r/CollegeBasketball user claims to have insider info on Cooper Flagg -> UConn* | The Boneyard

r/CollegeBasketball user claims to have insider info on Cooper Flagg -> UConn*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1697675018152.png

Reaction Score
For the first time today I actually allowed myself to envision our roster makeup with Flagg. I assume we are going to go portalling for a PG? Seems like we would have way too much talent to entrust the reigns to a true freshman.

Reaction Score
Is it at all possible that Donovan might be thinking of staying at UConn for 3 years? I don’t consider that likely, but is it possible? I mean he could use NIL money to buy an insurance policy on his health to protect future earnings. Obviously this is total speculation, but what if that is a possibility and if he conveyed that to Cooper?

Reaction Score
Solo!

I have never heard him described as a PG but a few months ago I hadn’t heard of him being a shooter either. I think we are gonna need some experience in the backcourt. 2-4 look to be high upside.

Reaction Score
Is it at all possible that Donovan might be thinking of staying at UConn for 3 years? I don’t consider that likely, but is it possible? I mean he could use NIL money to buy an insurance policy on his health to protect future earnings. Obviously this is total speculation, but what if that is a possibility and if he conveyed that to Cooper?
I don’t think it’s likely, but he wouldn’t even need to use his NIL for that. I believe the schools can provide that for athletes

Reaction Score
It’s too early to be Speculating on who we will put around him next year. I think that between nowell and ball it’s likely we will be good at the 1 however I am sure we will address it if we need to, right now we have 5 awesome freshman and 2 great recruits for next year and hoping for a third

Reaction Score
I've been a UConn fan since I was a child and now I'm on the back half of middle age. Hurley has us at a level that is at least, and maybe even beginning to exceed, peak Huskymania. If this happens as you describe...not 1, not 2....

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I have never heard him described as a PG but a few months ago I hadn’t heard of him being a shooter either. I think we are gonna need some experience in the backcourt. 2-4 look to be high upside.
I put a pretty thorough breakdown on here before from someone who evaluates PGs that said he had all the skills to be one. He seemed to handle PG duties with Castle overseas too.

I’d bet $3 that that’s what he’ll eventually be here if that’s not his role as a backup already this year. It’s his best shot at maximizing his NBA potential.

Reaction Score
It’s too early to be Speculating on who we will put around him next year. I think that between nowell and ball it’s likely we will be good at the 1 however I am sure we will address it if we need to, right now we have 5 awesome freshman and 2 great recruits for next year and hoping for a third
Not to mention that a front court that could include Flagg, Karaban, and potentially Clingan would be an exceptionally good passing front line.

Reaction Score

Good grief. Like every other athlete in the NCAA with a modicum of sense, if Clingan plays well enough to be drafted early, he will leave. Stop with this nonsense and enjoy Flagg's recruitment.

Reaction Score
The more crazy rumors the more it feels like misdirection. Hope I’m wrong.
I don’t think I’ve heard a “crazy rumor”. And Flagg doesn’t seem like the type of kid to engage in “misdirection”. I struggle to see how that benefits him. I think it’s exactly what I’ve been saying. This is much more of a 60-40 race and it has been for a little while.

If he wanted to engage in misdirection he would’ve took the Kansas visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom