Plus 21.5. Looks like easy money. What say you? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Plus 21.5. Looks like easy money. What say you?

Reaction Score
Looking at games played so far, Cuse is way better than Utah State. The offense on Cuse if full of giants that can move. Going to be a tough job for Mora and the defense to game plan for that.
Like every year, the preseason rankings are going get some things wrong. Its early but the Cuse looks better than advertised and Utah State not as good as we thought they would be.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Has a P5 opponent regularly stacked the box against us yet?

I've already accounted for UConn's ground game to lead to 2 TDs. More than that? I'm guessing no. But I hope I'm wrong.
The question is whether time of possession will help us to keep their offense off the field enough to keep it close.

Reaction Score
The question is whether time of possession will help us to keep their offense off the field enough to keep it close.
If they can. Likely it is their plan

Reaction Score
Yeah, I don't think anyone expected Syracuse to beat Louisville, let alone by 24. That definitely changes the complexion of our expectations. The over/under and spread predicts a 38-16 score. We should know very early in the game if UConn can do better than that despite this staff's ability to make good adjustments on the fly.

Reaction Score
Syracuse lost 2 starters for the season against Louisville: 6' 286 lb fullback and 6'1" 250 lb. LB. The LB, Thompson, was probably their best defensive player. Syracuse has a massive OL: 322 lbs, 375 lbs, 292 lbs, 326 lbs, and 335 lbs. I would bet that will be the biggest OL UConn faces this season. Add in a 228 lb. QB and a shifty RB and UConn's defense will have a tough task on Saturday. On defense, with the loss of Thompson, Syracuse is relatively small. The DL is 233 lbs, 270 lbs, and 268 lbs. The LBs are 225 lbs, 224 lbs, and 239 lbs with their Rover at 220 lbs. It seems UConn should be able to run on them.

Also, Syracuse is a young team with 10 true sophomores, 2 RSo and 2 RFr starting. They start only 2 Sr or RSr and 3 RJrs.

I'm not sure the Louisville game was a good measuring stick for Syracuse as Louisville did not look ready to play (it seems like their HC is on his last legs), but Syracuse did look good in the game. I just don't think you can bet on UConn even with the large point spread given UConn has a true freshman QB, an injured WR group, and a big Syracuse offense.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Objectively, I think we’re in for an old fashioned as-whoopin unless some quantum leap in improvement happens this week. We just aren’t there yet.

Based solely on what we've seen, a 30+ point shellacking isn't out of the realm of possibilities.

I do think some of the stuff UConn has been doing has been more self-inflicted than it is schemes or Jimmy and Joe's issues we've seen over past decade.

My biggest concern is lack of downfield offense and lack of any WR really stepping up. Charlton said he wants to establish a running game and an explosive passing game. Running has been as good as any of us could have hoped for being; passing game, not so much.

On defense, we need to be able to put pressure on QB to get him out of rhythm and not play so soft on the corners.

If UConn plays a B+ or better game and 'Cuse only brings a C game, this gets interesting.

That being said, I wouldn't touch this line either way.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don't bet much.

After 2 games, I'd be tempted to take the season total of wins at over 2.5. I think I'm record for that.

I wouldn't touch any UConn game until after Fresno St. After that, I think money can be made if perception is lagging reality.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Like every year, the preseason rankings are going get some things wrong. Its early but the Cuse looks better than advertised and Utah State not as good as we thought they would be.
That's what happens when you base your predictions completely on last year's results.

Reaction Score
Anyone want to ignore the spread and predict UConn will pull off an upset off of Syracuse?

Reaction Score
If we had Ross and Marion, I think we could keep it under 24. Without them, 21.5 probably won't be enough. We need a slow time of possession game to have any shot.
Yes I think we'll have to try to slow the game down. This game may look a little "Edsallesque" in terms of ball possession and play calling. We can't afford to get in an early hole on Saturday, without Ross and Marion the passing game suffers. Turner is still learning but can't afford to make any mistakes either. Charlton is bringing him along cautiously.

Reaction Score
It's probably my bleed-blue colored glasses, but some of the coaches' chatter post-game and also the way the first 2 games have played out makes me think we're hiding some creative passing plays for the 'Cuse game.

Goal of CCSU game was to further establish our strength as the running game to try and get 'Cuse to gameplan to overload the box.

Then we spring the surprises on them.

I think the line goes up during the week to something like 24-ish. I like our chances to cover that.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I don't know how good Syracuse is. And I still have no idea how good UConn is.

21.5 seems about right. But, that was season opener, amped up for Cuse, and they were at home. Who knows what they are in first road game?

Syracuse also picked to finish last in Atlantic. Is Louisville that bad, or Syracuse much better?

I have no idea.

Reaction Score
I watched the Syracuse game. Line should be at 28.

But all the pressure is on them.

Reaction Score
I would probably bet Syracuse but am gonna stay away. With that said, the score last week for Syracuse was a bit lopsided. If you look at box score they Syracuse and Louisville moved the ball in similar fashions but Louisville had 4 turnovers and Syracuse had none and Syracuse had timely big plays. Syracuse is def the better team but I think that if you play that game 10 times, this was probably the best result for Syracuse and Louisville probably wins some of them.

Conversely if you play out central game 10 times I think we crush them by 30 more often than not. Turnovers hopefully stabilize a bit and we hit on a few more big plays

Wow I think I am talking myself into betting UConn.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I’d bet Syracuse but also didn’t think we’d cover Utah State. I’m just not sure our offense has enough juice.

Reaction Score
If we can establish the run we can cover maybe even keep it close if not
it will be a bloodbath.
They can’t score if we have possession.
Plus it keeps our defense fresh and hungry

Reaction Score
I our O needs ball control to keep it close and give UConn it's best shot at a win. An eight minute possession like we had in the CCSU game would work wonders.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom