Poll Big East Tournament | The Boneyard

Poll Big East Tournament

Will UConn win the Big East Tournament?

• Total voters

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Will this years team win the Big East Tournament? Prior years it was a foregone conclusion UConn would win the Big East/AAC Conference Tournament. This year Geno and others are not sure if this team will the Big East Tournament. What are your thoughts?

I'm not sure as I believe if UConn was playing any other team then Xavier they would have lost their last regular season game. If Azzi plays and able to score around 10 points a game, then I'm more comfortable about UConn winning the Big East Tournament.

Reaction Score
Remember when the informal UConn motto was "The pursuit of perfection?" We are so far from that standard that it's just sad. For whatever reason, the players' ability to play without thinking has simply disappeared. For instance, it seems that whenever someone -- Aaliyah, Nika, it almost doesn't make a difference who -- has the opportunity to make a throw to start a fast break, they throw the ball three feet over the head of the intended target. Happened at least three times against Xavier. I'm sure it's true that Geno and staff have coached them to avoid these bonehead plays, but however they are coaching, it's not working.

It may be as simple as having a coaching staff that's used to premium players following instructions and achieving a premium result. Performing undermanned, banged up and under pressure from even the weakest opponents has turned the remaining premium players into lesser performers. And my fear is that because they have never had to deal with this before, Geno and staff don't know how to fix it, if, in fact, it is fixable.

Reaction Score
I'm afraid they're going to lose the second game. They lost to both St. John and Marquette and it will be the second game in 2 days for UConn. The opponent will have confidence and UConn will be pressing. When you're pressing you won't have a smooth stroke and UConn hasn't been shooting well lately. I'm going to be watching and cheering them on, but I would be surprised to see them get out of their offense slump. By the way you can be a fan without being a fanatic. Being a realist will make the wins that much sweeter.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Surprised that 1/3 of the voters actually voted they didn't think UConn would win the Big East tournament. I'm also wondering how many of the 43 voters that voted UConn would win, actually believe that or is it more that has fans they have to say UConn will win it all.

Reaction Score
Surprised that 1/3 of the voters actually voted they didn't think UConn would win the Big East tournament. I'm also wondering how many of the 43 voters that voted UConn would win, actually believe that or is it more that has fans they have to say UConn will win it all.
I voted UConn wins it all. I figure without adding Azzi they have a 50-50 chance of winning all three games and with her maybe 60-40. UConn gets the benefit of the doubt here.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
If you had asked that early in the year I would say yes, UConn will win the BEast tournament and has a very good shot at the FF.

I don't think that any more. Their recent games are just difficult to watch. Something is wrong with this team and as Joe Zone said last night "it won't be fixed by tournament time."

I just hope that Ball State isn't in their bracket. :(

Reaction Score
This team didn't look good for a while now (basically since the SC game) especially on offense.. We all are aware of the reasons (too many minutes to the lead players who are tired, ineffective bench, CD trying to get back to her former self but not there yet, etc.) and unless Azzi is back for the Big East Tournament at least 50% of her former self, it will be very very difficult to win 3 games in 3 days against progressively better opponents.

Reaction Score
I'm afraid they're going to lose the second game. They lost to both St. John and Marquette and it will be the second game in 2 days for UConn. The opponent will have confidence and UConn will be pressing. When you're pressing you won't have a smooth stroke and UConn hasn't been shooting well lately. I'm going to be watching and cheering them on, but I would be surprised to see them get out of their offense slump. By the way you can be a fan without being a fanatic. Being a realist will make the wins that much sweeter.
ST. John's with all those Seniors and Grad students, Marquette with a balance
attack and savvy coach it could happen. I see some TRUE GRIT for
UCONN in this game. But.... the energy expended could spell trouble against
VILLANOVA or Marquette. GO HUSKIES. DORKA Save Us! EVERYBODY =
CUT DOWN ON THE TURNOVERS = "W".

Reaction Score
If you had asked that early in the year I would say yes, UConn will win the BEast tournament and has a very good shot at the FF.

I don't think that any more. Their recent games are just difficult to watch. Something is wrong with this team and as Joe Zone said last night "it won't be fixed by tournament time."

I just hope that Ball State isn't in their bracket. :(
Ball State with Hana Muhl!!!! ???

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Even struggling the kids finished the season on top.

Caroline, is still getting her bearings, and confidence back after being out so long. I think the regular players are starting to look for her.

Time off for practice and to decompress will work wonders.

Azzi. If available through the next 3 games we might get to see the Lou we saw during the first half of the season.

I expect to see Azzi playing in the BE Tournament.

I wasn't surprised that we haven't seen Azzi on the floor yet. It seems to me that bringing Caroline back and the team getting acclimated/ reintegrating one player at a time would be beneficial as well as getting Azzi a couple more weeks getting ready.

Reaction Score
I think that UCONN can WIN, I gave the question a YES. I know that they can lose! Either
way the NCAA are quite a long time away (relatively speaking, for some down time/recovery).

sun

Reaction Score
Despite many contrary opinions, I think that Carol is now back & can perform close to 100%.
She scored 14 points in the last game and has shown poise.
Because Dorka didn't play against Xavier, UConn didn't score as many points.
Other than that, I expect that UConn will put their tournament hats on and take care of business as usual.
I would not bet money against the Huskies winning their next 3 games to bring the trophy back from the Mohegan Sun which is in their own backyard.
I don't believe that many of the no voters would actually bet money against them despite their vote.

Even the bench subs can help them win.
Ines is very quick, Ayanna can leap like a kangaroo and Amari can block shots by any player in the league.
Everyone on the team will be ready for the challenge.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My fear is that they don’t win, losing in any of the games.

My hope (and vote) is that they win it all as usual.

Reaction Score
I cannot believe what I am seeing here... people concerned because they lost to the #4 and #5 teams? But they beat everyone else.... including those two....

Reaction Score
Yep they win. Geno will have them firing on all cylinders. I'm a conspiracy theorist. I think Azzi is fine and has been practicing with the team for weeks which is why they have been all discombobulated during these last few games.

Azzi enters the game during the first quarter guns ablazing. They sweep the BE tournament. They get challenged around the Elite 8 and get knocked out there or the Final Four. However, if Azzi can keep up the momentum and her shooting remains consistent and she doesn't disappear in any of the games they might win it all.

They have a huge target on their backs and everyone believes UCONN is normal now and they can beat them on any given day. The UCONN fear factor is gone. However, Geno is still the coach. Drop the mic, c u @ the F4.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Despite many contrary opinions, I think that Carol is now back & can perform close to 100%.
She scored 14 points in the last game and has shown poise.
Because Dorka didn't play against Xavier, UConn didn't score as many points.
Other than that, I expect that UConn will put their tournament hats on and take care of business as usual.
I would not bet money against the Huskies winning their next 3 games to bring the trophy back from the Mohegan Sun which is in their own backyard.
I don't believe that many of the no voters would actually bet money against them despite their vote.

Ines is very quick, Ayanna can leap like a kangaroo and Amari can block shots by any player in the league.
Huh?

Reaction Score
Voted for win as usual, it is just a fan vote, but if they win that won't be that usual

Reaction Score
I just have a feeling the "old" UCONN team will show up for the Big East and the NCAA's!
I understand why, but if the coaches ran REGULAR UCONN practices we would not be seeing so many turn-overs!
The short, "gentle" practices have made the players lax, where the usual practices sharpened the players to a razors edge!

sun

Reaction Score
Huh?
WHY don't you agree that the bench can help UConn win?
They have some superior skills compared to the bench players of UConn's BE opponents.
Would you rather not have them be available on the bench at all?
Can you predict which UConn players may get into foul trouble, injured/ concussed or need to come out for a breather?

What is it that you're trying to say and why?
Do you really think that Geno & Dailey don't want these players to be available on the bench so that they can help the team win if needed?
Any fans who know about their full backgrounds would know that they have more BB skills than they have displayed during their brief PT opportunities, and that each are capable of contributing to the team's winning effort.
Too bad that we can't ask the UConn players what they think, but I believe we already know that they respect each other's BB talents.
While a pessimistic fan may say "Huh?", the optimistic fan may rightfully claim "Ahha!"

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom