Professional Wrestling 1985ish - 1992ish | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Professional Wrestling 1985ish - 1992ish

Reaction Score
If you like older wrestling, I recommend trying out the podcasts of Jim Cornette - "Jim Cornette's Drive-Thru" and the "Jim Cornette Experience." His shows are a mixture of talk about modern wrestling / current events and historic wrestling (see the descriptions of individual episodes to get an idea of what's being covered in them). Other than his 90s WWF stint, most of his direct personal experience is in southern territories and then WCW, but he and his cohost have historian-level knowledge of the history of the sport elsewhere, as well.

He's a very witty fellow as he always was, with a distinctly amusing "Get off my lawn" grouchy old fart take on things.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
My buddy Jim ran into Backlund at a fundraiser a few years back and got chicken winged
img_1_1702222370254.jpg

Reaction Score
I just watched 2 hours of Prime Time Wrestling from 1988, magical.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I haven't been to see a movie in the theater post-COVID, but thinking about catching "The Iron Claw" on Monday before I eat Chinese food.

Reaction Score
Very fun thread. When I was a kid in the late '70's, my best friend and I would try so hard to stay up until midnight on Saturday night to watch Championship Wrestling (WWWF) on WOR-TV, Channel 9. Don't think we ever made it through an entire show before falling asleep. My favorite was Ivan Putski, the Polish Hammer. A few years ago, my friend had the opportunity to travel through Malta. He kept asking folks if they knew Baron Miguel Sicluna. Nobody got the joke.

I remember attending wrestling matches at Stamford Catholic and Stamford High School. We got to see Don Muracco, Baron Von Raschke, Chief Jay Strongbow and even the Fabulous Moolah win a seven-woman over-the-top match. In later years, we moved on to Hulk Hogan and Macho Man and continued watching through the Attitude Era. I used to get a kick out of Stone Cold and the Rock. By that point, I enjoyed their work on the mic as much, if not more, than their skills in the ring.
I found this shirt online and bought it for my friend's birthday. He can wear it the next time he's in Malta.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I haven't been to see a movie in the theater post-COVID, but thinking about catching "The Iron Claw" on Monday before I eat Chinese food.
Let us know. I just read that it excludes one Von Erich brother entirely because it would have made the story even sadder.

Reaction Score
I have found some of this guy's videos to be a nice trip down memory lane.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I have found some of this guy's videos to be a nice trip down memory lane.
For the longest time I wondered why the headliner of the first WWWF card in the new Hartford Civic Center was Bruno Sammartino versus Stan Hansen. Bruno hardly wrestled by then and the champ lived in Glastonbury at the time. I finally figured it out the match was for all those Hartford fans who had to drive to New Haven or Springfield to see Bruno when he had the belt. I remember you could get tickets at the newstand across from the train station. Anyway, the promo to that match contained my favorite Vince question, "Bruno, what are you going to do if he breaks your neck again?"

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Nick Lowe & Los Straightjackets were the musical guests today on CBS Saturday Morning, playing holiday songs. If you're thinking, "what does this have to do with Pro Wresting," you really aren't in the know ;)

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Let us know. I just read that it excludes one Von Erich brother entirely because it would have made the story even sadder.
Unfortunately, Baileys & Coffee/3 Mimosa breakfast scored a decision by pinfall over my intentions to see the 12:50 pm screening of The Iron Claw. But I definitely will see it in the theater soon!

temery

What?
Reaction Score
When I was in middle school it was on around midnight on Sundays. This was before it really took off. Fake as hell but we all believed it was real.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Andy Kaufmann storyline

'And the female Springfield College student who kicked his ass. Supposedly was not staged, but I have a hard time believing it wasn't.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom