Plus 21.5. Looks like easy money. What say you? | The Boneyard

Plus 21.5. Looks like easy money. What say you?

Reaction Score
Yes, the Cuse looked great in administering a 24 point beat down on the Cardinals (still wondering how they got picked for the ACC over the Conn). 21.5 is a very appealing home dawg if you ask me. A very conservative offensive game plan can keep the game tight. Vegas must not of been impressed with the win over the undersized and undermanned CCSU Blue Devils. On a side bet, can we get more than 15,000 fannies in the seats. Not the bogus tickets distributed number. Think it is a good time to send it in on the Huskies with that number of points. What say you?

Reaction Score
Yes, the Cuse looked great in administering a 24 point beat down on the Cardinals (still wondering how they got picked for the ACC over the Conn). 21.5 is a very appealing home dawg if you ask me. A very conservative offensive game plan can keep the game tight. Vegas must not of been impressed with the win over the undersized and undermanned CCSU Blue Devils. On a side bet, can we get more than 15,000 fannies in the seats. Not the bogus tickets distributed number. Think it is a good time to send it in on the Huskies with that number of points. What say you?

Thinking 21.5 is a bit generous, probably should be closer to 24. Syracuse is a solid team, not great, but mid tier ACC squad.

Anything can happen, but on paper this looks like a real uphill battle.

I'm guessing the line moves higher before the game

Reaction Score
So far I’m 2 for 2 with good guys covering. I’m torn on this spread, so I am going to wait and see how the line moves. I will bet on UConn, but I’ll be more conservative in the amount.

Reaction Score
So far I’m 2 for 2 with good guys covering. I’m torn on this spread, so I am going to wait and see how the line moves. I will bet on UConn, but I’ll be more conservative in the amount.
I know we beat central comfortably but I mean we looked like men compared to them. Which is an improvement. But those mistakes were plentiful and the secondary continues to allow massive yardage at times. I say we lose by 20 but below 30

Reaction Score
I know we beat central comfortably but I mean we looked like men compared to them. Which is an improvement. But those mistakes were plentiful and the secondary continues to allow massive yardage at times. I say we lose by 20 but below 30
Syracuse's offense features some monstrously big boys. Will make our D look like little boys comparatively. Have a 380 pound left guard and the rest of the line is like 320 to 340 except one guy at 300. QB is a big dude, bigger than most of our linebackers, have a tight end that's 270. Mora didn't seem to thrilled about it, in fact the first time I noticed him either down or maybe he was tired on Sunday, don't know, but he didn't seem thrilled about facing them. Hopefully he comes up with some good scheme or something.

Reaction Score
Cuses QB is like a better Tyler Lorenzen and they have a good RB so can we score enough to keep up? Bet the line goes to 24.

Reaction Score
The Cuse defense against the run is terrible, not much better than CCSU, although their pass rush is better. In that sense, Uconn has a chance to make things interesting. The big dilemma for Mora and company is devising a defense against the Syracuse well balanced offensive attack. If we allow the same mistakes and penalties we had against CCSU we lose by 25, if we clean things up AND are lucky enough to get some gifts on the field we lose by 10. The home field advantage is huge for us. My guess is a final score of 35-21.

Reaction Score
Cuses QB is like a better Tyler Lorenzen and they have a good RB so can we score enough to keep up? Bet the line goes to 24.

This guy has a way better throwing arm than TL did.

Reaction Score
This will be a tough one for us. I think they can win by 28 easily.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
My heart says, "We should be giving Cuse points! The first night home game of the Mora era will be epic. Bet your 401K on UCONN to win!"

My head says, "Bet Cuse to cover."

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The Cuse defense against the run is terrible, not much better than CCSU, although their pass rush is better. In that sense, Uconn has a chance to make things interesting. The big dilemma for Mora and company is devising a defense against the Syracuse well balanced offensive attack. If we allow the same mistakes and penalties we had against CCSU we lose by 25, if we clean things up AND are lucky enough to get some gifts on the field we lose by 10. The home field advantage is huge for us. My guess is a final score of 35-21.
I agree they can be run on. The problem is that Cuse - and every opponent going forward - can sell out on the run as UConn's passing game is putrid without any capable wideout, save perhaps Clercius, but even he can't stretch the field. While Cuse's LBs are all normal sized, their DEs and DT are tall boys easily capable of swatting down ZT passes if he doesn't have clear passing lanes. I think UConn is reasonably capable of scoring 17-20 pts, but not confident at all that that'll be close to enough, or even half that much. It'll be interesting to see how (if) Charlton uses all the RBs as receivers.

Reaction Score
Speaking as a bettor, not as a fan (I will not be betting this game):

UCONN is 2-0 against spread this season. That alone makes me lean Cuse but I also think that UCONN doesn’t match up well with Syracuse.

Looking at the game it’s a tale of two qbs. We have seen flashes from Zion but he is a ways away - I think Cuse game plans to stop the run and then force Zion to make plays.

UCONNs hope is they impose there will in the running game and then have some timely turnovers on defense.

Reaction Score
We said the same thing about Utah St. Is Cuse a lot better? And we’re at Home.

I’d say 3 TD’s is too much.

Reaction Score
We said the same thing about Utah St. Is Cuse a lot better? And we’re at Home.

I’d say 3 TD’s is too much.
Looking at games played so far, Cuse is way better than Utah State. The offense on Cuse if full of giants that can move. Going to be a tough job for Mora and the defense to game plan for that.

Reaction Score
Agree on that…..most thought Utah St was better than Syracuse to start season….Orange were at home game one…Huskies at home again…..Saturday night game…..Mora’s coaching keeps us in most games….confidence is high….Syracuse had 16 penalties - undisciplined? Time to utilize Rosa? Maybe at slot? Fitzgerald and Drayton both full strength hopefully next week

Reaction Score
I agree they can be run on. The problem is that Cuse - and every opponent going forward - can sell out on the run as UConn's passing game is putrid without any capable wideout, save perhaps Clercius, but even he can't stretch the field. While Cuse's LBs are all normal sized, their DEs and DT are tall boys easily capable of swatting down ZT passes if he doesn't have clear passing lanes. I think UConn is reasonably capable of scoring 17-20 pts, but not confident at all that that'll be close to enough, or even half that much. It'll be interesting to see how (if) Charlton uses all the RBs as receivers.
Nobody has stopped Nate Carter. Nobody.

Reaction Score
21.5 means Vegas thinks UConn is 2.5 points better vs. Syracuse than Louisville. Think I would lay the points now that we have the Sat nite data. But I am not a betting person.

Reaction Score
Syracuse is the best opponent we could have this early in the season to test just how high our ceiling can be. They showed well at home vs Louisville, but IMO, we're more talented than we've shown so far. Mora and Charlton will have the team ready for battle from the kickoff. It was expressed to me after our game on Saturday that whether consciously or not, we thought we would beat Central easily and thus lacked the fervor of our early intensity at Utah State. That won't happen this week. I'm taking the points. Go big or go home!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We would need to be better than we were against Central for us to win. Will we be “better” enough? It’s possible. I think we will cover.

Reaction Score
If we had Ross and Marion, I think we could keep it under 24. Without them, 21.5 probably won't be enough. We need a slow time of possession game to have any shot.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Nobody has stopped Nate Carter. Nobody.
Has a P5 opponent regularly stacked the box against us yet?

I've already accounted for UConn's ground game to lead to 2 TDs. More than that? I'm guessing no. But I hope I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
Thinking 21.5 is a bit generous, probably should be closer to 24. Syracuse is a solid team, not great, but mid tier ACC squad.

Anything can happen, but on paper this looks like a real uphill battle.

I'm guessing the line moves higher before the game
Honestly I think Orange should be at least a 28 point favorite. they looked HUGE on offensive side of the ball. Their QB must weigh 225 to 235 pounds. He looks like an NFL tight end except he can throw. I am hoping we can get a jump on them and get the crowd into the game. I think we will have around 25,000 at the game. Maybe more!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom