaction Score

Hadn't seen this posted. I count 16 points, 5 ast, 2 steals and 3 blocks from Flagg.

I like now he closes the gate handling the ball. That's important for 6'10 ballhandlers. Needs to keep improving that shot. Ridiculously talented... his passing and defense are so advanced.

Reaction Score

Don’t think you can have a more genuine brotherhood than one that’s as orchestrated as Duke’s is!

Reaction Score
I've told this one before. When the UConn alumni games were at their height, there was a discussion about a UConn Alum vs Duke Alum game since they were both Nike. It fell apart because Duke couldn't get enough commitments from their key alums. I know this first hand.

On the other hand, there was one UConn alum that came back to a game at Mohegan and drove his own car 10 hours to get to the game because his flight would have come out of the charity pool.

Reaction Score
Since he was 8-10 years old, we have had far more success, put more players in the NBA and our coach is better than their coach.
I know we're all UConn homers here but come on. I'll agree with you on the last point but I don't think the first and second points are true. He'll be 17 in a couple months so you really believe UConn has put more players in the NBA and had more success in the last 7-9 years than Duke? Next 7-9 years I'd put my money on UConn but not the last 7-9 overall.

caw

Reaction Score
I think it makes them look pathetic, a brotherhood should be an organic thing. This looks like a cult.

Yeah but a lot of people like exclusive clubs.

caw

Reaction Score
I know we're all UConn homers here but come on. I'll agree with you on the last point but I don't think the first and second points are true. He'll be 17 in a couple months so you really believe UConn has put more players in the NBA and had more success in the last 7-9 years than Duke? Next 7-9 years I'd put my money on UConn but not the last 7-9 overall.

Yeah. UConn isn’t close to UK and Duke simply bc they got so many 5 stars over the last 7-9 years.

It’s shocking UConn has as many NCs as Duke since 1990 when you look at the recruiting.

Reaction Score
100%. Nowell is all about winning every game I've seen him play (probably 10). It's not about the flashy play, he makes the best play. Strong as hell for his size too. He and Solo are going to tear up opponents on defense.
He already has a man's body too. Not the typical freshman.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
On the other hand, there was one UConn alum that came back to a game at Mohegan and drove his own car 10 hours to get to the game because his flight would have come out of the charity pool.
And wasn't there a thing where the Husky NBA vet would host a Husky rook the first time their paths crossed. Anyone remember something like that?

Reaction Score

Hadn't seen this posted. I count 16 points, 5 ast, 2 steals and 3 blocks from Flagg.

I like now he closes the gate handling the ball. That's important for 6'10 ballhandlers. Needs to keep improving that shot. Ridiculously talented... his passing and defense are so advanced.

If Cooper is 6'10, Donovan is 7'4.

Reaction Score
There have been many one-off troll posts on Reddit. I'd put negative stock into this. In fact this alone makes me believe he's not coming here.

Reaction Score
Fair point on the NBA current talent, but when you pull up that current list it's not 5 star recruits for Duke. Is Kyrie Irving a recruiting tool? Or Mason Plumlee? Or Luke Kennard?

As for success. If you go back to ~2014, they have 1 title, we have 2. If you went back to 2010 we have 3 to their 2. All their other early exits are pretty sad. And yes, I know I'm pretty much erasing our time in the AAC.

Reaction Score
I have never heard him described as a PG but a few months ago I hadn’t heard of him being a shooter either. I think we are gonna need some experience in the backcourt. 2-4 look to be high upside.
It's because he's not a PG. He didn't play PG in high school and he's not going to play PG here. He's going to be a really good 2 guard for UConn though

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Couple guys( and Hurleymania)in spaces says there’s rumors that Flagg may take another unofficial to UConn in early November(11/6 banner reveal?) after the Duke visit.
This would be amazing, but that conflicts with the current timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom