Providence Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Providence Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
I had flashbacks from the late 80’s 1990’s …. Can we send Providence to the AAC. LOL just a frustration joke!

Reaction Score
After cutting it to 2 with the ball… Martin jacks up a contested 3… Gaffney wastes 20 seconds off the clock dribbling at the top of the key and passes it to Cole for a contested 3… and Polley misses a contested 3. This team doesn’t know how to win close games.
You forgot the Hawkins pass to Whaley 15 feet from the basket when we needed a quick score down 4 with 25 seconds left. Hawkins take the ball to the hoop or at least do a 3 point shot. We need quick points. Ugh.

Reaction Score
season 2 shot GIF by BBC
Oh Lord all the troubles I’ve seen.

Reaction Score
Offensively, we have to many players that defer to others and look afraid to make plays. The ones that have the courage to do something aren’t always good enough to bail them out.

Idk if this changes except through recruiting unfortunately

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
Shocking I know but wow that late game execution was BRUTAL. Also, subbing second half was bizarre. Yikes, Danny!
In what game has our late game execution been particularily good? Our ID is low basketball IQ plays that pile up into 5 point losses we don't have any business of losing.

-Four Missed FT in a row.
-Whaleys Travel

After those things I knew it was an L. Our best offensive option, RJ, shoots 38%/30%

And of course, the pounding the ball for 20 seconds every posession (outside of a made 3 by Polley) under 5 minutes.

There is nothing new, every game is the exact same.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Obviously the kid has skills. Unfortunately his makes are too few.
When he sits for 10 minute periods I’m not sure what Hurley expects from him. To come in hot?

Reaction Score
Offensively, we have to many players that defer to others and look afraid to make plays. The ones that have the courage to do something aren’t always good enough to bail them out.

I agree and with that. Hawkins take some shots and start creating something. Martin will get better with more game time and we will have Sanogo but we need someone else to step up for us be our Reeves from Providence.

Reaction Score
Team doesn’t do the little things. Don’t box out, miss free throws, got eaten up on the defensive hedge. Can’t shoot, and can’t/don’t attack the hoop, that’s a bad combination. Seems to me this team likes to spot up for threes and can’t grasp the fact that they can’t hit them.

Reaction Score
In what game has our late game execution been particularily good? Our ID is low basketball IQ plays that pile up into 5 point losses we don't have any business of losing.

-Four Missed FT in a row.
-Whaleys Travel

After those things I knew it was an L. Our best offensive option, RJ, shoots 38%/30%

And of course, the pounding the ball for 20 seconds every posession (outside of a made 3 by Polley) under 5 minutes.

There is nothing new, every game is the exact same.
I know…. I was being sarcastic.

Reaction Score
After cutting it to 2 with the ball with 40 seconds left in the game… Martin jacks up a contested 3… Gaffney wastes 20 seconds off the clock dribbling at the top of the key and passes it to Cole for a contested 3… and Polley misses a contested 3. This team doesn’t know how to win close games.
Yes!! This!!! That shot by Martin with enough time in shot clock to try and get a nice look was mind boggling. Then gaffney gets beat and that’s ball game.

Reaction Score
Never been more embarrassed to be a part of this university. They will never see a dime from me. Pathetic.
Hey we have been to the bottom of the Pitt before. There is a city of lights on the hill, isn’t there?.

Reaction Score
Gaffney looks like a deer in headlights at the end of close games. This is the second game he’s done that (MSU) and it’s cost us. Just completely afraid/paralyzed to do anything assertive. He can’t be in there at the end of close games period.
Yeah that was embarrassing to see from Jr. Point Guard. Inexcusable to run around in circles confused. Just call a TO if you have no idea what to do and defense is playing to deny the pass to other players.

Reaction Score

Yeah this what I was saying in the chat. whether it is passing, dribbling, or shooting they look tentative doing it late in games or when the tide turns in the middle of the games. That out of time out play by the coaching staff to get Hawkins the corner was nice, but Hawkins shot that with no confidence and you see the result- he was way off on the shot

Reaction Score
I will miss the next 2 games flying but not sure I care right now. Very frustrated with what I have seen offensively since we got back from the Bahamas. Night and day difference. Don't say it was the competition as we played 2 awful teams during this time and looked inept at times against them too.

back2BE4us

The Carpenter will carpent.
Reaction Score
Took UConn live line at +3.5 half time. They didn’t win the game and missed cover by 1. Seething anger.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom