Post Camp Two-Deep (Not BYU Depth Chart) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Post Camp Two-Deep (Not BYU Depth Chart)

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I get we haven't seen true freshmen on the two deep very often here at Uconn. But it is that hard to believe that maybe they are ready and/or the best fit right now? After all they are Diaco's guys.
Less hard to believe if they're skill players or secondary. Lineman? That is a little surprising. Mo Petrus comes to mind but he was in his 20's as a freshman. There are guys like Anthony Davis (RU) and the kid who was 16/17 from Louisville. But it's just not that common.

Reaction Score
It is not a good sign to see true freshmen on the two deep at offensive line. Except in the rarest of circumstances, true frosh really struggle when put into the lineup at O Line. Just not enough time to gain strength and change their bodies.

It makes me even more concerned because by two freshmen being listed at #2, this indicates returning players at that spot have not stepped up.

This line might be worse than last year's group. And that is a horrifying thought. If there is anyone who can work magic, it is Coach Foley. So that gives me a sliver of hope.

Reaction Score
huskypantz said:
Less hard to believe if they're skill players or secondary. Lineman? That is a little surprising. Mo Petrus comes to mind but he was in his 20's as a freshman. There are guys like Anthony Davis (RU) and the kid who was 16/17 from Louisville. But it's just not that common.

D tackle and o line are the two positions you do not want to see true freshman thrown into a prominent role.

Reaction Score
A lot of P5 programs have true frosh listed in 2 deep on OL. It is rare here, but happens. Having said that, I thought Rugg and KS would be fighting to see time w/the 1s; shocked they are both on the 3s. KS is the bigger surprise, as I heard nothing about him all summer, which to me, suggested he was hurt or not catching on w/the new staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom