Put (A Little) Money Where Your Mouth Is | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Put (A Little) Money Where Your Mouth Is

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Wouldn't it be great if some billionaire took an irrational, obsessive interest in seeing if he/she could use their unfathomable fortune to build lowly UConn into a national champion, just to spite all the other billionaires and millionaires supporting the exclusive P4. That's my fantasy.
This was me when I played NCAA football on my XBox. I'd play as a lowly school, usually UConn first, and turn them into National Champs and then take my talents to a nobody Sun Belt school and do the same. I loved it!

Now if only that paid me money and I could do it for real.....

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Dude. Years ago, in another life, I played the ever living crap out of NCAA Football 2003 on my Gamecube. Started with UConn, won a championship, then moved on and on and on. I still have a mental space for it in my head - last I left off, a couple years ago, I was working on bringing the championship to Idaho.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Dude. Years ago, in another life, I played the ever living crap out of NCAA Football 2003 on my Gamecube. Started with UConn, won a championship, then moved on and on and on. I still have a mental space for it in my head - last I left off, a couple years ago, I was working on bringing the championship to Idaho.
Played as Idaho! Loved their stadium.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I’m working on it. Don’t think it’s gonna happen sadly.
Did you ask Bob? He's sitting on a pile of cash and I bet he's just waiting to be asked.

1701385092468.png

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm serious. When Neag gave that pile of cash to the School of Education, the question was "Why now? Why not years ago?" He answered, "No one asked".

Reaction Score
Feels like the D Collective is being very strategic with their adds rather than doing what Michigan State did. More targeted based on contribution and potential.

Reaction Score
I'm serious. When Neag gave that pile of cash to the School of Education, the question was "Why now? Why not years ago?" He answered, "No one asked".
I was on the board of a start up non profit and we received a large (at the time) donation. The leader of the non-profit invited the donor to a board meeting to discuss why they gave the donation and the donor said because one of the board members asked for a donation. Sometimes it really is that simple.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
I didn’t know what thread I was in and my eyes got real wide for a second.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom