Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

Reaction Score
That incoming freshman class, along with Cardoso and her class is a great example of "What if"? Mind you, would Hillsman have gotten the best out of them? No clue, but potential was there.
I honestly think they would have been wasted with Hillsman. He got Syracuse to the FF in 2016, I’ll give him that, but the years after were lukewarm at best. They would have probably had some mediocre success but nothing like some of them achieved with different programs elsewhere. Especially Cardoso.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I honestly think they would have been wasted with Hillsman. He got Syracuse to the FF in 2016, I’ll give him that, but the years after were lukewarm at best. They would have probably had some mediocre success but nothing like some of them achieved with different programs elsewhere. Especially Cardoso.
Walz sure did utilize Engstler a lot better than Q ever did.

Reaction Score
I’m wondering if Coach Duffy is leaving as well. She’ll be good to look at for Tennessee.
I'd take her in a heartbeat at UCONN. She has decent size, she rebounds, and she has solid range. She seems like she would fit in well with Geno's system.

Reaction Score
I'd take her in a heartbeat at UCONN. She has decent size, she rebounds, and she has solid range. She seems like she would fit in well with Geno's system.

Plus she has a history of Minnesota hoops with Paige. If the WNBA is her goal, and roster spots allow it, UConn would be an awesome fit.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Plus she has a history of Minnesota hoops with Paige. If the WNBA is her goal, and roster spots allow it, UConn would be an awesome fit.
I believe as of this moment and based on Nika and Aaliyah's decisions, there are 2 available scholarships for next season.
I'm sorta guessing because I wasn't able to successfully search for the latest roster grids created by @BRS24

Reaction Score
I believe as of this moment and based on Nika and Aaliyah's decisions, there are 2 available scholarships for next season.
I'm sorta guessing because I wasn't able to successfully search for the latest roster grids created by @BRS24

There is one available at the moment

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Correct. I'm not going to swerve the thread, however after the season is over and (most of) the dust settles wrt our roster, I'll post an updated version. ;)

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Correct. I'm not going to swerve the thread, however after the season is over and (most of) the dust settles wrt our roster, I'll post an updated version. ;)
I hate it when I can't even count to 15 correctly...And it has nothing to do with it being April 1st :(

Reaction Score
I’m wondering if Coach Duffy is leaving as well. She’ll be good to look at for Tennessee.
I disagree. That Tennessee job is not for someone who hasn't had much success in the NCAAT and doesn't have P5 coaching experience. If they weren't okay with Kellie's multiple S16 appearances at Tennessee, then they definitely won't be satisfied with Megan's ZERO NCAA Tourney wins.

Reaction Score
Marquette losing a lot:

Could be a signal that they know Megan is gone or could be that they want to have the P4 experience. Liza Karlen would be a very solid contributor for a number of P4 teams.

Reaction Score
I disagree. That Tennessee job is not for someone who hasn't had much success in the NCAAT and doesn't have P5 coaching experience. If they weren't okay with Kellie's multiple S16 appearances at Tennessee, then they definitely won't be satisfied with Megan's ZERO NCAA Tourney wins.

What proven Coach is willing to leave their current situations? You want a Coach with experience and a good track record, but the ones that fit that billing are all probably comfortable where they are.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
She has eligibility left? I think we entered college at the same time :confused:
@cancontent

Yes, with the medical issues at hand (which explains the ever-present brace), she's approaching Alli Patberg territory ("Yes, I have been her forever.")

Seems like forever ago -- or when @triaddukefan and I first started following hoops -- that I watched the Mabey and Masonous families play for Manasquan HS.

Even with her injuries, she's been kind of "older" version of Saylor Poffenbarger...a bangin' 6'-er playing very hard in the lane. What she lacks in height and hops, she makes up for in savvy and grit.

Reaction Score
What proven Coach is willing to leave their current situations? You want a Coach with experience and a good track record, but the ones that fit that billing are all probably comfortable where they are.
We just saw Brooks make the move to Kentucky. Who knows anymore?

Reaction Score
You never know until you start fielding calls from agents. Money is a major factor here. If Tennessee is willing to pony up (and all indications are that they will), they'll find someone who was thought to be "comfortable" in their current spot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom