Premier League 23/24 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Premier League 23/24

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Argh...

Agreed. Zinchenko should be back soon though.

However, we aren't the only one.

Reaction Score
Lol my b
IMG_1707.jpeg

Reaction Score
Looking ahead to euro 2024, is foden - and to an extent maddison - the only quality English central playmaker at their club?

Reaction Score
Thanks, interesting about Bellingham. I'm not too familiar with his game, RM must think he's the Modric's heir.

That's the one thing England's missing. Kind of like the US but on a larger scale, they don't really have a guy who's THE guy pulling the strings at a top top club.

Pep is trying to turn Foden into an attacking central mid. We'll see

Reaction Score
Gutsy win by Arsenal today. Two years ago, that was a game the team would have blown after going down to 10-men with Tomiyasu's phantom second yellow card (reply shows that there was no contact) on the road against a tough team to beat on their home pitch. Instead, they buckled-down, did the dirty work and got the 3 points. The lads are maturing.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Agreed. Zinchenko should be back soon though.

However, we aren't the only one.

City mend their wounds by snagging Nunes from Wolves. Will send 50M€ and Tommy Doyle (loan) to Wolves. :(

Reaction Score
Thanks, interesting about Bellingham. I'm not too familiar with his game, RM must think he's the Modric's heir.

That's the one thing England's missing. Kind of like the US but on a larger scale, they don't really have a guy who's THE guy pulling the strings at a top top club.

Pep is trying to turn Foden into an attacking central mid. We'll see
Maddison to play that role innit?

Reaction Score
Crazy game between Arsenal and Man U today. Arsenal simply could not capitalize on it's better play to the end. Both teams are not happy with an Arsenal PK being waved off where there was not clear evidence that an error was made (ten Hag arguing for a card for diving is laughable) followed by a Man U breakaway goal that was waived off by VAR for offsides. The Gunners work through it to get the 3 points though.

Speaking of VAR and offsides, how on earth did the VAR official in the Man City v. Fulham overrule the on-field call of offsides on Akanji's goal. He was clearly offsides, in the 6 yard box, in front of the keeper and literally had to jump over the ball to avoid contact. That's the definition of 'interference.' Clearly, the Premiership has more to work on with VAR.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Crazy game between Arsenal and Man U today. Arsenal simply could not capitalize on it's better play to the end. Both teams are not happy with an Arsenal PK being waved off where there was not clear evidence that an error was made (ten Hag arguing for a card for diving is laughable) followed by a Man U breakaway goal that was waived off by VAR for offsides. The Gunners work through it to get the 3 points though.

Speaking of VAR and offsides, how on earth did the VAR official in the Man City v. Fulham overrule the on-field call of offsides on Akanji's goal. He was clearly offsides, in the 6 yard box, in front of the keeper and literally had to jump over the ball to avoid contact. That's the definition of 'interference.' Clearly, the Premiership has more to work on with VAR.

VAR is a consistent disgrace

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score

I recorded and watched the Arsenal-MU and half of the liverpool match and parts of Saturday games. Arsenal-MU was a fun watch. Arsenal pressure and control vs MU counters, there was a pair of phenomenal saves by the Arsenal GK before the breakaway disallowed goal, but Arsenal really controlled play throughout. I’m so annoyed with college realignment that I can’t watch anything non-UConn. I plan on recording whatever EPL games are on and watching what I can if I have free time on weekends.

Reaction Score
I recorded and watched the Arsenal-MU and half of the Liverpool match and parts of Saturday games. Arsenal-MU was a fun watch. Arsenal pressure and control vs MU counters, there was a pair of phenomenal saves by the Arsenal GK before the breakaway disallowed goal, but Arsenal really controlled play throughout. I’m so annoyed with college realignment that I can’t watch anything non-UConn. I plan on recording whatever EPL games are on and watching what I can if I have free time on weekends.
VAR is a consistent disgrace

Even ESPN agrees that the VAR in this cases was 100% wrong and also noted that Ten Hag is off his rocker.

Also, after reading the notes of the discussion between Taylor (Referee) and Gillett (VAR) regarding Havertz's overturned PK, while I don't agree, I do see their point and understand why it was overturned based on the lack of the lack of contact by Wan-Bissaka's initial contact/trip on Havertz.

Overall, Arsenal still needs more time to gel. Rice is a solid addition. But, I still have doubts about Havertz's signing along with Raya's. I think money could have been spent elsewhere, especially in back after Timber's injury plus Patey's continuous fitness concerns.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My two favorites are 2nd place and Chelsea is an embarrassment of major proportions. Can't ask for much more from the start of a season!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It appears Liverpool is good again. Good, I need something until UConn BB season starts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom