Poll Big East Tournament | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poll Big East Tournament

Will UConn win the Big East Tournament?

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I voted that UConn wins it all. It is tournament time. Big game moments. We are battled tested. It is One and Done. I believe that with so many close games this year, the players know how they won and lost those close games. Those games have helped to develop the "competitive greatness" mindset in our UConn squad. Just being at their best when their best is needed. I believe we have developed that mentality dealing with the close games which is why I believe UConn is going to win the Big East tournament.

Reaction Score
I cannot believe what I am seeing here... people concerned because they lost to the #4 and #5 teams? But they beat everyone else.... including those two....
What's happening here? Only 70% think we will win it. Oh Ye, of little faith. We are UCONN. And they aren't.

Reaction Score
What's happening here? Only 70% think we will win it. Oh Ye, of little faith. We are UCONN. And they aren't.
Not 70%, I voted wins as a fan but I don't think so, and I may not be the only one

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
WHY don't you agree that the bench can help UConn win?
They have some superior skills compared to the bench players of UConn's BE opponents.
Would you rather not have them be available on the bench at all?
Can you predict which UConn players may get into foul trouble, injured/ concussed or need to come out for a breather?

What is it that you're trying to say and why?
Do you really think that Geno & Dailey don't want these players to be available on the bench so that they can help the team win if needed?
Any fans who know about their full backgrounds would know that they have more BB skills than they have displayed during their brief PT opportunities, and that each are capable of contributing to the team's winning effort.
Too bad that we can't ask the UConn players what they think, but I believe we already know that they respect each other's BB talents.
While a pessimistic fan may say "Huh?", the optimistic fan may rightfully claim "Ahha!"
The "bench" players could have been a huge factor this year. What an opportunity with all the injuries. Instead of helping the team, contributing to the effort, they performed so badly that the coaching staff didn't trust them enough to give them significant minutes. I will leave Bettencourt out of this comment because I think she brought more than expected - but IMO the other two blew huge opportunities to make a difference at a time when the team really needed help.

sun

Reaction Score
The "bench" players could have been a huge factor this year. What an opportunity with all the injuries. Instead of helping the team, contributing to the effort, they performed so badly that the coaching staff didn't trust them enough to give them significant minutes. I will leave Bettencourt out of this comment because I think she brought more than expected - but IMO the other two blew huge opportunities to make a difference at a time when the team really needed help.

I appreciate that you tried to convey why you're disappointed with them.
Against DePaul which UConn only won the game by 3 points, Ayanna scored 2 points & Ines scored 2 points, and their 4 points was greater than UConn's margin of victory.
Plus Ayanna had 4 rebounds and 1 block in 11 minutes, and Ines had 1 assist in 4 minutes.
That shows that they played well enough to help win the game, and Edwards also ended up fouling out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've been rewatching all the earlier season out of conference games over the last few days, most recently Duke and then Iowa. I would prescribe doing the same for any Uconn wcbb fans that are suffering from stress brought on by a sense of a gnawing sense of doubt. Our team know who they are, what their challenges are and believe in themselves and each other.

They remember how they felt at the end of the last two seasons, they are battle hardened and have no quit in them and have no intention of finishing this season anyway but by sending Lou and Dorka off the right way. I can't wait to watch it all unfold. It won't be a cakewalk - if it was that would be uncharacteristic of the season, These guys are warriors. My biggest concern at this point is how I will possibly get by without each week having a game or two to look forward to between the time they cut down the nets for #12 and the next time we see them on the court (hopefully on their trip to Europe this summer).

I love, as I am sure all of us do, watching and rooting for this very special group of Huskies. With all the ups and downs, triumphs and challenges this season has provided one thing stands out - this is a group of young women that the whole is far greater than the parts. There is not a single star and supporting players. If any are off, others shine. If everyone struggles, they find a way. They love each other, pick each other up, support and celebrate each other. I have to believe they'll finish this one with a fitting final memory that they can share with each other throughout their lifetimes. We are quite simply the luckiest fans, being privileged as we are, to call this our team!

Reaction Score
I've been rewatching all the earlier season out of conference games over the last few days, most recently Duke and then Iowa. I would prescribe doing the same for any Uconn wcbb fans that are suffering from stress brought on by a sense of a gnawing sense of doubt. Our team know who they are, what their challenges are and believe in themselves and each other.

They remember how they felt at the end of the last two seasons, they are battle hardened and have no quit in them and have no intention of finishing this season anyway but by sending Lou and Dorka off the right way. I can't wait to watch it all unfold. It won't be a cakewalk - if it was that would be uncharacteristic of the season, These guys are warriors. My biggest concern at this point is how I will possibly get by without each week having a game or two to look forward to between the time they cut down the nets for #12 and the next time we see them on the court (hopefully on their trip to Europe this summer).

I love, as I am sure all of us do, watching and rooting for this very special group of Huskies. With all the ups and downs, triumphs and challenges this season has provided one thing stands out - this is a group of young women that the whole is far greater than the parts. There is not a single star and supporting players. If any are off, others shine. If everyone struggles, they find a way. They love each other, pick each other up, support and celebrate each other. I have to believe they'll finish this one with a fitting final memory that they can share with each other throughout their lifetimes. We are quite simply the luckiest fans, being privileged as we are, to call this our team!
Very uplifting. I believe you have developed a case of Tonyc itis. I have also. It's very prevalent this time of year. There is no cure I'm told.

Reaction Score
I posted earlier on another thread how proud of this team I am, especially considering the 50+ points sitting on the bench the majority of the season.

These polls tend to bring out some of the “Ra ra ra” fans, which, sorry, these threads are really not meant for them. No real value to it. No sense of “reality.”

I would say about 30-40% of the boneyard is realistic in these types of threads, which is square on what the percentage this poll is showing. Several, even in this thread, said “ UConn finished on top. “ The fact is, since the SC game, this team rode the wave of earlier season triumphs all the way to the beach without a whole lot of swimming. Which doesn’t bode well for the BE or NCAA tournaments.

Fixable? Geno says no. Lots of question marks. Too many intangibles.

However, If any of Geno’s teams have shown us throughout the years, never count them out. His teams always seem to find another gear come tournament time.

So, if they lose will I be surprised? No, not really.

So, if they win will I be surprised? No, not really.

Buckle up, should be interesting.

Reaction Score
This team didn't look good for a while now (basically since the SC game) especially on offense.. We all are aware of the reasons (too many minutes to the lead players who are tired, ineffective bench, CD trying to get back to her former self but not there yet, etc.) and unless Azzi is back for the Big East Tournament at least 50% of her former self, it will be very very difficult to win 3 games in 3 days against progressively better opponents.
Not what I saw. Or stated.

Reaction Score
Shame on you 25%
I didn't think we'd make it to the championship game, not the way we limped to the end of the regular season. But a few days of rest and Azzi's return made a huge difference. I am very happily eating a large meal of delicious crow right now.

Reaction Score
I didn't think we'd make it to the championship game, not the way we limped to the end of the regular season. But a few days of rest and Azzi's return made a huge difference. I am very happily eating a large meal of delicious crow right now.
Ditto.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom