Quiet week in here. Nervous anticpiation? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Quiet week in here. Nervous anticpiation?

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
I think it's reasonable to expect measurable progress. I define that as playing hard for four quarters, and earning the respect of your opponent. Right now, the UConn program is considered a joke by many (most?) prognosticators and pundits. I, for one, am tired of hearing them speak pitifully and condescendingly about the Huskies, and would love to see these people either silenced or singing a bit of a different tune. At least this season, there is the Jim Mora credibility factor which has given the program an element of mystery, or the potential for something good to happen, which hasn't been the case for many years.

A win, and nothing less, is the primary objective here, but seeing the components that make winning possible, the tangible aspects that make a winning program, are right there along with it. Make Syracuse remember your name and, win or lose.

Reaction Score
Right now, the UConn program is considered a joke by prognosticators and pundits (who) speak pitifully and condescendingly about the Huskies. At least this season, there's the Jim Mora credibility factor which has given the program an element of mystery, or the potential for something good to happen, which hasn't been the case for many years.
Very true. Imagine how brutal it would be if Benedict had hired a coach who lacked the gravitas and national reputation of Mora. It's the most important hire we've ever made concerning a ball that wasn't round.

Reaction Score
I agree and would add ND fans to the Top 10 Worst list
Definitely BC fans. The arrogance and superiority they treat us with. We are considered a "public Ivy" and they act like they are better.

Reaction Score
So unfortunate that Roberson, Ross, and Marion are all out. I think that if all three were full go this would be a highly interesting game. With a young QB and some hits to depth already, I think that it will be difficult hanging on for 4 quarters. Ultimately I think they succumb to the deeper team with the more experienced QB.

Reaction Score
The visitor's sections at the Rent this year are one section downstairs (135) and 6 1/2 sections upstairs. Syracuse sold the single downstairs section. All of their upstairs sections are wide open. Although I expect a number of SU fans spread throughout the stadium, including my brother sitting next to me so we have to make this game competitive and at least beat the spread, I doubt there will be more than a 2,000 or so. If we can get to 25K with 90%+ UConn fans it will be a decent step forward. I'm also not ready to annoint Syracuse as a strong team after one game versus a Louisville lineup that looked as lost as some of our recent squads. I'll be satisfied if we are competitive into the third quarter, happy if we have a chance to win in the 4th and ecstatic if we pull it off.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
So unfortunate that Roberson, Ross, and Marion are all out. I think that if all three were full go this would be a highly interesting game. With a young QB and some hits to depth already, I think that it will be difficult hanging on for 4 quarters. Ultimately I think they succumb to the deeper team with the more experienced QB.
Good points, and your prediction may be spot on, BUT don't forget Syracuse also lost two top players for the season, including their fullback, who is also their captain, and a top linebacker. I think that evens it out a bit.

Reaction Score
Definitely BC fans. The arrogance and superiority they treat us with. We are considered a "public Ivy" and they act like they are better.
I don’t think UCONN has ever beaten them so they got that going for them

Reaction Score
Win or lose, if this team competes for the full 4 qtrs that will be an improvement
But you always want to beat the POS athletic program and school that Cuse is
Screw the Cuse
Don’t hold anything back, let it out. I agree with your desire for our team to be at least competitive.

Reaction Score
I really don't dislike any other school with the passion I reserve for bcu... But fans? Yeah, orange heads are the worst.
Agree that Cuse fans are a rotten batch of oranges. But “ don’t get mad, get even”.

Reaction Score
After a decade of beatdowns, and entering the most formidable formidable stretch of the schedule, I feel a little like an abused kid fearfully waiting for his angry, drunk father to come home.

Book an appointment with Robin Williams Oh wait.....too late for that

Reaction Score
I don’t think UCONN has ever beaten them so they got that going for them
Just FYI, no attack. ;) .................. TIME TO TURN THE TIDE....................GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SERIES HISTORY: The UConn Huskies and Syracuse Orange have met 11 previous times on the gridiron. The Huskies hold a 6-5 advantage with the Orange winning the last three games by a combined score of 121-55.

Reaction Score
Wait….what? Who are you referring to as a “public Ivy”? No offense to our flagship university, but there are a host of public universities better academically than UConn.

Reaction Score
Wait….what? Who are you referring to as a “public Ivy”? No offense to our flagship university, but there are a host of public universities better academically than UConn.
Public Ivy is a term for good public schools that gets thrown around way too much. Only the top 5 deserve “Public Ivy”. UConn comes it at like 23 among publics. still very good.

Reaction Score
UConn was listed as a public ivy in the Howard and Matthew Greene guide. Not many were included. Just 30.

Reaction Score
Public Ivy is a term for good public schools that gets thrown around way too much. Only the top 5 deserve “Public Ivy”. UConn comes it at like 23 among publics. still very good.
Yeah, I got carried away. We are pretty good for a state school

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom