Prediction: Uconn 87 UCLA 56 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Prediction: Uconn 87 UCLA 56

Reaction Score
No chance. UCONN has to travel 3000 miles to play the #4 team on their home court, without KLS, on one days rest (a traveling day). No way, no how. Baby bears pretty easily. 82-69.
warding off all that bad karma, huh? or maybe serious? UConn often has trouble with this type of point guard, and the conditions are pretty tough....

Reaction Score
Per Jordan Canada: “This is going to help us later on when we get to February..., so games like this are what are going to help us.” We have heard this kind of talk before. Sounds similar to what other teams say when they really don’t anticipate they will win.

Reaction Score
This may be the toughest game they have this year. I think they will pull it off, but it won't be easy. Both teams have speed and offensive efficiency but I think the Huskies will get enough defensive "stops" to with the game. I see a pretty high scoring affair with UConn winning 93 - 87.

Hope they make their foul shots as that could be the difference tonight.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Per Jordan Canada: “This is going to help us later on when we get to February..., so games like this are what are going to help us.” We have heard this kind of talk before. Sounds similar to what other teams say when they really don’t anticipate they will win.

I agree. Once in a while, it would be refreshing to hear an opponent think they can win. Especially a potential AA on her home court against a team which is not at full strength.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Missing an All American isn't great, but we have a deep team this year / Z, MW, Mikayla and an improved Crystal Dangerfield more than make up for Lou's absence - going to go with a 21 point win 88-67.

Reaction Score
warding off all that bad karma, huh? or maybe serious? UConn often has trouble with this type of point guard, and the conditions are pretty tough....
Have we not learned yet? We still allow those little doubts to creep in? This team is so much better, focused, confident and determined than last year. They will NOT let any team beat them, they will not let any team play close enough to win on a single play or shot. It would be a shock if it is less than a 15 Point spread.

Reaction Score
No chance. UCONN has to travel 3000 miles to play the #4 team on their home court, without KLS, on one days rest (a traveling day). No way, no how. Baby bears pretty easily. 82-69.

Baby Bears easy? When was the last time uconn lost and the other team made it look easy?? Tell me I'm mis reading this?

Reaction Score
Baby Bears easy? When was the last time uconn lost and the other team made it look easy?? Tell me I'm mis reading this?
Miss St did last year at least early on when they were blowing UConn out.

Reaction Score
UCONN 81
UCLA. 65

This game was a "concern" when schedule published...and being without Lou was a "concern" too. But not so much any more. After watching games this far, I have much less concern. UCLA may be 2nd best team in the country... but they are playing the 1st best tonight.
I am not so concerned about the flight as some are. I understand they flew out Sunday evening to LA so they had opp for rest after arriving, and prob late wake up Monday am. A practice Monday after noon/evening, and late wake up Tuesday. Our Coaches and staff are going to manage the team the right way and they will be ready to play tonight.

Won't be a blow out, and starters will play more of the game tonight, but I believe in Geno and our Huskies!!

Go Huskies!!!!!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I stand by my prediction.

my-name-is-earl-jaso.jpg

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

I hate when some people don't recognize a score prediction that is clearly intended and necessary to appease the Mojo gods.

Reaction Score
Everyone seems to think Jordin Canada is the 2nd coming of Moriah Jefferson and Monique Billings is Gabby's equal in athleticism. I saw UCLA play at ASU last year. ASU was a lot better last year than they are this year, and they played UCLA a close, low-scoring game, losing by 3 points. Canada was quick, but she's small and light and got pushed around a lot, spent a lot of time dragging herself up off the floor. May be a good matchup for Crystal though. Billings was a good player, and she has height, but she ain't no Gabby by a long shot. As a team UCLA just didn't have the speed and motion of UConn.

Geno will have a plan to take Billings out of the game, we'll live with an 'OK-to- good' performance from Canada, and UCLA will have to pick their poison. UConn with too much poison, 88-72.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom