Purdue | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Purdue

Reaction Score
Funny, regarding Ricky vs AI and depriest vs shaq, can we fill out our top 5 superstar shutdowns if all time? Soulamayne vs Brand?

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Our championship odds just moved to a tie with Purdue, +650 at FD

Reaction Score
I don’t see Smith defended in Purdue’s games the way we would. Who do we put on him, Newton, Castle, both?

Reaction Score
Lance Jones is the x factor for Purdue - the only player they picked up in the portal.
Dynamic athlete who can drive the ball and excellent on ball defender.

Reaction Score
Just in case anyone needs a reminder, the NCAA Tournament is dominated by guards and not 7 foot centers.

Stock falling: Data doesn't favor 7-footers as championship centerpiece

Edey is the best college basketball player in the country. He should win the National Player of the Year award for the second consecutive season in the coming weeks. The biggest question is ... can he lead Purdue to a national championship?

The data says it's rare.

The only two 7-footers to win the Naismith Award and a national championship in the same season are Ewing and UCLA's Lew Alcindor (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar). Edey would be the third if Purdue runs the table.

The next three players on the list (Dickinson, Kalkbrenner and Filipowski) all play for Final Four contenders. All three could be potential All-Americans. The data doesn't favor that, either. The last national champion with an All-American center was Duke in 2015. That year, Jahlil Okafor averaged 17.3 points and 8.5 rebounds.

Could Edey, Dickinson, Kalkbrenner, Filipowski, or even North Carolina's Armando Bacot become the next All-American center to win the championship in the same season? Time will tell.

Reaction Score
Exactly 20 years ago, both UConn and Purdue ended up ranked 3 and 4 before the NCAAs.

UConn was led by Donyell, and Purdue by Glenn Robinson.

Neither made it to final four that year.

This year, I'd give UConn a much higher chance of reaching the championship game than Purdue. But of course, you need some good luck (or lack of bad luck) for that to happen.

Reaction Score
Exactly 20 years ago, both UConn and Purdue ended up ranked 3 and 4 before the NCAAs.

UConn was led by Donyell, and Purdue by Glenn Robinson.

Neither made it to final four that year.

This year, I'd give UConn a much higher chance of reaching the championship game than Purdue. But of course, you need some good luck (or lack of bad luck) for that to happen.
It was 1994. It was 30 years ago. We're getting old.

Reaction Score
Something that has changed since Feb is our offense. Its improved a lot. If you assume DC and ZE cancel each other out and thus take them out of the equation, i think the gap between UCONN's remaining 4 and Purdue's remaining 4 has widened.

Circling back to DC and ZE, what this likely means is ZE has to really crush DC to keep Purdue in the game.

Unfortunately for Purdue another thing thats improved in that time is DC's fouls. Hes been fouling less. ZE puts a ton of pressure on you so DC can definitely relapse in that area, but im more confident DC will play his regular minutes than i was in Feb.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Something that has changed since Feb is our offense. Its improved a lot. If you assume DC and ZE cancel each other out and thus take them out of the equation, i think the gap between UCONN's remaining 4 and Purdue's remaining 4 has widened.

Circling back to DC and ZE, what this likely means is ZE has to really crush DC to keep Purdue in the game.

Unfortunately for Purdue another thing thats improved in that time is DC's fouls. Hes been fouling less. ZE puts a ton of pressure on you so DC can definitely relapse in that area, but im more confident DC will play his regular minutes than i was in Feb.
One of DC’s fouls yesterday was a phantom.

Reaction Score
If Edey plays the full 40 on Monday, he’ll have to chase Samson around when DC comes off the court. The 2 headed monster will be something Edey hasn’t seen in his entire career. I just made that up but it’s probably true.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom