• We got no choice

Votes: 305 46.9%
  • Stay in the Big East

Votes: 251 38.6%
  • Are we there yet?

Votes: 94 14.5%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I'm stealing this from the cuse board and what is interesting is, everyone in the ACC wants out. I'd replace bcu with USF or Temple or something. Big XII x II:

"Big 12 East
Boston College (MA)
Connecticut (CT)
Syracuse (NY)
Pittsburgh (PA)
West Virginia (WV)
Cincinnati (OH)
Louisville (KY)
Kansas (KS)
Duke (NC)
Wake Forest (NC)
Georgia Tech (GA)
UCF (FL)

Big 12 West
Iowa St (IA)
Kansas St (KS)
Oklahoma St (OK)
Houston (TX)
Baylor (TX)
TCU (TX)
Texas Tech (TX)
Colorado (CO)
BYU (UT)
Utah (UT)
Arizona (AZ)
Arizona St (AZ)"

Reaction Score
First, many who post on here clearly don't have half a brain, at least on this, so ....

As for your second point, you can't change factually accuracy by pretending it's just annoying semantics. As a matter of the law of business organization, the entity that is the American IS the entity that was originally formed as the Big East. Same FEIN number, same corporate (or LP or LLC) file in whatever jurisdiction it is organized in. You can feel free to call the truth hilarious, or ridiculous, or a technically, but despite what almost half of American thinks in 2023 truth doesn't change because someone deems it ridiculous.

I don’t want to get involved in this silly exchange, but I have to say that resorting to “the law of business exchange” reminds me of rock singers who couldn’t perform songs which they wrote and ror which they recorded the original hit version because the legal rights had been bought by someone else. In the real world, it’s still their song regardless who holds the legal rights to it. You’re also ignoring the history which created a pre-nup of sorts allowing for a separation of the basketball-only and football members without penalty if circumstances called for it.

Reaction Score
Athletics are not a money maker for the schools. Benedict pointed that out in the article linked earlier in this thread. The money stays in athletics; it’s not like it benefits the school by going into research or something in academics, which is after all the core mission of the university. Along with the increased revenue come increased costs. Benedict pointed that out as well and mentioned that there are still P5 schools losing money even with all that revenue.
Depending on the source- less than 20 programs turn a profit. Most Universities struggle with deficits.
UConn should strive to become revenue neutral and control tuition increases for students.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
I still think the B12 should take us as a FB only.
While we are dreaming. Let’s say baseball as well, the BE is dogshite in baseball

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You are right! Making more money is so stupid!

Reaction Score
Why? What is the incentive does the B12 have without our Basketball men's and women's teams? Do you really think they want a bottom of the barrel college football team just because we are in the Northeast? It will be all sports or no sports if we move to the B12. B12 has some pretty good basketball teams in Kansas, Baylor, Houston, Iowa St., K-State and Texas Tech.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You are right! Making more money is so stupid!
I think his point was if we can't get the money from athletics we. An get it from taxpayers so why not just keep charging taxpayers more and more.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why? What is the incentive does the B12 have without our Basketball men's and women's teams? Do you really think they want a bottom of the barrel college football team just because we are in the Northeast? It will be all sports or no sports if we move to the B12. B12 has some pretty good basketball teams in Kansas, Baylor, Houston, Iowa St., K-State and Texas Tech.
None. It's a lame attempt to keep hoops in the Big East. Biggest problem is actually soccer. Maybe Big East would let them stay. It would be phenomenal for Baseball.

Reaction Score
I do not believe we'd be taken BECAUSE of football... Men and Womens BB is what I feel keeps our name in the game. Would love to have baseball head out to Omaha (Big 12 territory) plus all the other ranked sports teams we have.

regarding football: attendance is a major check on the negative side, as is winning record consistency, recruiting quality, NIL (even though I do not know numbers-I'm sure the oil and land owners/alumni in midwest (Big 12) will be more than ours), We would be the Rutgers of the Big 12 in football. I say this not to be a debbie downer (I went to Marshall Bowl game) but am not falling for a college sports dream again. .....I'm sure there are more reasons but am in a hurry to meet son at bar (21st birthday today)

We need to be realistic and not jump at rumors like we did in the past.

(Am not looking forward to any responses when I look at this later):(

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We need to be realistic and not jump at rumors like we did in the past.
It's like you don't know us at all anymore.

Reaction Score
Yes, networks do make stupid decisions. But seriously look at who’s in the Big XII. Look at the history of those football programs. Look at the population centers they do/don’t represent. Do you really think that money will last? I don’t. I can’t see throwing my lot in with them.

In the real world instead of the world of TV fantasy, the reconstructed Bug XII is not a power conference for the simple reason that it has no power teams. Their power teams walked out the door years ago or are about to walk out the door next year. And they took their population centers with them. You can’t be a power conference without power teams.
The strength of the Big12 is their extremely dedicated fanbases. While they have not had a run of power/national championship caliber FB teams in the past 20 or so years, they have proven year after year that they have fanbases that care about football and show up at stadia, and watch games on TV. That is their power - and it actually has equaled or surpassed all but the B1G and the SEC.

Reaction Score
If you’re a UConn fan and don’t already have them, now would be a really great time to spend $53 on UConn football season tickets this fall to support the program:

Exactly, we need to fill the Rent this season. If you can't go to games, buy the tickets anyways and give them to others. Or simply look at it as a donation to the program. Buy 2.5 less pizzas for the rest of the year and you'll come out feeling better.

Reaction Score
You’re absolutely right. If the Big XII wants to add UConn, they can’t simply leave us out on an island as they did with West Virginia. They would have to create a Northeast division so that membership would make some kind of sense for us.
With WV and Cincinnati in, I would feel better for us if another couple of former BE teams were in as well. Any two of Syracuse, Pitt, or BC would certainly feel better to me.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Why? What is the incentive does the B12 have without our Basketball men's and women's teams?
I was just saying what I think would work best for UConn.

Reaction Score
What makes sense is the ACC + WVU, Cinci, UConn and maybe UCF and the Big XII adding the remaining Pac teams. Which is why it probably won't happen.
WVU, Cinci, and UCF signed a GOR with the Big 12. They can't leave.

Reaction Score

We have world class facilities
The B12 commissioners interest in us has a lot to do with our hoops program. He wasn’t sniffing around campus for football. And quite frankly I hope he didn’t .because then he will ask why he can’t find the football stadium.

UConn has a lot of nice facilities. I'm sure he was impressed with the school, campus and facilities, even though there's no football stadium there.

The Rent does its job and can be expanded.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
None. It's a lame attempt to keep hoops in the Big East. Biggest problem is actually soccer. Maybe Big East would let them stay. It would be phenomenal for Baseball.
Big East wouldn’t do us any favors. But with our history and facility, there would be plenty of interest for us as a soccer only affiliate member.

Reaction Score
I'm stealing this from the cuse board and what is interesting is, everyone in the ACC wants out. I'd replace bcu with USF or Temple or something. Big XII x II:

"Big 12 East
Boston College (MA)
Connecticut (CT)
Syracuse (NY)
Pittsburgh (PA)
West Virginia (WV)
Cincinnati (OH)
Louisville (KY)
Kansas (KS)
Duke (NC)
Wake Forest (NC)
Georgia Tech (GA)
UCF (FL)

Big 12 West
Iowa St (IA)
Kansas St (KS)
Oklahoma St (OK)
Houston (TX)
Baylor (TX)
TCU (TX)
Texas Tech (TX)
Colorado (CO)
BYU (UT)
Utah (UT)
Arizona (AZ)
Arizona St (AZ)"
This would be ideal

Reaction Score
realignment for dummy's abridged version

UConn has TWO potential choices:
1) stay in the BE and keep football indy,
or maybe
2) accept an invitation to the BIG12.

there is no 3rd option. if we want to get into a P5 then we cannot "wait and see" what happens with the ACC GOR. if the ACC dissolves then our invitation to the BIG12 would go to NC St/VT/GT/Louisville instead.

doesnt matter whether a "power 2" football conference eventually breaks away from the ncaa. worst case scenario we join a new conference of leftovers e.g. Cuse/Pitt/WVU etc. because none of them are making the cut either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom