Providence Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Providence Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
IMHO he hasn’t played well because he’s been an alpha his whole life. Now hes a role player. He’s confused
If he wanted to stay being alpha then he should have gone to East Central By Jesus Somewhere Hooterville Valley Mini University.

Reaction Score
How bad must diggins be to NOT get ANY minutes over Gaffney?
I don't think he's bad at all, I think he's a good point guard. We may never know how he'll perform in games.

Reaction Score
At this point we know what we are going to get from Gaffney and polley and it's not working. Need to play the younger players and develop them
Seriously? If you have the balls to argue they are going to make us better now, go for it. But you want them to play to develop them and don’t care if we’re doing everything we can to win games NOW? Sheesh.

Reaction Score
Our best players are transfers from Howard and URI. Great for them but says little about the team. Whaley and Polley were supposed to be 5th year icing but experience doesn't compare to talent. As for Hurley, who knows. Basketball isn't rocket science. Just run out a play once in a while which our players are capable of running. And, play the freshman!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Seriously? If you have the balls to argue they are going to make us better now, go for it. But you want them to play to develop them and don’t care if we’re doing everything we can to win games NOW? Sheesh.
I think his argument is Polley and Gaffney aren’t helping us. Bringing in Diggins and Sampson would allow them to develop so that they’re ready as the season progresses. I’m not sure what set you off about that. It’s pretty standard fan forum discussion…. and not entirely without merit in this case

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If losing a basketball game makes you embafrassed to be a part of a university, you have a problem.
We have a few posters on this form who are always talking about being embarrassed by this or that, it kind of makes me wonder how bad their life must be going to be that insecure,

Reaction Score
This may be a crazy take but might be time to put Hawk in the starting lineup so he gets comfortable out there. Our second if not first best scorer after Cole. May have to make the investment now for returns in March. Move Ajax to the 3
Not haywire at all, if you ask me.

Reaction Score
This team shows no swagger. Everyone except Cole is timid on offense. Polley doesn’t need to play anymore. Hawkins needs to get all of his minutes and Sool needs to get
Half of Gaffney’s minutes at this point. Gaffney and Polley have been consistently disappointing.

Reaction Score
I don't think he's bad at all, I think he's a good point guard. We may never know how he'll perform in games.
Exactly my point. What has Diggins done or not done to be absolutely nailed to the bench when Gaffney exhibits no bb IQ, can’t defend and can’t shoot. Furthermore he dribbles for 15 seconds before he gets them into the offense. It’s maddening.

Reaction Score
We have a few posters on this form who are always talking about being embarrassed by this or that, it kind of makes me wonder how bad their life must be going to be that insecure,
Hey if that is their problem they need to lie and claim they really went to Duke but follow UConn because they accidentally live here.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Before this game I didn't feel we were in crisis mode, but now after losing by 4 in a pick 'em game where we didn't play our best against against a tough team that's 11-1, apparently we are. smh We all hoped for a win, probably by the same margin we lost, but it wasn't a lock by any stretch. We've had impressive performances this year, and we've lost only 3 games by a grand total of 11 points. We're better than we were last year and there's still two-thirds of the season left. This team needs to look at film, practice up a bit, and get ready for Marquette on Tuesday. PS. We will see Providence again at the Dunkin' Donuts Center on January 15th.

Reaction Score
Before this game I didn't feel we were in crisis mode, but now after losing by 4 in a pick 'em game where we didn't play our best against against a tough team that's 11-1, apparently we are. smh We all hoped for a win, probably by the same margin we lost, but it wasn't a lock by any stretch. We've had impressive performances this year, and we've lost only 3 games by a grand total of 11 points. We're better than we were last year and there's still two-thirds of the season left. This team needs to look at film, practice up a bit, and get ready for Marquette on Tuesday. PS. We will see Providence again at the Dunkin' Donuts Center on January 15th.
They need to practice dunks in that case. And let’s hope our defense does not have a hole and our offense does not go too crumbs.

Reaction Score
Hurley has to give the freshman more opportunity when the seniors aren’t playing well. Makes the seniors complacent by not teaching them lesson for their mistakes. Calhoun was always quick to do this.
I have seen Calhoun bench have of the team.

Reaction Score
Cold and Whaley ( I think) missed 4 FT’s. In the last 4 minutes. Even if the team made half of those they missed this game could have looked different in the end. A long time ago in the last ice age Calhoun got so pizzerias at missed foul shots he made the team practice foul shots until they smartened up. I think it was during the Donny Marshall era.
Think about the guards we’ve been blessed with. In crunch time does Shabazz, Kemba, Khalid, Ben, Smith, Ray miss those free throws?

Reaction Score
Hawkins?
Jordan had a large nice family contingent at the game today and with Polley going 1-5 from 3 and not filling in any other sections of the boxscore it’s puzzling that Jordan doesn’t get more burn. Then Danny puts Jordan in cold with a little over 2 minutes left and that’s isn’t exactly setting a young gun up for success.
I think you make a commitment to play Jordan. Chief has great confidence, he will improve with playing time. He has by far the best shooting mechanics on the team.
Just want to say I was proud the way Jackson rebounded. That’s an ingredient we can count on just about every game. His defense also has the potential to be the best on the team. It was nice to see him make 2 threes late. Chief knows he’s been working really hard on that. True it’s almost a set shot, but you need to start somewhere.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom