Pitino: “That’s why next year, the only game we’re playing at Carnesecca is Connecticut. The rest, we’re gonna negotiate.” | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Pitino: “That’s why next year, the only game we’re playing at Carnesecca is Connecticut. The rest, we’re gonna negotiate.”

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Would the AD really bend over for Pitino and give up thousands in ticket sales? I can see maybe one season at Carnesecca, but after that, I don’t see the business of college athletics giving up a sold out MSG.
I believe the AD already stated he was going to do it last year, pre- Pitino hire. Initially, Rock said no to that but apparently Jess done an about face on it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sure, and UConn always brings a few thousand to the Dunk. PC started putting the game in a package to minimize it because it was even more before. I know, because the Dunk is 25 minutes from me and I always went to that game.

Reaction Score
If Rick asks the AD for a meeting at a white tablecloth Italian restaurant after hours, the AD should politely decline the offer.

Rick's been known to bend over people.
This made me actually lol

Reaction Score
If Pitino wants to get thumped by us in their high school gym than so be it. I can’t blame him for not wanting to lose to us in the world’s most famous arena. Nothing screams mid major program more than being afraid to play on one of your home courts.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
PC fans beginning to remind me if BC fans when BC believed they were ND in the football arena

Cute little wannabes

They couldn't even keep their homegrown coach who they loved because he made it to the second round or something like that

They hang "participation banners"

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It’s March 9th this year. Last game on the schedule. Students will be around. Teams have no say in when league games are scheduled anyway.

For interested UConn fans single game tickets behind the basket are available. I’ll stick with the StubHub/ACE etc. The first few rows of the upper level on the sidelines are actually great seats.

Reaction Score
Pitino.

Untitled.jpg

Reaction Score
Not the same. I mean, it’s Pee Cee. They don’t have a realistic chance of achieving anything meaningful. May as well hang banners for victories in Hartford.

Reaction Score
It’s March 9th this year. Last game on the schedule. Students will be around. Teams have no say in when league games are scheduled anyway.

For interested UConn fans single game tickets behind the basket are available. I’ll stick with the StubHub/ACE etc. The first few rows of the upper level on the sidelines are actually great seats.
Actually that's the start of PC's spring break so students won't be around.

Reaction Score
Pitino quoted in a tweet that he wants the UConn game moved on campus because too many UConn fans attend MSG.
Isn't this what started this entire thread? Or am I just confused?

Reaction Score

Assisted access <<

-> Competitively, it makes a ton of sense – UConn fans have historically marched to the Garden in droves and made their presence heard, even more so recently. Financially – trading the 19,500-seat arena in Manhattan for 5,602 seats in Queens – not so much.

St. John’s is set to contest eight regular season games at Madison Square Garden this season – six in Big East play. The Red Storm have two Big East home games (against Xavier and Butler) at Carnesecca Arena this year and two (DePaul and Seton Hall) at UBS Arena.

“We didn’t sell out against Xavier (at Carnesecca). We didn’t have anybody come to Barclays (Center for Boston College on Dec. 10),” Pitino said. “We don’t have an abundance of fans. We’re not UConn or Villanova with fans, and there’s a reason. We lost the brand. Louie [Carnesecca] has been gone a long time. So we got to build the brand back and the people will come back.” <-

-> The programs haven’t met at Carnesecca Arena since 1990.<-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom