Post Game thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Post Game thread

Reaction Score
He's been doing that all year. At some point, you guys will realize he is trying to figure out the roster more than he's trying to get a surprise NCAA bid.

Didn’t say anything about a NCAA bid, so not sure what you’re talking about. Pulling a guy when he makes a mistake over and over again is called coaching.

Hurley sees these guys play in practice every day. He knows exactly what he has and it’s why he’s hitting the recruiting trail so hard.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Brian Gregory cut his teeth with Tom Izzo. Izzo's teams always have a minimum of 4 guys 6' 8" or taller and at least 240lbs. They beat the stuffing out of you. That's what happened tonight. I was happy toward the end of the game when Gregory kept his guys at half court during their free throws. I couldn't bear to watch us give up another O board off a missed free throw. Also, why are we in Rideau's jock 25 feet from the bucket. He can't shoot yet we pressure him and he blows by repeatedly. Also, couldn't they figure out he's right hand dominant and shade him the other way?

Reaction Score
Someone needs to get our nutrition and training in check. Our guys are wimps, weak, soft. Get in the gym. Military press, deadlift, incline bench. Get that grip strengh strong and that over the head strength strong. Our guys are like 6'9 170 pounds. What the hell is that crap?

Reaction Score
Lackadaisical, if you prefer. Calhoun might say they lack intensity. They are not crisp. They need a heart transplant.

Watch the lazy passes. The failure to box out. No hard screens. Constantly beaten to the rim.

Riddle me this Batman. Who on this team would you describe as "tough?" Or mentally tough?
Vital

Reaction Score
I said one of, meaning there is another and Well CV was on the court.Claiming a walk on was the answer is comical and unhonest so I wont really address that. But thanks for proving my point.

1 rebound in 3 games. You don't think a walk-on could do better than that? Thats comical. Proving what point? Your point was stupid.

Reaction Score
Hurley with his high fives, cheerleading and pre game candy canes comes across like that parent who wants to be their kids best friend. Kind of like Ollie did.

Don’t know what you’re talking about but not comparing him to KO. Just said I think he had a poor game coaching, just like the players had a poor game playing.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
What is comical is believing that USF has more talented guards and over all players than UConn.
They may not be more talented, but they're tougher and want to win more.

Reaction Score
Adjust to what...??? The dude is no miracle worker, this is the same team from last year, even with the additions.. this team reflects bad habits from prior coaching staff and the lack of a big man or two is the Achilles heal of this team. You thought this was bad, wait until Cincy, UCF, etc..
We are fearing ucf and Cincinnati !!!!!!

Reaction Score
USF is entirely made up of transfers. I think they had like 1 player who didn’t transfer in or red shirt last year. This is flat out embarrassing. We have a veteran team, albeit a veteran team that has never won but a veteran team none the less.

That’s the way they built their team to get better quickly. If it works for them, good for them. Not sure that is the best way for the long haul.

Reaction Score
What is comical is believing that USF has more talented guards and over all players than UConn.
Who said they have more talented guards? Theyre frontcourt is better. Theyre "leader" riddeau is a better leader than ours(Jalen). What did i say that was wrong?? I'll wait all night

Reaction Score
Scoreboard.

They won sure, full credit to them. But absolutely that does not in any way mean they have more talent. That's like saying severe underdogs that have a one off win against a big boy have more talent.

Reaction Score
1 rebound in 3 games. You don't think a walk-on could do better than that? Thats comical. Proving what point? Your point was stupid.
Name the walk-on that was a better option than Polley tonight? If you wanna die on this hill go ahead lmfaoo

Reaction Score
They won sure, full credit to them. But absolutely that does not in any way mean they have more talent. That's like saying severe underdogs that have a one off win against a big boy have more talent.
Except we aren't a big boy right now lol. Our talent level is much closer to USF's than you'd like to acknowledge

Reaction Score
As for who on this team is tough or mentally tough? Maybe AG and maybe vital (but not mentally). Vital gives u 100 but ......that’s it. No one else. Maybe Sid will be one day. Everyone else is soft as f@&$!!!

Reaction Score
Here is not a good roster. 247 rank in parenthesis with other schools considered. It's ok to say that Hurley isn't doing a great job with Xs and Os but he's still clearly the right man for the job - not mutually exclusive.

David Collins (212) - Cincy, Drexel, Duquense, Long Island
Laquincy Rideau (NR) - Began career at Gardner Webb
Alexis Yetna (325) - Cincy, Charlotte, Drexel, Duquesne
Justin Brown (NR) - Unclear who else was recruiting him

You can't judge a roster by recruiting rankings. That USF is a more complete team than we are.

We have good players. However, we don't have a full team. We have a bunch of the same players and lack scorers, big men and leaders.

You can go and find the best X's and O's coach in country and you would still get the same result out of this team. Hurley isn't known to be an X's and O's coach. It is what it is.

Reaction Score
Who said they have more talented guards? Theyre frontcourt is better. Theyre "leader" riddeau is a better leader than ours(Jalen). What did i say that was wrong?? I'll wait all night

Then I took it wrong. Can't argue with the leadership. I just believe that Hurley is not getting through to these players, who are talented. Its a flaw with coaching. Maybe it will all change when he has his full roster ... but coaching is making the most out of players and I don't think he is getting the most out of these players. Some players are even regressing.

Reaction Score
You s
Because they are the same marginal players. You can't coach a player(s) past their capabilities
You should watch Hoosiers or rocky or the mighty ducks or the bad news bears or little giants or miracle or vision quest or gymkata(totally rocks)

Reaction Score
How dare you
Hurley with his high fives, cheerleading and pre game candy canes comes across like that parent who wants to be their kids best friend. Kind of like Ollie did.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom