Portland 3 pt arc is different on each end | The Boneyard

Portland 3 pt arc is different on each end

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Lordy NCAA. The top of the 3 pt arc was measured and is different on each end of the court. I didn't notice it last night, however they showed folks measuring, and it seems as the distance between the top of the key arc to the 3 pt arc is smaller on the left half of the court vs the right.

Folks attention to detail will drive me to ....

Reaction Score
Lordy NCAA. The top of the 3 pt arc was measured and is different on each end of the court. I didn't notice it last night, however they showed folks measuring, and it seems as the distance between the top of the key arc to the 3 pt arc is smaller on the left half of the court vs the right.

Folks attention to detail will drive me to ....
We are watching the game right now. Yep they are measuring it! You can see it now that it’s been pointed out.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
1711914293796.jpeg

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Didn't they say that the NCAA officials were not going to fix it today because it has been this way for all the Sweet 16 games in Portland?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Didn't they say that the NCAA officials were not going to fix it today because it has been this way for all the Sweet 16 games in Portland?
NCSU and Texas coaches agreed to play as is. I'd bet that the game tomorrow night will be played the same as well as I'm not sure they can turn a court around that fast (maybe?) and UConn and USC won't want it to seem that they got an advantage.

On edit - the NCAA has said it will be corrected before tomorrow night's game.

Reaction Score
I would think the courts owners would be responsible. However, the NCAA officials should be measuring before tournament play starts? Verifications in place to check this stuff? If not, wow.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I would think the courts owners would be responsible. However, the NCAA officials should be measuring before tournament play starts? Verifications in place to check this stuff? If not, wow.
As a youth soccer ref in CT many years ago, we checked the safety of the goal frames (anchored), that the nets were properly attached, and paced off the goal box, penalty area & arc, and made sure the corner flags were inserted into the ground. And we were probably only getting $20 a game.

Reaction Score
As a youth soccer ref in CT many years ago, we checked the safety of the goal frames (anchored), that the nets were properly attached, and paced off the goal box, penalty area & arc, and made sure the corner flags were inserted into the ground. And we were probably only getting $20 a game.
So, really no excuse for this. Just poor. There has got to be some sort of procedural compliance for an NCAA tournament. I would love to see the results of an investigation. One needs to be started on this. Shameful.

Reaction Score
What incompetence by the NCAA! This sure wouldn't happen at the men's tournament. Once again, the women are shortchanged.
And if it did happen, I would bet that the men wouldn't have played. I know next to nothing about sports betting but I wonder what the implications are with all of the sports betting.

Reaction Score
Since the teams switch sides at halftime, the blunder doesn’t necessarily favor either team.
Can’t say for certain whether or not it’s affected the outcome of a specific game.
Just bewilderingly incompetent.

I am not sure I agree because it can affect the momentum of the game. If your team gets the short 3-pt line first and happens to make more 3-pt and build a big lead, you could play the game differently when you are on the other side. It definitely can affect the outcome of the game.

Reaction Score
So, really no excuse for this. Just poor. There has got to be some sort of procedural compliance for an NCAA tournament. I would love to see the results of an investigation. One needs to be started on this. Shameful.
Don't expect a thing from the NCAA except some soft statement that says that it didn't effect any outcomes, has been corrected and in the future new controls are being put in place. It is just symptomatic of a careless, poorly managed organization which needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom. They punted on everything and now they can't even make the court uniform. Pathetic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom