Quiet week in here. Nervous anticpiation? | The Boneyard

Quiet week in here. Nervous anticpiation?

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I know I get a little anxious over these potential statement games. Again, won't take much to make me happy. A team that's organized, interested in competing, not outclassed from the introductions... Any of that would be welcome signs of progress. Anything beyond that... Possible but probably too early in the process (although it is nice to hear HCJM say he's not interested in good losses).

Reaction Score
I just checked Syracuse Fan to see how their fans are anticipating this game. They believe they're in a different stratosphere and there is absolutely no rivalry aspect here because UConn is unworthy. I knew Syracuse fans were painfully full of themselves but it's always nice to check that board and remember what scumbags they are. Holy... they believe anything less than a 40+ point blowout will be a disappointment. They also seem to believe that there will be ~15-20k fans at the rent on Saturday with about 1/4 of that being Syracuse fans.... LOL

I just bought 10 tickets for my party - I'm excited for this one.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure why it’s so lukewarm. More UConn fans look at it as a rivalry in FB than Cuse fans I’m sure. Rightfully so they have had our number in the last 3 contests. But we’ve only played them 9 x in football compared to nearly 100x in hoops because of the late jump to FBS in the early 2000’s.

I look at it as a rivalry game ignited by hoops. You always want to beat Cuse and I am sure they feel the same albeit they have had a little more success in the last decade than UConn but not to a dramatic extent. Both teams have a single bowl game since 2015. We’ve both sucked and need a little something to get some wondering eyes to football from the fan base.

Undoubtedly, both teams want to win… kinda surprised it’s as quiet as it is. As far as Cuse fans go they can suck it after we pick up the dub.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don’t know if I consider the rivalry, I just think it is in the order of the universe for UConn to beat the orange in every sport in which they compete. That may be a tall order this weekend in game three of the revolution though.

Reaction Score
Everyone is wait and see mode. We beat CCSU, but they're at less than 63 FCS scholarships I believe and the game was close into late in the 3rd. Prior to that we had USU down 14-0, with the ball and moving, and 2 fumble later the wheels came off. This game can tell a lot about the current roster compared to previous years where we simply didn't belong on the field most times.

Reaction Score
As long as our QB improves week to week (it's happened so far I think) we'll be OK... It's just that this weekend is a huge step up from last weekend. This kid (Zion) seems like a cool cucumber. Haven't seen that here before at the QB position...

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Everyone is wait and see mode. We beat CCSU, but they're at less than 63 FCS scholarships I believe and the game was close into late in the 3rd. Prior to that we had USU down 14-0, with the ball and moving, and 2 fumble later the wheels came off. This game can tell a lot about the current roster compared to previous years where we simply didn't belong on the field most times.
It feels like you can't judge UConn in the first game because everything was new....new coaches...new schemes...new players. Then the QB goes down. Then Utah State gets smoked by Alabama. Hard to know what you have after that game.

Following week was a slow start with a nice finish. But....was that more about depth than anything else? Still hard to know what we have.

This week is really the first week to assess where this team is at and should give us a good feel on how they will finish out the season.

Reaction Score
The rent has always been a night atmosphere, hopefully we have an amped up crowd. Like the 7 pm start can sleep in then catch a 2nd wind by game time. Noon start times never have a great atmosphere even for basketball games.

As for this game I’m just hoping we’re in it for a half with a punchers chance. I just hope Zion is given time to make the throws I can live with freshman mistakes.

Reaction Score

It tells us a lot, but also should not tell us everything no matter what the result is Saturday night. It's a 12-game season and a 12-game developmental process for the program. This particular month is the toughest stretch of the season. Syracuse, then two road games at top 20 teams (Michigan, NC State), then back home against Fresno St (team that destroyed us last year on opening day). It's gonna be rough but I believe this team will certainly battle. If we can keep the injuries minimized and keep fighting hard and showing on-field progress, we definitely have a good chance to win a few games the rest of the way, and maybe even pull of an upset or two this month.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I’m not sure why it’s so lukewarm. More UConn fans look at it as a rivalry in FB than Cuse fans I’m sure. Rightfully so they have had our number in the last 3 contests. But we’ve only played them 9 x in football compared to nearly 100x in hoops because of the late jump to FBS in the early 2000’s.

I look at it as a rivalry game ignited by hoops. You always want to beat Cuse and I am sure they feel the same albeit they have had a little more success in the last decade than UConn but not to a dramatic extent. Both teams have a single bowl game since 2015. We’ve both sucked and need a little something to get some wondering eyes to football from the fan base.

Undoubtedly, both teams want to win… kinda surprised it’s as quiet as it is. As far as Cuse fans go they can suck it after we pick up the dub.
Not really. I don’t consider Cuse a rival in football. They have a losing record against us, and they have won the last few having far more resources. We were much better than them in the Big East.

To me our mortal rival in the Big East was Pitt. We were evenly matched, and I disliked Pitt more than even Syracuse in basketball.

Reaction Score
They also seem to believe that there will be ~15-20k fans at the rent on Saturday with about 1/4 of that being Syracuse fans.... LOL

If there is around 4-5k Syracuse fans in attendance I would hope to god there is close to 20k+ UConn fans as well.

EDIT After looking at the ticket map on the UConn ticket site I have seriously over estimated the number of people who will be in attendance.

Reaction Score
Eye test on UConn vs. other teams I watched last week (mostly P5) was UConn doesn't have the size or speed of most teams (except RB). Not as wide a gap as 2018/19/21 but still there.

Just don't get a lot of injuries next 4 games so can see where UConn is at against teams 90 to 130. Should be competitive there and that would be a big step.

Would be fun to turn the Fruit's day rotten Saturday.

Reaction Score
After a decade of beatdowns, and entering the most formidable formidable stretch of the schedule, I feel a little like an abused kid fearfully waiting for his angry, drunk father to come home.
I wanted to like this but I can't because I lived it. Not a comparison I would make between domestic violence and loosing football games.
No attack just say'n......

Reaction Score
To have any chance we’re gojng to have to make tackles on initial hits and avoid turnovers. Their QB is big and strong. Gonna be a tough matchup behind their huge O line

Reaction Score
If there is around 4-5k Syracuse fans in attendance I would hope to god there is close to 20k+ UConn fans as well.

EDIT After looking at the ticket map on the UConn ticket site I have seriously over estimated the number of people who will be in attendance.
But not the number of Cuse fans

Reaction Score
After looking at the ticket map on the UConn ticket site I have seriously over estimated the number of people who will be in attendance.
Well the lower bowl is just about sold out. That's over half the stadium. Zoom in and you'll see most of what's available is handicapped seating. Probably 500 normal seats left. I expect 25k.

Reaction Score
1662696203079.png

Reaction Score
I just checked Syracuse Fan to see how their fans are anticipating this game. They believe they're in a different stratosphere and there is absolutely no rivalry aspect here because UConn is unworthy. I knew Syracuse fans were painfully full of themselves but it's always nice to check that board and remember what scumbags they are. Holy... they believe anything less than a 40+ point blowout will be a disappointment. They also seem to believe that there will be ~15-20k fans at the rent on Saturday with about 1/4 of that being Syracuse fans.... LOL

The fruit fans in NYC appreciate the short drive to the 6th borough

Reaction Score
The football side of the boneyard is kind of dead in general.
I myself just got back into the Boneyard after too many years of who cares. Coach Mora has at least brought back the right attitude with some excitement and maybe a few statement wins.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom