Purvis on DHam doubters | The Boneyard

Purvis on DHam doubters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good for Rodney. All the idiots bashing Dham just sound petty and dumb.

Agree or disagree with his decision, that's fine. But the over the top criticism is absurd.

Sometimes I read posts on here and it seems people are hoping Dham fails.

I don't know if he'll get drafted, but wish him the best.

Worse case scenario is Dham can make six figures in Europe if he wants to next year.

Reaction Score
Be happy for a kid who could have made tens of millions more if he waited a year? Those college courses must be weighing him down.

Reaction Score
Do you know what the initial tweet said? Looks like the guy went back on it and deleted it.

Reaction Score
Do you know what the initial tweet said? Looks like the guy went back on it and deleted it.
Something like what's 10% of a salary in Turkey.

But just goes to show you people will say whatever they want until a player calls them out on it then it's like hey man it was just a joke haha love you dude #bleedblue. Glad Purvis called him out.

Reaction Score
Any UConn fan not rooting for him is an idiot. Anyone who criticizes others for rooting for him but thinking he may have made a bad decision should just worry about what they think. It's ok to think he may have been wrong, we're not the only one's. It's his chance to prove otherwise.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Any UConn fan not rooting for him is an idiot. Anyone who criticizes others for rooting for him but thinking he may have made a bad decision should just worry about what they think. It's ok to think he may have been wrong, we're not the only one's. It's his chance to prove otherwise.
I'm rooting for him. I hope he gets into the league and does very well. I just think he couldve used another year and we would've been a legit ff contender (still could be if purvis and brimah come back). Hope the kid proves everyone wrong

Reaction Score
Not sure what he's seen people say on twitter, but around here it's just been a lot of skepticism.

I'm absolutely rooting for DHam to get a spot on an NBA roster and be successful. I think the vast majority of people are. But at the same time, this just didn't seem like the best time to make the jump. And KO apparently agrees.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Has anyone said they aren't rooting for him here? I'm sure people are tweeting stupid things at Purvis and anyone else related to the team, but you would think he would know by now to ignore them.

Reaction Score
Be happy for a kid who could have made tens of millions more if he waited a year? Those college courses must be weighing him down.
Best case scenario, as of right now, is for DHAM to be drafted at the end of the 1st or in the 2nd. Things will change when the actual combine happens. Klay Thompson was considered a 2nd rounder this time of year in all the mocks. Might have been solely for the weed arrest but regardless... 2nd round projection. Combine hit, everyone projected him in the mid teens of the 1st round. These early mocks are for the most part worthless after the top 8 to 10. Yet most on here treat them like fact.
Since you think he's a year away from being a top 5 pick (really the only scenario where he's sacrificing TENS of millions of dollars) you must believe DHam will develop into a star player. If you were in his shoes what would you rather do:

1. Be drafted at the end of the 1st round, make a little more than a mil a year and be under club control for FIVE years.

2. Be a second rounder, make about a half a mil a year and be under club control for TWO years. Since you think he's a year away from being a star, Europe doesn't even enter the equation. This means you hit free agency very early. Examples: Arenas, Gilbert. Boozer, Carlos.

3. Stay in school and be broke

For me, it's be a toss up between 1 and 2. The guaranteed money in the first scenario is nice but you can hit the mother load quicker if you are a successful 2nd round pick. Either way you can't lose. I know for damn sure I or you wouldn't stay in school.

Reaction Score
FWIW nbadraft.net having him going to the Celtics for the first pick of the 2nd round wouldn't be bad. Getting coached by someone like Brad Stevens and joining a young but good team like that could be good for him. Guess we won't know much more til the combine like others have said.

Reaction Score
Probably should be a rule that players don't respond to tweets from the general public that are negative toward players. Above the fray and all that. Winston said something like you'll never get to where you are going if you stop to scold every barking dog you encounter along the way.
I'd suggest Rodney work more on driving left, finishing through contact, being court aware, rebounding, general handle, and less on having his bro's back in a meaningless twit exchange with an anonymous moron on the Internet.

Regarding DHam, why do 90% of people assume that money and ultimate success in the NBA are the only substantive considerations for Daniel?

Maybe he hated school. Maybe he doesn't see a big difference between 1 mill a year and 5 mill a year. Maybe making it big in the NBA is not his life's goal.

Or how about this one. Maybe he knows himself better than you do.

Golden rule for giving advice - Give advice only when asked, and then give it not in the form of "if I were you, I would," but rather in the form of, "to achieve your stated goals, you should . . . ."

Clients ask me all the time, "well what would you do?" I always answer with, "that's not relevant to what you should do, because my goals are not your goals, so let's talk about what your best case result for this case is, from your perspective, and then I'll tell you what I think you should do."

Reaction Score
There are UCONN "fans" and UCONN real fans. I'm proud of Rodney for sticking by his friend and teammate and calling out the so called fans. I wish Hamilton the best of luck and look forward to following his next step. Thanks to Hamilton and thanks to Rodney for being a class act.

Reaction Score
There are UCONN "fans" and UCONN real fans. I'm proud of Rodney for sticking by his friend and teammate and calling out the so called fans. I wish Hamilton the best of luck and look forward to following his next step. Thanks to Hamilton and thanks to Rodney for being a class act.

Come on, let's leave the holier-than-thou attitude about fandom out of this.

We're all UConn fans here -- we want what's best for the program. Hamilton leaving was not best for the program, and a legitimate case can be made that it wasn't best for his basketball career, hence the criticism.

Reaction Score

We're all UConn fans here -- we want what's best for the program. Hamilton leaving was not best for the program, and a legitimate case can be made that it wasn't best for his basketball career, hence the criticism.

I doubt you're going to get too much love for this comment given the reputation you've established on this board. And you shouldn't. Most of your posts are insufferable.

Reaction Score

I agree, there's a difference between disagreeing and criticizing his decision while still respecting it and hoping he fails so your criticism is proven correct. Like many others I think it was the incorrect decision for him, but I hope he succeeds wherever he ends up.

Reaction Score

You aren't wrong with any of this. Especially the holier-than-thou attitude that many possess on this board. However, in the end, it is DHam's decision to make. Regardless of how we feel, he deserves and has earned unconditional support. No matter how you look at things, he gave a lot to this program the past two years.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
It doesn't matter how personally slighted some 50-year old insurance salesman who posts on a message board feels over this. A professionally successful DHam is nothing but a good thing for the program moving forward. Drummond didn't rack up tons of individual accolades or lead us deep in the tourney, but he has made up for it and then some with his outstanding professional play that bolsters our reputation. Leave the sour grapes behind and remind yourself that successful pros beget street cred with top recruits.

Reaction Score
I doubt you're going to get too much love for this comment given the reputation you've established on this board. And you shouldn't. Most of your posts are insufferable.
Most people who post do not have the guts to tell it like they think it is. At least tens tries. This board is brutal for people who don't drink the Koolaid. Look,Dham is leaving. He is likely to get drafted at some point. He will make some money but if in the second round it will not be guaranteed. Someone responded to my last post and thought that him making a million dollars next year was better than him earning nothing in college but that is a false choice. I also feel that he is making a mistake. I do feel he could be a lottery pick next year if he improves like Rip did between his 2nd and 3rd years. Making a million dollars when there is the chance of a guarantee of tens of millions is a risk he is willing to take. Maybe, I have more faith in him than he does. Am I allowed to say he is making a mistake without being called a hater?

Reaction Score
Most people who post do not have the guts to tell it like they think it is. At least tens tries. This board is brutal for people who don't drink the Koolaid. Look,Dham is leaving. He is likely to get drafted at some point. He will make some money but if in the second round it will not be guaranteed. Someone responded to my last post and thought that him making a million dollars next year was better than him earning nothing in college but that is a false choice. I also feel that he is making a mistake. I do feel he could be a lottery pick next year if he improves like Rip did between his 2nd and 3rd years. Making a million dollars when there is the chance of a guarantee of tens of millions is a risk he is willing to take. Maybe, I have more faith in him than he does. Am I allowed to say he is making a mistake without being called a hater?
I think the only accurate part in all this is when you said Dham is leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom