Purvis Returning | The Boneyard

Purvis Returning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Borges said Purvis indicated he is returning next year on Twitter. Kind of suprised

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
That's good, right ?

I think its good. I think he might be able to thrive in a system where there are multiple good ball handlers and he can get some kickouts for threes. Just need to work on finishing those times where he does go to the rack.

That said, I believe it would be in a reduced role.

Reaction Score
I'm shocked, was told by someone close he is looking at Europe if NBA doesn't work. But Rodney is a great kid of high character and when we have our old 2 PG system in place will have plenty of opportunities to knock down wide open shots (he's become reliable from deep for sure) and maybe more paths to the hoop. And more running in general which is his forte.

Very happy if true!

2 PGs will make all the difference!!!
As a late 30 something, only two players at guard did I ever think I could guard (and I couldn't but you get my point)...Donnell Beverly and Gibbs because of their below average foot speed. I couldn't have guarded them because of size and Gibbs is amazing shooter, but they just don't have the quickness to create anything for guys like Rodney which the 2nd PG will help a ton. Rodney can be the knockdown shooter we were worried about too. Not a totally pure shooter but kudos to him for working so hard and becoming reliable.

In Alterique and Jalen we TRUST!!!

Reaction Score
My reaction was also "ugh". I know Purvis is a great kid and has had some solid games, but I'm so ready to clean house and just start with a new team...
I think DHam's sad puppy dog routine when things go poorly is a lot worse for the team than Rodney playing poorly, at least he brings it on D when shot not falling.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
And shooting better than 44% at the free throw line.

That should be a given for anyone that plays a backcourt position.

Reaction Score
Hope he improves ALOT this summer...otherwise, ugh.

This team needs another guard.

Do people realize that Gibbs and Calhoun are gone next year?

Our guards are Jalen Adams and Alterique Gilbert.

I was thinking that next year, Sam Cassell would be seeing 15 minutes a game.

Anyone who doesn't think this is a great thing is missing out.

Besides, Rodney has improved his game a lot this year. Shooting is up, mistakes are down. If he practices getting bodied and making layups, he will be a real weapon.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I know things haven't gone for Rodney as we would have hoped, but he's one of the best kids off the court we've ever had. If he's not the best option on the court next year, he'll provide solid depth for us, but overall I love this kid and am very happy he's coming back.

Reaction Score
Good god if we give the keys to Purvis and Hamilton instead of Gilbert and Adams next year, I may go postal.

They have to improve.

Do you think the same exact things weren't said about dozens of players over the years?

What did people say about Deandre Daniels and Shabazz Napier after their first 2 years at UConn?

Reaction Score
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Reaction Score
You're all out of your minds if you don't want Purvis back next year. He's one of our best on ball defenders and scoring 12 points per game with elite athleticism. He lacks the focus, heart and basketball IQ to ever become a Husky great; but him coming back is essential.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I will go with the opinion that Purvis and the mercenary Sterling Gibbs were an awful mix. A mix that blew the #^@%# up on Ollie.

With a defined role Purv should not be a detriment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom