Pitino doing Pitino | The Boneyard

Pitino doing Pitino

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I must be the only one who’s unimpressed with the collection of mid hes brought together. Dingle, Soriano, and Alleyne are probably the only players Id safely put in a winning rotation.

Reaction Score
I must be the only one who’s unimpressed with the collection of mid hes brought together. Dingle, Soriano, and Alleyne are probably the only players Id safely put in a winning rotation.
I wouldn't want Jenkins as my number 1 option, but he's a solid guy as your 4th or 5th starter.

They're missing that 3rd piece to be a real contender. I don't think Wilcher nor Nahiem nor Taylor is it. Ejiofor is more the plan for after Soriano than this year. Luis and Dunlap need time to incubate. Slazinski is coming off injury.

I see bubble but likely making the field. Definitely not top 25 preseason, despite how great Pitino is.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Based on the thread title, the content of this thread is much more PG than I expected.

It had a real Jerry Springer vibe to it.

And for that I am thankful.

Reaction Score
Give a coach on Quick's level a random mix of talent, he/she will find a way to make it work. He is disingenuous and dirty. He is also one of the best coaches the game has ever seen.

Reaction Score
Last Friday, I saw a full sized billboard on 95 south in New Rochelle welcoming Pitino to St. John's. Interesting location for it being in the city of his last job.

Reaction Score
Adds a lot of juice to BE games for ALL members against Pitino but….I dislike St. John’s, always have, and their fan base. They will probably be a tough out. My friends who are their fans are saying “we’re back baby!” Article said they could win the BE.

Reaction Score
I feel really bad for Alleyne :( I hope he beats out a lot of these guys in practice and gets good playing time. Would hate to see him leave UConn for more time and opportunity just to be parked on the bench

Reaction Score
Do the rules allow him to leave them and come to us unlikely he'd want to do it or Hurley take him back?

Reaction Score
I am not sure if there is a such thing as an ncaa violation anymore
I foresee some type of regulation in the future. They've admitted that the laissez-Faire approach is not sustainable. There was a recent BY thread on the same talking point. The standards and rules of every sport constantly shift, though when we're 'in it' it seems like 'this is the way it will always be'.

Reaction Score
They are going to be good. There's just no question about that. He's one of a small handful of coaches that can win with just about any roster. He and Kelvin Sampson may be the two best at cobbling together a team out nowhere and getting out there and winning a lot of games.

Reaction Score
I feel really bad for Alleyne :( I hope he beats out a lot of these guys in practice and gets good playing time. Would hate to see him leave UConn for more time and opportunity just to be parked on the bench
Alleyne averaged the 6th most minutes on a much better team last year so I still think he will play a major role this coming season. He may not start but he'll play a lot.

Reaction Score
I've been disappointed in losing Alleyne all along but as I look at our roster, I miss him even more. I'm not sure who will take his place. A lot is riding on one or two of our freshmen delivering.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Alleyne averaged the 6th most minutes on a much better team last year so I still think he will play a major role this coming season. He may not start but he'll play a lot.

I don't feel bad for Alleyne nor do I wish any ill will on him. He is in his fifth year of college basketball and this is his third team. He should be eyes wide open about his choices and the risk/reward of those choices.

Reaction Score
I don't feel bad for Alleyne nor do I wish any ill will on him. He is in his fifth year of college basketball and this is his third team. He should be eyes wide open about his choices and the risk/reward of those choices.
Wouldn't worry about Naheim.. I'm sure Rick told him when he signed on that his position in rotation was secure and that he wouldn't recruit over him.. NIL soothes all wounds.

Reaction Score
They are still working on bringing in another guy to play the 4. I think the strategy was to just get bodies at first, then when they started to get the hype train + NIL rolling, they started targeting/poaching bigger fish. The "bodies" who got sold on playing time early on are probably feeling a little jilted. It's a strange lineup to me, but one that will have an abundance of guard/wing depth. Part of me thinks Rick saw how our depth (and obviously talent) wore out Iona in the second half of the tournament game and didn't want to get caught on the wrong side of that again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom