Post-Spring 2 Deep | The Boneyard

Post-Spring 2 Deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would surmise that it boils down generally to spring game starters on white vs. starters on blue (ex-Tre Bell). I don't think that game in and of itself moved anyone up/down the depth chart.

For me, I don't need to see a depth chart before mid-August. Between now and then, returning kids will need to successfully complete a semester of school, complete a few summer courses, workout, and re-enroll, while the true frosh will need to enroll, take a few courses and start working out. A lot can happen between now and mid-August.

And, for the record, I'd be shocked if a true frosh (or 2 or 3) doesn't end up on 2-deep for Maine.

Reaction Score
Just for fun:

LT - Peart/Levy
LG - Vechery/Hopkins
C - Crozier/Oak
RG - Levy/Rutherford
RT - Knappe/Hashemi
TE - Myers/Williams
QB - Shireffs/Anderson
RB - Newsome/Johnson
WR - Thomas/Battle
WR - Beals/McLean
WR - Mayala/Lamelle

DL - Myers/Blackwell
DL - Fatukasi/Murphy
DL - Ormsby/Okounam
LB - Carrezola/Britton
LB - Levenberry/Walsh
LB - Joseph/Diggs
LB - Stapleton/Stephens
CB - Summers/Hadley
CB - Williams/Green
S - Obi/Terry
S - McAllister/Watkins

Reaction Score
Just for fun:

LT - Peart/Levy
LG - Vechery/Hopkins
C - Crozier/Oak
RG - Levy/Rutherford
RT - Knappe/Hashemi
TE - Myers/Williams
QB - Shireffs/Anderson
RB - Newsome/Johnson
WR - Thomas/Battle
WR - Beals/McLean
WR - Mayala/Lamelle

DL - Myers/Blackwell
DL - Fatukasi/Murphy
DL - Ormsby/Okounam
LB - Carrezola/Britton
LB - Levenberry/Walsh
LB - Joseph/Diggs
LB - Stapleton/Stephens
CB - Summers/Hadley
CB - Williams/Green
S - Obi/Terry
S - McAllister/Watkins
You need to reverse Hopkins and Vechery Jimmy. Hopkins worked with the 1's all spring and during the Blue/White game. The 1's for the OL after the spring game should read LT: Peart; LG: Hopkins; C: Crozier; RG: Levy; LT: Knappe. Walsh over Levenberry at LB too.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
If a true frosh was going to make the 2-deep, safety is the easiest path. The beset other opportunities are WR and then RB.

Reaction Score
Hopkins will start. So will Walsh.
Nos one thing you can say about Diaco...if you make the 2 deep in the front 7 of his defense you are going to all get about the same amount of snaps by the end of the year. Those guys are like and/or than 1/2.

Reaction Score
No way diggs moves inside

Safety with Hahn is something I posted earlier.

Reaction Score
You need to reverse Hopkins and Vechery Jimmy. Hopkins worked with the 1's all spring and during the Blue/White game. The 1's for the OL after the spring game should read LT: Peart; LG: Hopkins; C: Crozier; RG: Levy; LT: Knappe. Walsh over Levenberry at LB too.

Didn't note Hopkins with the ones. Like you said, Walsh/Levenberry or Levenberry/Walsh matters next to nothing. Both will play a significant amount of snaps. We've got crazy depth at LB with guys who have played a lot. Throw Britton into the mix and you've got 9 guys at LB who will likely see the field.

Reaction Score
Just for fun:

LT - Peart/Levy
LG - Vechery/Hopkins
C - Crozier/Oak
RG - Levy/Rutherford
RT - Knappe/Hashemi
TE - Myers/Williams
QB - Shireffs/Anderson
RB - Newsome/Johnson
WR - Thomas/Battle
WR - Beals/McLean
WR - Mayala/Lamelle

DL - Myers/Blackwell
DL - Fatukasi/Murphy
DL - Ormsby/Okounam
LB - Carrezola/Britton
LB - Levenberry/Walsh
LB - Joseph/Diggs
LB - Stapleton/Stephens
CB - Summers/Hadley
CB - Williams/Green
S - Obi/Terry
S - McAllister/Watkins

I like your 2 deep. Seems like it'll be pretty spot on. How do you see Alec Bloom fitting in with the TE?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I
I like your 2 deep. Seems like it'll be pretty spot on. How do you see Alec Bloom fitting in with the TE?
It would not surprise me to see Bloom redshirt this season. As we are finally building some depth, there are a few kids who may redshirt if they don't crack the starting lineup, Rutherford in particular.

Reaction Score
I
It would not surprise me to see Bloom redshirt this season. As we are finally building some depth, there are a few kids who may redshirt if they don't crack the starting lineup, Rutherford in particular.

Did Bloom not redshirt his freshman year? From what I've noticed (in my not even close to expert eyes) he's show a couple flashes, but needs to work on some things. To me he looked like he could be what Aaron Hernandez was on the field (not the murderer outside of football). A big guy that could run routes as like a receiver. So maybe Jimmy Graham was a better example.

Reaction Score
I

It would be a great sign of we could redshirt Bloom, Rutherford, Hashemi, and Tarbutt.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
It would be a great sign of we could redshirt Bloom, Rutherford, Hashemi, and Tarbutt.

Bloom redshirting is probably contingent upon whether Jay Rose is ahead of him on the depth chart, right? Myers, Williams, and then either Bloom or Rose.

Reaction Score
Bloom redshirting is probably contingent upon whether Jay Rose is ahead of him on the depth chart, right? Myers, Williams, and then either Bloom or Rose.
I thought Rose was going to play the hybrid TE position like Williams..and Meyers/Bloom were going to play the traditional TE spot.

Reaction Score
Was looking over the two deep again and I really like what I see. There's a lot of talent there that will only get better in the summer. As I've said, there are no games on our schedule we can't win. That doesn't mean we'll win them all but none seem to require a Hail Mary effort to be victorious. That wasn't true the last few years. Hopefully with some momentum and street/media buzz about our revitalized downfield passing game, we can re-kindle an excitement on gameday and re-fill the Rent. I'm also hoping we can have an offensive breakout star or two that makes some TV highlight reels---maybe #5, #3, #80, #22, #4. We need to catch a break this year and make a football statement for ...you know who for.
(Sorry Art, but Palatine already burned his redshirt.)

Reaction Score
I doubt they would red shirt a player with significant prior playing time that's a tough sell for any coach, because from the player's perspective if you are going to sit out anyway why not just transfer

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Was looking over the two deep again and I really like what I see. There's a lot of talent there that will only get better in the summer. As I've said, there are no games on our schedule we can't win. That doesn't mean we'll win them all but none seem to require a Hail Mary effort to be victorious. That wasn't true the last few years. Hopefully with some momentum and street/media buzz about our revitalized downfield passing game, we can re-kindle an excitement on gameday and re-fill the Rent. I'm also hoping we can have an offensive breakout star or two that makes some TV highlight reels---maybe #5, #3, #80, #22, #4. We need to catch a break this year and make a football statement for ...you know who for.
(Sorry Art, but Palatine already burned his redshirt.)
This team goes into the season with the confidence from beating the best team on this year's schedule (last year), a team that ended in the top 10 and will be a top 15 this year. To your point, we can win any game and I think the kids are really going to believe it. It would be so cool to have the Rent sold out, buzzing again. It's been a long time.

Reaction Score
Just for fun:

LT - Peart/Levy
LG - Vechery/Hopkins
C - Crozier/Oak
RG - Levy/Rutherford
RT - Knappe/Hashemi
TE - Myers/Williams
QB - Shireffs/Anderson
RB - Newsome/Johnson
WR - Thomas/Battle
WR - Beals/McLean