Premier League 23/24 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Premier League 23/24

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It appears Liverpool is good again. Good, I need something until UConn BB season starts.
Turned over their midfield, which was getting old. They have plenty of attacking options. Yea, they should be good this year.

Reaction Score
Newcastle puts up a TD and a 2 point conversion on Sheffield.

Wolves were screwed by a bad call and a mindboggling VAR decision again.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Don’t even know what to say about this Liverpool-Spurs game. I was shouting all match, as a Liverpool fan what a shame. So many poor decisions, but the offside is unforgivable, simply put, it is incompetence to the highest degree.
I thought the first red card was awful, but the halftime guys seemed to agree with the call. I also thought Diaz was onside.

Reaction Score
I thought the first red card was awful, but the halftime guys seemed to agree with the call. I also thought Diaz was onside.
The halftime guys somewhat did, but even United fans and players said it was very harsh. No malicious intent and just unfortunate about slipping over the ball. And the ref only saw the still imagine which is a huge VAR mistake in itself. Just terrible.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yea, not sure about the red card. Probably orange. A bad yellow or a light red. It looked bad in the still photo, not as bad in real time.

There seem to be about as many missed calls with VAR as without. (probably not true, but it seems like it) Not sure it's really helpful.

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
Yea, not sure about the red card. Probably orange. A bad yellow or a light red. It looked bad in the still photo, not as bad in real time.

There seem to be about as many missed calls with VAR as without. (probably not true, but it seems like it) Not sure it's really helpful.
If you look at the still photo it looks horrible. When you watch on slo-mo you see he had the ball and his foot rolled over the ball. Not an over the top tackle and no malicious intent. It happens when you play with a round object.

Reaction Score
If you look at the still photo it looks horrible. When you watch on slo-mo you see he had the ball and his foot rolled over the ball. Not an over the top tackle and no malicious intent. It happens when you play with a round object.

As a Spurs fan, the offside call was just blown. Absolute incompetence. Having said that, the way games are called nowadays the Curtis Jones foul was a red card. I understand the arguments why it shouldn't have been, and they are perfectly rational, but the way the game is called that was a red.

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
As a Spurs fan, the offside call was just blown. Absolute incompetence. Having said that, the way games are called nowadays the Curtis Jones foul was a red card. I understand the arguments why it shouldn't have been, and they are perfectly rational, but the way the game is called that was a red.
That's fair. I do wonder if the ref would have given him the red had he looked at more than just a still frame. We'll never know.

Reaction Score
Wolves score two in stoppage time to beat a banged up Spurs side. They took 8 points from City, Spurs Villa and Newcastle, but could manage only 1 from Palace, Luton and Sheffield. Team is maddening. Pablo Sarabia’s goal at 90+1 was a beauty.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Doesn't this International break seem especially useless?
No not really. Euro Qualifying. And for the US, Copa qualifying.

Reaction Score
IMG_2933.gif

Reaction Score
Looks like Spurs doing a Spurs again
It will be City/Arsenal/Liverpool rounding up the top 3. 4th spot is between United and Newcastle

Reaction Score
Spurs are working with a new manager and half their team is hurt or suspended. I think they'll be fine

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom