Providence | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Providence

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
correct. They even appreciate the fact that we Husky fans are sticking up for them. Take a look at both pages, it's a quick 5-10 minutes read. Remember those HighLights children's magazine where they would ask you, the reader, to find a certain object in the picture? See if you can spot my post, LOL (it's very obvious).

Lol, they are obsessed with us, even in the middle of having their much beloved coach take a crap on them and move to a conference opponent.

That said, there’s some funny stuff over there, including the poster who said “even my sperm hates Georgetown.”

xclamations

Windy city
Reaction Score
Is Kim English the best available?
Love/Hate how UConn makes stars out of programs & coaches.
I did my research...
beating Gonzaga in 99' really put the zags on the map ever since.
Larranaga going to Miami,
George Mason getting into the A10,
The former Nmsu coach getting a SEC gig,
Rutgers photoshop, the entire AAC.
They love UCONN :cool:

Reaction Score
Lol, they are obsessed with us, even in the middle of having their much beloved coach take a crap on them and move to a conference opponent.

That said, there’s some funny stuff over there, including the poster who said “even my sperm hates Georgetown.”
LMFAO! I read that post first hand on that website.

Reaction Score
“National Search” must have been flying to GTown to see if Cooley would change his mind, then asking “well is there anyone else around here we can grab before we head home”
ouch. I am laughing like crazy with what you wrote, but that's cold.

Reaction Score
I did my research...
That is certainly a good way to look at it. Let's not have any coaches or programs "love us" because of this NCAAT ;)

Reaction Score
The old guard who remember Dave Gavitt want Providence to succeed. These people helped identify Ed Cooley. They are now recommending Kim English. It helps that he comes from the Rick Barnes coaching tree.

Thankfully Cooley destroyed his reputation at Providence so it should be easier for English to fill the void.

I wish you everlasting victory against Georgetown!

caw

Reaction Score
I did my research...
You forgot some dude from Iona this year got the SJU gig after being whacked in the NCAAT by UConn.

Reaction Score

If I were really petty I would dig up some of those tweets from PC fans about their program surpassing UConn with their 3 tournament wins in 12 years and a BE title won by not having to play against the top teams due to Covid cancellations. But it would appear that a higher power is punishing them for their arrogance, so I will take the high road here. At least their facilities and fan support are strong.

Reaction Score
Providence and Cooley recruited Akok and Floyd during the season last year. I‘m told they tried to recruit a current UConn player this year.

Whomp, whomp.
What a snake.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

The good news for Providence fans is that I don’t think anyone will want their coach or players going forward so they will be safe from tampering.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Cal has interviewed Amir Abdur-Rahim of Kennesaw St. Given Cal finished with a NET of 313 and has tougher academic standards, I'm only giving AAR even money to get Cal back into the tourney before Providence.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Well @FriarJ Rothstein has indicated it's pretty certain now. I'm not sure he'll be great, but getting him fast helps stop the bleeding and you need to start recruiting the portal ASAP.

Reaction Score
Yup. We finally went there.
mea culpa

i have known ed since fairfield and he chooses to keep for others in the same situation. Nonetheless, wrong is wrong. Bad is bad.

Mea culpa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog