r/CollegeBasketball user claims to have insider info on Cooper Flagg -> UConn* | Page 14 | The Boneyard

r/CollegeBasketball user claims to have insider info on Cooper Flagg -> UConn*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You're assuming the last two years will be a year from now. Flagg isn't coming into the 2023-2024 Big East or ACC. He's going into the 2024-2025 one. It's not like the ACC didn't have two final four teams literally the season before last (and Miami last year) in addition to being the better conference in 2021.

Anyway, I'm enjoying arguing a bit too much because you are far too biased towards UConn. Honestly—I love it. I love UConn too. I'll let this one go. :)
Yea we’re on the same side haha.

BUT I don’t think the ACC will boast a top 7 as good as UConn, Nova, Marquette, Creighton, St John’s, Xavier, and Providence any time soon. And don’t let Corny Cooley turn things around at Georgetown. Sha will have the hall competitive soon I believe as well

Reaction Score
This thread is like that house party where most people are drunk and taking not a single thing seriously and then there are two guys who are going at each other about the electoral college or something.
I'm doing a project outline for my MBA class right now. The topic will either be about Emotional Intelligence or Power, Politics, and Influence. It's supposed to be related to a work situation but this Cooper Flagg recruitment and UConn buzz is a much more interesting to me right now

Reaction Score
You're really setting yourself up...

If it happens it happens but I wouldn't get so wrapped up in the trail of crumbs.

close up head banging GIF by Real Food RN

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Donovan Clingan, barring tragedy, is not coming back next year. Let it go.
? Where have you seen me claim Clingan is coming back? On this thread or elsewhere?

My reply is about human nature and not Clingan, whom I have given little thought as to whether he will return or not. I was not even focused that this was about Clingan when I reacted to @husky429 sweeping statement.

There are more recent examples of people staying, as even @husky429 alludes. Their motivations are varied. Where Clingan’s motivations lie I have not the foggiest idea, but if you think all motivations are the same, or should be, you are mistaken as well.

And as for the @navery12 comment that the NBA has changed. Yes, and so has the NCAA and NIL. Regardless of the overall impact of those changes, human nature and motivations are still varied. To think just one set of motivations should sweepingly apply to all, or else they lack sense, is naive tunnel vision.

Reaction Score
? Where have you seen me claim Clingan is coming back? On this thread or elsewhere?

My reply is about human nature and not Clingan, whom I have given little thought as to whether he will return or not. I was not even focused that this was about Clingan when I reacted to @husky429 sweeping statement.

There are more recent examples of people staying, as even @husky429 alludes. Their motivations are varied. Where Clingan’s motivations lie I have not the foggiest idea, but if you think all motivations are the same, or should be, you are mistaken as well.

And as for the @navery12 comment that the NBA has changed. Yes, and so has the NCAA and NIL. Regardless of the overall impact of those changes, human nature and motivations are still varied. To think just one set of motivations should sweepingly apply to all, or else they lack sense, is naive tunnel vision.

Donovan has spoken publically about his motivations many times. He wants to play in the NBA.

Reaction Score
As far as following Andrew Hurley and Bazz, didn't Timberlake follow almost our entire team?
Yes, that recruitment ruined following likes and follows for all time for me.

...But I do think that was an especially bizarre recruitment, one of those that swung the opposite way right at the end.

Which does happen, and which is why nothing about how Cooper is feeling matters right now before he steps foot on Duke's campus and/or talks to his family following all the visits. It can all change.

Reaction Score
Timberlake was a turn coat
Agree, but the point stands. On the previous page people were saying this was basically a blood oath and nobody had ever done it without committing.

Reaction Score
Yes, that recruitment ruined following likes and follows for all time for me.

...But I do think that was an especially bizarre recruitment, one of those that swung the opposite way right at the end.

Which does happen, and which is why nothing about how Cooper is feeling matters right now before he steps foot on Duke's campus and/or talks to his family following all the visits. It can all change.
Completely agree.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Every team that won an NCAA title while in the Big East that later joined the ACC you’re crediting as an ACC title?
So the greatest college BB teams ever, UCLA in the 60’s-70’s, you’re giving all their titles to the Big 10?

IMO, the conference that a team is in when they win a title keeps the title.
That’s how it was phrased. So yes, UCLA now counts for the Big Ten.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Don't sleep on Depaul!

Sorry if I'm not supposed to post someone else swearing I don't know how to fix that

Maybe he got Blue Devils and Blue Demons combined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01