Post Game thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Post Game thread

Reaction Score
Vital, maybe Gilbert. That’s about it right now. They all usually play hard though. But tonight USF played much harder than uconn. But you are 100% correct about how a lot of our guys play: inexplicable turnovers, not boxing out, not being crisp, we have guys that seem to fall down or lose their footing way too often

Reaction Score
We couldn't secure a defensive rebound without a game of volleyball first. We missed WIDE open layups. We have NO heart. That is not coaching, thats culture, and it takes more than 6 months to fix a broken culture. Especially when the players from said broken culture are ALL still there

Reaction Score
We have too many stupid fouls near the half court line. AG ran a guy over tonight, just ran him over while he was dribbling.

Reaction Score
I miss JC's quick hook too, but with about 10 minutes left in the half, he had 5 guys with 3 fouls. Not much wiggle room on who to play.

Well, JC had talented guys on the bench, too. Hurley doesn't.

Reaction Score
Hard to get out coached when you don’t have a good roster
Here is not a good roster. 247 rank in parenthesis with other schools considered. It's ok to say that Hurley isn't doing a great job with Xs and Os but he's still clearly the right man for the job - not mutually exclusive.

David Collins (212) - Cincy, Drexel, Duquense, Long Island
Laquincy Rideau (NR) - Began career at Gardner Webb
Alexis Yetna (325) - Cincy, Charlotte, Drexel, Duquesne
Justin Brown (NR) - Unclear who else was recruiting him

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
The manner in which the game was officiated - not necessarily bad but close - minimized adjustments that could be made. We needed to do what USF did - take almost everything to the rim.

That is the adjustment he didn't make.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Lackadaisical, if you prefer. Calhoun might say they lack intensity. They are not crisp. They need a heart transplant.

Watch the lazy passes. The failure to box out. No hard screens. Constantly beaten to the rim.

Riddle me this Batman. Who on this team would you describe as "tough?" Or mentally tough?
1546489566746.png

Reaction Score
Our roster is better than USF. Otherwise we win 2 Games in conference this year. And he gets canned.
Is it? There bigs are better by a WIDE margin. Their leader/point guard is a better leader/ point guard than ours. Our roster is closer to being on par with USF's than better

Reaction Score
Lackadaisical, if you prefer. Calhoun might say they lack intensity. They are not crisp. They need a heart transplant.

Watch the lazy passes. The failure to box out. No hard screens. Constantly beaten to the rim.

Riddle me this Batman. Who on this team would you describe as "tough?" Or mentally tough?

Christian Vital is tough. He puts it on the line.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
We looked like a d2 team trying to rebound against a high major on free throws. Still too small and weak.

Reaction Score
Polley 1-10, getting outrebounded by 15 - not much Hurley could do there. The team is what the team is.

There's a lot he can do there, like not play him the whole game when he can't hit the ocean from the shore.

Reaction Score
Bet your ass Sid is starting over him next game after this performance. Not to say that’s going to help us because Sid has his own issues he looks lost out there half the time.

Polley was awful and if we're going to in any way approach our ceiling this year and beyond, Wilson has to play a prominent role.

But I haven't seen anything in Wilson that suggests he's going to be part of a winning team in the near future. Elite athleticism, highlight-reel plays, yes, but nowhere near the requisite consistency and basketball IQ. I said before the season that people have overhyped him and would be disappointed in the production on the court, and nothing we've seen so far disabuses me of that notion.

Wilson wasn't supposed to be this raw project -- what happened?

Reaction Score
there's a lot he can do there, like not play him the whole game when he can't hit the ocean from the shore.
Who do you replace him with when he's one of your only outside threats?

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Serious question: There were an absurd amount of fouls this game. Was that due to poor defensive fundamentals on both teams or were the refs just blowing their whistle at any contact? Seemed like a mixture of both but I'm not entirely sure.

Reaction Score
Who do you replace him with when he's one of your only outside threats?

Seriously? A freakin walk-on can rebound better than he can. If he missed 5 straight three's, what makes him a threat to keep him in there to miss two more? And yes CV was more of a threat than him this game.

Reaction Score
Have you gotten the impression that Hurley is the quiet and reserved type? You think he didn't yell at anybody?

No I haven’t, but I didn’t see him say much to the guys he pulled tonight after mistakes. There were also a handful of plays tonight where I thought he should have pulled guys and he didn’t. Didn’t think he coached a good game tonight.

Reaction Score
Serious question: There were an absurd amount of fouls this game. Was that due to poor defensive fundamentals on both teams or were the refs just blowing their whistle at any contact? Seemed like a mixture of both but I'm not entirely sure.
A mixture of both imo, the college game is just reffed(and played) like utter garbage, but from what I've seen this year the team is way too hyper active on D in a negative manner.

Reaction Score
The horrid display of rebounding is what did us in, but this kid needs at least 12-14 shots a night.

Weird, thread I started about CV getting more shots got merged here. Anyway, point stands... thought it was worth discussing separately but it seems bandwidth is at a premium.

Reaction Score
Seriously? A freakin walk-on can rebound better than he can. If he missed 5 straight three's, what makes him a threat to keep him in there to miss two more? And yes CV was more of a threat than him this game.
I said one of, meaning there is another and Well CV was on the court......Claiming a walk on was the answer is comical and unhonest so I wont really address that. But thanks for proving my point.

Reaction Score
No I haven’t, but I didn’t see him say much to the guys he pulled tonight after mistakes. There were also a handful of plays tonight where I thought he should have pulled guys and he didn’t. Didn’t think he coached a good game tonight.

Hurley with his high fives, cheerleading and pre game candy canes comes across like that parent who wants to be their kids best friend. Kind of like Ollie did.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom