Post Walker decision | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Post Walker decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
My opinion from Sept 22 has not changed, and I'll repeat myself:

Unlike many posters I think I've a different feeling about the entire recruiting process of Ms. Walker. She's a fine talent and indeed may become the #1 AA at the 2 or 3 in WCBB. Her game is a nice combination of silk and excitement, of team and take over, that would play well in any program. And yes, I'm a greedy little piglet that wants them ALL to play at Storrs. But if she chooses to go elsewhere, hey, I'll still root for her to have a great career. As I still root for all the others (re: Ms. Delle Donne) that passed on a career with Geno and The Husky's. The UConn is still going to win championships without her. I believe if she chooses to go to Texas or ND she'll will be crushed while losing to The UConn in the E8 or the finals as so many others (do you hear that Ms, Durr, Ms. Cox , Ms. Wilson and all those many others from years past?).

Now, will she ever regret choosing elsewhere? Perhaps. But frankly, that's relevant only to her, her family, and the team that lobbied so hard to have her attend. It would be irrelevant to the rest of the basketball world and certainly irrelevant in the land of Storrs as The UConn competes for another championship. As long as Geno is in Storrs The UConn will continue to be the most relevant team in WCBB. Geno will continue to produce the most game ready, hardest working players in all of BB and the most professional ready players in all of BB. Oh yeah, and his teams will still play the prettiest ball in all of BB.

So if she signs on to this, great. It'll be all sunshine, roses and rainbows. If not, it'll still be The UConn. I'll take that.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
My opinion from Sept 22 has not changed, and I'll repeat myself:

Unlike many posters I think I've a different feeling about the entire recruiting process of Ms. Walker. She's a fine talent and indeed may become the #1 AA at the 2 or 3 in WCBB. Her game is a nice combination of silk and excitement, of team and take over, that would play well in any program. And yes, I'm a greedy little piglet that wants them ALL to play at Storrs. But if she chooses to go elsewhere, hey, I'll still root for her to have a great career. As I still root for all the others (re: Ms. Delle Donne) that passed on a career with Geno and The Husky's. The UConn is still going to win championships without her. I believe if she chooses to go to Texas or ND she'll will be crushed while losing to The UConn in the E8 or the finals as so many others (do you hear that Ms, Durr, Ms. Cox , Ms. Wilson and all those many others from years past?).

Now, will she ever regret choosing elsewhere? Perhaps. But frankly, that's relevant only to her, her family, and the team that lobbied so hard to have her attend. It would be irrelevant to the rest of the basketball world and certainly irrelevant in the land of Storrs as The UConn competes for another championship. As long as Geno is in Storrs The UConn will continue to be the most relevant team in WCBB. Geno will continue to produce the most game ready, hardest working players in all of BB and the most professional ready players in all of BB. Oh yeah, and his teams will still play the prettiest ball in all of BB.

So if she signs on to this, great. It'll be all sunshine, roses and rainbows. If not, it'll still be The UConn. I'll take that.

Nicely written JordyG. Pour me a glass of whatever it is you're drinking. I'm pretty much done too with the MW dog & pony show. UConn will win games and continue to be successful no matter where she chooses to go. I'd love for her to verbal to UConn, but at this point, I'm OK with where ever she chooses to go. I'm concentrating on the players we do have, not those out the outside looking in. Go Huskies.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Nicely written JordyG. Pour me a glass of whatever it is you're drinking. I'm pretty much done too with the MW dog & pony show. UConn will win games and continue to be successful no matter where she chooses to go. I'd love for her to verbal to UConn, but at this point, I'm OK with where ever she chooses to go. I'm concentrating on the players we do have, not those out the outside looking in. Go Huskies.
Looka my avatar. It's coffee man. And water. Lots. My doctor says pour on the agua and I'm cultivating gills. Go Huskies.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
A new question regarding Ms. Walker.

What is the liklihood that Geno has grown tired of this "adventure," enough to have pulled the offer?

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
It AIN"T OVER until the FAT LADY SINGS!! I guess it isn't over yet! But the hoopla can be her on the Boneyard--
Maybe she hasn't found the fat lady yet.

Reaction Score

What is the liklihood that Geno has grown tired of this "adventure," enough to have pulled the offer?

I don't think UConn is recruiting any other 2017 players so I doubt her dithering has an impact on the team as it stands right now...............I'm sure that recruiting 2018 -2020 players continues unabated..........

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Geno likes kids who are sold on UConn. I think he's probably a little frustrated, but not to the point of pulling the offer (as he did with Xylina McDaniel). On the other hand, if Christyn Williams and Charli Collier were to commit in the next week ....

Reaction Score
Why does everyone assume that Auriemma doesn't know if she's coming or not? If he knows, what's the rush to announce it? She can't sign a LOI until Nov.9th at the earliest. That's why it's called the EARLY signing period. If she has verballed to him privately it wouldn't be the first silent commitment ever given. They are given very often. She may have personal reasons for not announcing it yet.

Reaction Score
Craziness. Recruitment is half the fun of being a fan. Like the draft in the NBA or NFL, whole programs are changed, destinies revised and jobs won/lost by recruitment. Megan Walker is a prodigy. The program will undoubtedly survive without her; but we, the fans who watch every game and live and die every March.. should want this wonderful kid here. While her attendance would be great for her... it would be incredible for fans. I never get enough of the emerging talent in D1 WBB. But, I'm selfish enough to hope we get the best of it. Go Huskies !!

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score

I would expect an adult to have patience with a child making a life-altering decision. Wouldn't you?

Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but another sign that we have moved on: the Horde has NOT called her to ask what her plans are. Usually they contact recruits during the process, often times to gauge their interest in us. Have not read a Megan story in some time. Agree?

Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but another sign that we have moved on: the Horde has NOT called her to ask what her plans are. Usually they contact recruits during the process, often times to gauge their interest in us. Have not read a Megan story in some time. Agree?
I think they're just letting the selection process complete its course. As Carl Adamec said in his last story 2 or 3 weeks back, we'll probably hear of her selection per twitter.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In my best Sigmund Freud voice:

So I zee zat you are haffing more and more of zeez Megan Valker dreams, no? Zis must be vetty upsetting. Personally, I sink zat maybe she is a Notre Dame lean, but zat is only my opinion. I sink zat maybe you shoult stay off zee Boneyard for avile. But anyvay, I see zat ve are running out of time.
More like:
You zee your dreams are zymbolick. Megan Valker is not Megan Valker, yes? She is a powerful voman with who you feel may abandon you, no? Zo, tell me, vy do you hate your mother?

JordyG

Reaction Score
More like:
You zee your dreams are zymbolick. Megan Valker is not Megan Valker, yes? She is a powerful voman with who you feel may abandon you, no? Zo, tell me, vy do you hate your mother?
Doc, your cigar smoke is killin' me. I had a dream where a giant cigar was being ridden by MW, chasing me down the street while being egged on by Karen Aston. Does that mean anything?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Doc, your cigar smoke is killin' me. I had a dream where a giant cigar was being ridden by MW, chasing me down the street while being egged on by Karen Aston. Does that mean anything?
Ya. It means that it is time that you put me on retainer.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Why does everyone assume that Auriemma doesn't know if she's coming or not? If he knows, what's the rush to announce it? She can't sign a LOI until Nov.9th at the earliest. That's why it's called the EARLY signing period. If she has verballed to him privately it wouldn't be the first silent commitment ever given. They are given very often. She may have personal reasons for not announcing it yet.

Geez, dude! Will 'ya put a sock in it? How dare you inject such rational thought into this thread! Pretty soon, others will start thinking before they post. But I won't. I live in my own reality, and my opinions are facts.

Reaction Score
Geez, dude! Will 'ya put a sock in it? How dare you inject such rational thought into this thread! Pretty soon, others will start thinking before they post. But I won't. I live in my own reality, and my opinions are facts.
Sorry.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman