Prognosticators Game 4 (South Carolina) Predictions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 4 (South Carolina) Predictions

Reaction Score
Setting the post players for each team, and their possible match-ups against each other aside for the moment:

In 5 games, South Carolina has shot 31-78 (.397) from the 3-pt. line. Connecticut by comparison through 3 games have shot 24-65 (.365). Defensively, South Carolina has held their 5 opponents to 18-71 shooting (.254) from the arc, while CT has held their 3 opponents to shoot 23-66 (.348).

Who will be better able to control perimeter scoring of their opponent?

USC: 69
CT: 61

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Based on early season play you've got to be quite the optimist to forecast a UConn victory and I'm not an optimist...........that said I find it impossible to go against Geno and Company so I'll predict a come from behind victory...... UConn 67-USC 64.......as always just win, don't get anybody hurt and get home safely..........;)

Reaction Score
If Uconn plays man to man the entire game, then I think they will fall short...67 - 62. If they mix in some zone and pressing...same score the other way. AND...Uconn has to play Dorka in this type of game. I like Dawn, but I don't believe she does well when she has to make in game adjustments (excluding halftime)...and neither do her teams.

Both teams should be happy to play this game this early in the season. It's a scout's early Christmas present. IMO...SC has a better interior defense and BIGS offensive game. UCONN...has the better mid and long range offensive game. Game will be decided on Rebounds/possessions and free throws.

Reaction Score
SC 76 UConn 62 same as Calbysdad. Thrilled to be wrong. I think we'll go toe to toe later in the season, but it just seems like the team is running on 4 cylinders to start. I really expected more from Dorka and Edwards right out of the gate. More power to Paige if she can put the team on her back again tomorrow. I thought the front court trio would have 2 double digit scorers every game and just switch off who. Chrystn and the other guards aren't going to be successful under the basket. That means we shoot lights out from 3 or we have a problem. First time I ever thought UConn should be a solid underdog.

Reaction Score
I doubt either team hits 70.

I do not know who wins. I'm more impressed with SC's performances so far but that doesn't really matter.

Reaction Score
Uconn. 72 USC 70. My head says SC. My heart says Uconn. So far it's hard to bet against Paige Bueckers. She really is special folks. And she's clearly stronger and more mature this year. I think she takes charge tomorrow and has an epic game.

Reaction Score
Paige will have to be Super Paige for UConn to have a shot. But, I think Ono will have her typical no-show in big games against talented bigs and SC will dominate the post. SC 70 to 62 win.

Reaction Score
I saw both teams play today, and I hate to say this, but here goes:

South Carolina 70
UConn. 62

Reaction Score
I doubt either team hits 70.

I do not know who wins. I'm more impressed with SC's performances so far but that doesn't really matter.
Agreed.

A little surprised so many expect this to be an SC blowout. I do not expect to ever see Paige Bueckers be blown out.

Think this one favors the Gamecocks early in the season but would not be surprised to see it go the other way. SC guards never seem to play as well against UConn although I’m not sure UConn’s defense is as vaunted as in years past.

Should be a great game and probably a preview of the single-likeliest national championship game pairing.

Best of luck to these young women tomorrow — matchups like this are great for the game!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom