QB discussion ... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

QB discussion ...

Reaction Score
Also, I sure hope we can take advantage of using our BIGGER WRs down in the redzone area with this kid slinging it.. He seems to be able to throw where the bigger guys can high point the football.. go up and get it over the defender. He does this well...

Reaction Score
Nice touch on the ball in the clips...a lot of longish tosses....

...his average was .55...229.6 yds per game
...won 10 games in 2017

Reaction Score
The center was making HIMSELF look bad because the other qb was banging his sister? I buy it.
The other way around. He was going out with the other qb's sister. And I believe I left details of the relationship out, for the simple reason who knows or who cares. You could go back and look at the vids if you like.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The other way around. He was going out with the other qb's sister. And I believe I left details of the relationship out, for the simple reason who knows or who cares. You could go back and look at the vids if you like.
I guess that makes more sense but I still hope you’d be wrong on this.

Reaction Score
I guess that makes more sense but I still hope you’d be wrong on this.
Sure, so do I hope that. And there are many other reasons for bad snaps. If a qb is new, has a different cadence, different accent, whatever. If they haven't spent a ton of time working together .... But it was noticeable how bad the snaps got when he came in.

Reaction Score
Yes. Absurd. It’s not like he didn’t get any playing time. He was overmatched. Did you watch the games?
Yes, watched all the games. His pt was very spotty, McEntee was terrible, and kept playing because PP was a stubborn old man or. Many games Nebrich didn't play at all. Then after Nebrich transfered during the summer, PP finally woke up and dropped McEntee to # 2 on the depth chart as a senior. So like McEntee was a solid choice over Nebrich. Not

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Like how he can throw in windows, tight or wide open (let alone throwing over the top of defenses).. something hopefully we see more and more of up in Storrs, CT.. stuff like that opens up your running game...

Are you saying he's a windah throwah? Bodes well for us, if true.

Reaction Score
Even if Beaudry is good I don't expect us to put up many points. We don't have a real offensive coordinator...

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Yes, watched all the games. His pt was very spotty, McEntee was terrible, and kept playing because PP was a stubborn old man or. Many games Nebrich didn't play at all. Then after Nebrich transfered during the summer, PP finally woke up and dropped McEntee to # 2 on the depth chart as a senior. So like McEntee was a solid choice over Nebrich. Not

Why we are talking about an eight year old QB competition, I don't know, but in hindsight, walk-on QB McEntee won the starting job over potentially more talented and deserving scholarship players through a well placed release of a substantially and grossly edited video of his throwing prowess.

[Forget] Justin Bieber. "Trick shot Johnny" was the first YouTube star.

Reaction Score
Omg his D2 team wore the classic Whalers/every other Hartford team since green/blue. Legend

Lol I thought the same thing when watching his highlights. It must mean something!

Beaudry is legit. He hasn’t had a healthy year since he balled out his RS freshman year taking them to the National Championship game, D2 respectfully, but I think a healthy Beaudry would surprise people. If he does well against Wagner and a decent game against Illinois then I think we might compete in the AAC, 4-8 or 5-7. I’m just not sure on a bowl.

For me, the question mark is the WR’s and defense. The game isnt complete without the whole team but it’s refreshing to know who the QB is.

Reaction Score
Why we are talking about an eight year old QB competition, I don't know, but in hindsight, walk-on QB McEntee won the starting job over potentially more talented and deserving scholarship players through a well placed release of a substantially and grossly edited video of his throwing prowess.

[Forget] Justin Bieber. "Trick shot Johnny" was the first YouTube star.
We're talking about it because the 2011 season was the beginning of the end for UConn football. Pasqualoni managed to somehow destroy everything Uconn had built up to that point in only two years. Nebrich, Lagow, Joe Moorhead, all saw the writing on the wall and all three left Storrs as soon as they could. It's funny but Pasqualoni was a decent recruiter but as a coach he was just as bad as Diaco.

Reaction Score
Lol I thought the same thing when watching his highlights. It must mean something!

Beaudry is legit. He hasn’t had a healthy year since he balled out his RS freshman year taking them to the National Championship game, D2 respectfully, but I think a healthy Beaudry would surprise people. If he does well against Wagner and a decent game against Illinois then I think we might compete in the AAC, 4-8 or 5-7. I’m just not sure on a bowl.

For me, the question mark is the WR’s and defense. The game isnt complete without the whole team but it’s refreshing to know who the QB is.
I hope you're right, I'll be rooting for him.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Who do you want named the starter?

Who do you want to see taking snaps?

Let's get this out of the way preseason instead of week 3
Tried to get the answer before the announcement but I failed you all.

Reaction Score
Does anyone have hope for Micah Leon? He has the size and speed. He also has leadership skills.

Husky25

Reaction Score
We're talking about it because the 2011 season was the beginning of the end for UConn football. Pasqualoni managed to somehow destroy everything Uconn had built up to that point in only two years. Nebrich, Lagow, Joe Moorhead, all saw the writing on the wall and all three left Storrs as soon as they could. It's funny but Pasqualoni was a decent recruiter but as a coach he was just as bad as Diaco.

The kid from Texas thought he should be anointed the starter without stepping foot on campus, because he was a 3-star recruit from Texas who won a 7-on-7 championship. The problem is that college ball is played 11-on-11 and his high school team went 6-4 or something. Then he dragged his feet on NLI day and didn't like that the staff signed another QB. The episode with his dad was just surreal here. I regret my involvement.

Nebrich should have taken his lumps as a red shirt, but the matter stands. What's past remains (a truly awful) prologue and none of those principle actors are around any longer.

Husky25

Reaction Score

For me, football begins and ends in the trenches. I like the experience, but still hope Peart can stop flinching at every whisper. I have no clue what to expect from the DL. Given their size, (in)experience, and system, there are no takeaways from last year.

Reaction Score
The kid from Texas thought he should be anointed the starter without stepping foot on campus, because he was a 3-star recruit from Texas who won a 7-on-7 championship. The problem is that college ball is played 11-on-11 and his high school team went 6-4 or something. Then he dragged his feet on NLI day and didn't like that the staff signed another QB. The episode with his dad was just surreal here. I regret my involvement.

Nebrich should have taken his lumps as a red shirt, but the matter stands. What's past remains (a truly awful) prologue and none of those principle actors are around any longer.
I don't want to anoint Lagow any more but will say I thought he was a better QB than Cochran, Boyle , or Whitmer. Nebrich should have been redshirted but as you say the matter stands. Boyles problem was two fold, first his coach was Paul Pasqualoni, and second he was a very late bloomer. People on the Boneyard say Nebrich wasn't ready as a true freshman but in truth the one QB who was not ready was Boyle. I followed him closely during his high school career and felt that he needed to be redshirted for reasons I won't go into.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Remember that it was ME WHO RUINED THE BOARD.

lol

As an older guy, WE all hoped the generation after us would flood the boneyard. With lots of energy & digging for all those great recruiting stories. It happened.

Just didn’t expect you’d try to punk us on every darn thing. We have always rolled our eyes at the public persona of Edsall ... BUT I’m more convinced than ever that he has the calculated formula for putting this Team together. (Might feel different after week 2 - quite frankly)

I miss chats with the cubbybear

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom