Possible portal targets | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Possible portal targets

Reaction Score

Joseph Fagnano is a 6-3 225lb QB from Williamsport PA attending University of Maine (Transfer Portal). Other offer from WMU.

Reaction Score
What is our current wish list? I am thinking that we have no gaping holes from looking at our roster and the 3 transfers we have already signed. However I would like a little more depth at the key positions (LB, DE, OL, WR) and 1 more qb to compete for the starting job. So for me order of priority would be 1.competent qb, 2.LB, 3. other positions doe depth

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Looking for depth.
Don't have enough spots open to look for depth at QB, 2022 performance by QB's was not at FBS level.

Is there anyone on current roster who has potential to be solid FBS QB, hard to tell; real freshman, 3 kids with various degrees of injury, each could get better/recover but boy would any of them need to get way, way better to be even an average FBS starting QB. If nothing changes (and everyone healthy) have 5 scholarship QB's for 2023, any additional should not be for depth.

Reaction Score
Don't have enough spots open to look for depth at QB, 2022 performance by QB's was not at FBS level.

Is there anyone on current roster who has potential to be solid FBS QB, hard to tell; real freshman, 3 kids with various degrees of injury, each could get better/recover but boy would any of them need to get way, way better to be even an average FBS starting QB. If nothing changes (and everyone healthy) have 5 scholarship QB's for 2023, any additional should not be for depth.
Room has a way of happening. Don’t presume we have a clear picture at this point.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Did we just lose out to Georgia Southern?
Who knows. It's just as likely we have an agreement with another QB...or we decided to stick with who we got.

Hard to say until everything shakes out.

Reaction Score
Looking for depth.
I get the need for the depth obviously, but they can't do better than a mediocre FCS QB? Rather take in a unproven P5 QB (like TR) than a proven-to-be-pretty-mediocre FCS QB...

Reaction Score
I get the need for the depth obviously, but they can't do better than a mediocre FCS QB? Rather take in a unproven P5 QB (like TR) than a proven-to-be-pretty-mediocre FCS QB...
You are worried about the top of the depth chart. This is likely a bottom of the depth chart addition. We didn’t even have enough QBs available to run proper practices at times this season. We need some bodies and we may still lose a QB or two. We just don’t know.

As far as this signing goes, I haven’t watched him play nor do I know anything about him. Maybe he is better than we think. I don’t know much about Maine, their OL or anything else going on there. Nick Charlton is very familiar with him though. Maybe he sees something in him.

Reaction Score
Personally not me. Against BC he was 21 of 43 for 289 yds 2tds and 2ints. We needed 3 games to pass for that many yards sometimes.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What is our current wish list? I am thinking that we have no gaping holes from looking at our roster and the 3 transfers we have already signed. However I would like a little more depth at the key positions (LB, DE, OL, WR) and 1 more qb to compete for the starting job. So for me order of priority would be 1.competent qb, 2.LB, 3. other positions doe depth

Depends on how you define gaping. If you want another 6-6 type team, then there are no gaping holes. Want to get to an 8-4 caliber team? Let's talk.

We have gaping holes at QB, Center, Tight End and WR on offense. Defense needs LB and depth at CB.

Reaction Score
Depends on how you define gaping. If you want another 6-6 type team, then there are no gaping holes. Want to get to an 8-4 caliber team? Let's talk.

We have gaping holes at QB, Center, Tight End and WR on offense. Defense needs LB and depth at CB.
I’m hoping we don’t have holes at WR. I think we have talent there when everyone is healthy. We need the QB to get them the ball. I just don’t buy that no one is open. I’ve watched a lot of tape and we’ve had guys open, especially in big moments, but Zion didn’t even look their way. Granted, not as many guys were open as I’d like, but definitely enough that we could have had much better results. Zion just doesn’t see the field well enough at this point. Hopefully, that skill gets developed. People used to say nobody was open when Pindell got here. Shirrefs came in and suddenly everyone was open.

Reaction Score
What am my missing here? Ta’Quan Roberson, for no fault of his pwn, was injured before having a chance to prove himself. I have no problem going for depth. Nothing like bringing in a transfer from Penn State and then recruiting over him. I realize he may not be ready by the beginning of next season, but good luck getting a transfer at this point better than him and what does it say to other recruits when you do that?

Reaction Score
We also need another RB - can never have too much depth at that injury prone position.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom