Post Game thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Post Game thread

Reaction Score
Then I took it wrong. Can't argue with the leadership. I just believe that Hurley is not getting through to these players, who are talented. Its a flaw with coaching. Maybe it will all change when he has his full roster ... but coaching is making the most out of players and I don't think he is getting the most out of these players. Some players are even regressing.
The only player regressing imo is Jalen. CV has been MUCH better as has Polley. Rique and Sid didn't really play for KO so who knows with them. I don't disagree that Hurley isn't getting through to SOME of these guys, but i disagree that it says ANYTHING about Hurley. He's already proven he knows how to win with less, adn recruit the right guys, and build winning cultures. He's done it multiple times already. It's the players who have been perrenial losers. Hurley has no floor leader and no competent big. Those two things arent his fault. Hurley willed this team to victories early on thinking Jalen at some point would take over that role. He hasn't. And that is the biggest issue. Our best player isn't really all that good or invested in winning.

Reaction Score
Not giving g Hurley a pass and not calling for his head But he has a healthy AG. And far more depth with Sid , TS and B Adams. We will see how the season plays out, but our final record may not be better than lasts years .

Reaction Score
He is supposed to be our leader and our superstar. When your leader and your superstar plays like that, it trickles down and spreads like a cancer.
When he was doing well the first 10 plus min, who else was doing well????? One person can't do it all. Vital and Gilbert at times, all we got. Cant get through games with our guards leading in rebounds every game.

Reaction Score
And put in who? Larry Bird isn’t coming off that bench!

Anybody that can get more than 1 rebound in 3 games. Cobb had 7 in 12 minutes and sat the last 10 mins while polley didn't do shat. This is not rocket science. If you can't shoot, at the 4 you better rebound. If you can't rebound than you better be benched.

Reaction Score
Not giving g Hurley a pass and not calling for his head But he has a healthy AG. And far more depth with Sid , TS and B Adams. We will see how the season plays out, but our final record may not be better than lasts years .
I believe it will be. If it isn't than you have a valid concern. But let's wait and see

Reaction Score
Anybody that can get more than 1 rebound in 3 games. Cobb had 7 in 12 minutes and sat the last 10 mins while polley didn't do shat. This is not rocket science. If you can't shoot, at the 4 you better rebound. If you can't rebound than you better be benched.
So put Cobb at the wing? Got it. And who besides CV spaces the floor again?

Reaction Score
The only player regressing imo is Jalen. CV has been MUCH better as has Polley. Rique and Sid didn't really play for KO so who knows with them. I don't disagree that Hurley isn't getting through to SOME of these guys, but i disagree that it says ANYTHING about Hurley. He's already proven he knows how to win with less, adn recruit the right guys, and build winning cultures. He's done it multiple times already. It's the players who have been perrenial losers. Hurley has no floor leader and no competent big. Those two things arent his fault. Hurley willed this team to victories early on thinking Jalen at some point would take over that role. He hasn't. And that is the biggest issue. Our best player isn't really all that good or invested in winning.
I agree with about 15% of what you wrote! Smh at rest

Reaction Score
Don’t disagree..I’d start Cobb all day over mr softy Carlton

Reaction Score
Then I took it wrong. Can't argue with the leadership. I just believe that Hurley is not getting through to these players, who are talented. Its a flaw with coaching. Maybe it will all change when he has his full roster ... but coaching is making the most out of players and I don't think he is getting the most out of these players. Some players are even regressing.

We get very little out of the front court guys. Cobb has rebounded in a couple games v the. P5 teams & scored; tonight showed how little defense he plays; we get little out of Carlton. Maybe Yawke would have provided something tonight. That being said, I think Huurley is in a bit of a bind - he doesn’t have the players to play how he wants to play for an entire game. If he compromises his system, it takes longer to get it in.

Reaction Score
So put Cobb at the wing? Got it. And who besides CV spaces the floor again?

What the hell are you talking about???? The 4 is not the wing!!!!! Emeka is not playing, we need more than one guy hitting the boards. You're a certified moron.

Reaction Score
= we never landed on the moon.

You do realize basketball is more than just offense right?
We were talking about player improving from last year. Polley has improved from last yr. You're a troll

Reaction Score
Someone needs to do an exorcism on the new basketball training facility. Practicing there is not working. We turned into a rabble tonight. No offensive toughness and scatterbrained defense. A bunch of individuals not a team.

Reaction Score
What the hell are you talking about???? The 4 is not the wing!!!!! Emeka is not playing, we need more than one guy hitting the boards. You're a certified moron.
In todays games the 4 plays the majority of offensive possessions on the wings. Watch more basketball, you sound dated

Reaction Score
We were talking about player improving from last year. Polley has improved from last yr. You're a troll

I'm not a troll, I'm just not used to arguing with someone as clueless as you.

Reaction Score
In todays games the 4 plays the majority of offensive possessions on the wings. Watch more basketball, you sound dated

And thats the type of mentality that gets you out-rebounded 47 - 32 to a terrible team. Learn about defense and rebounding.

Reaction Score
You can't judge a roster by recruiting rankings. That USF is a more complete team than we are.

We have good players. However, we don't have a full team. We have a bunch of the same players and lack scorers, big men and leaders.

You can go and find the best X's and O's coach in country and you would still get the same result out of this team. Hurley isn't known to be an X's and O's coach. It is what it is.
I hear what you’re saying and agree that recruiting is imperfect once you get outside the top 20, so I wouldn’t argue if we were comparing UConn and say Houston. But there is a chasm in raw talent between our guys and USF’s guys so if you’re right that they are a more complete team, it has to be the coaching.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
The fact that these are probably grown men posting some of these comments and replies is mind-boggling to think about.

Reaction Score
I hear what you’re saying and agree that recruiting is imperfect once you get outside the top 20, so I wouldn’t argue if we were comparing UConn and say Houston. But there is a chasm in raw talent between our guys and USF’s guys so if you’re right that they are a more complete team, it has to be the coaching.
Or recruiting, which you know hasn;t really gone into effect for Hurley yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom