Prognosticators Game 4 (South Carolina) Predictions | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 4 (South Carolina) Predictions

Reaction Score
It doesn't happen often that UConn is the underdog in a game, with this game being one of those few. Based on only a few games played thus far I'd think SC should be a 10 or more point favorite. I tried to find a betting line and didn't find one.

To win Paige, Azzi, EW and Christyn all will have to find ways to score early and often and avoid letting SC go on runs. The SC inside game should dominate so our guards and wings will have to take up the slack. I suspect this will be a high scoring game and my head says SC wins 92 - 81.

Reaction Score
Hoping guard player is the difference and that Paige leads the way. I think she will have to in a nail biter. UConn 74 SC 69.

Reaction Score
SC fan here. Don’t sell your team short! Respect your opinion, but in mine, not a chance the game ends with this wide a margin.
OP asked for score predictions, not a wish list. I think we haven’t integrated our team as much as we need it to be in March/ April. Too many lineup changes and testing.

Reaction Score
On defense, UConn guards can’t stay in front of anyone. That means SC guards have to be stopped by UConn interior players, which hasn’t happened at all. If, for some reason it does, SC guards have to have a great shooting day.
On offense, cannot count on any UConn interior player to score in double figures. N-O will throw up some feeble elbow jumpers and the others will miss point blank lay-ups. The UConn guards will have to shoot lights out and at this point, only P B has the history of doing so in a big game (with some exceptions). Aggressive D by SC guards will make all the difference.
Afraid this is SC’s to lose.
68-60 SC

Reaction Score
My heart says Uconn 60-57 but My gut says SC 75-59. Uconn is not the only team trying to erase the bad taste from last year and SC has extra incentive, they lost to us last year in a close game they were winning by a missed layup unless our bigs play big my gut feeling may come true. So glad it's not March when we'll be better prepared

Reaction Score
Our " BIGS" come up on the defensive end and the UCONN guards
refuse to go down!! UCONN 73 SOUTH CAROLINE 66
The cream shall rise again!!

Reaction Score
UConn 74 66. Why would I say that? South Carolina has always had the "big" edge but UConn is 9-1 against them. Trust the process - Geno has it figured out. I wish Aubrey could be ready to play as it would give UConn one more option. I just think the Huskies seem to always play to the level of their opponents so they should be on fire today!

Reaction Score
I don't think the team is ready yet. Good to get these tough games early in the season. I think SC wins 75 - 67. I hope I am wrong.

Reaction Score
I don't know score but I expect a close game either way. I think there's a tone of almost believing that the SC frontcourt is some version of a combination of "Griner and Charles." They are just college kids too-- not pros.
I don't even think they compliment each other. I would play them separately. Boston needs breaks. She seems to get exhausted quickly.

Reaction Score
I think we are more tired than SC but this will be a battle. I think we can stop their bigs. Can we stop the guards is the question? If Cooke is off and is still firing and Henderson plays out of control we hope. UConn 63-61

Reaction Score
My heart says Uconn 60-57 but My gut says SC 75-59. Uconn is not the only team trying to erase the bad taste from last year and SC has extra incentive, they lost to us last year in a close game they were winning by a missed layup unless our bigs play big my gut feeling may come true. So glad it's not March when we'll be better prepared
Good guess on that score.

Reaction Score
I don't even think they compliment each other. I would play them separately. Boston needs breaks. She seems to get exhausted quickly.
Boston is in much better shape this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom