Pitino: “That’s why next year, the only game we’re playing at Carnesecca is Connecticut. The rest, we’re gonna negotiate.” | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Pitino: “That’s why next year, the only game we’re playing at Carnesecca is Connecticut. The rest, we’re gonna negotiate.”

Reaction Score

Over It Whatever GIF by Satisfied Customer

Reaction Score
Very different stuff. Pitino is trying to schedule UConn out of MSG because UConn fans outnumber St Johns fans in NYC in those "home" games

UConn splits between XL and Gampel because of financials, yes. But no venue will ever be decided because the other team's fans will travel and outnumber UConn's in either building
Is the 2d part true? I always assumed that was mandated by state as way for them to get some revenue on a 3d rate building they can’t otherwise finance. How much more do we net playing at HCC?

Reaction Score
This is news to me.... That Providence travels well to Hartford. I honestly had no idea and I'm a bit skeptical. I've seen opposing fans in Hartford before, but never what I would consider a lot. At most a section of the arena. Not 1/3 or 1/2 the arena.

If I were you I'd focus less on representing well in Hartford and more on representing well Nationally. Playing well in the NCAAs for example. Loved the win against Duke in like 98. But since then not much.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Interesting. I had no idea what our record was against PC. Clearly it's important to you.

CL82

Reaction Score
How much more do we net playing at HCC?
Not a heck of a lot. We lose money by going to Hartford unless it is a sellout. If it is a sellout, we don't make more money than if we sold out Gampel. Keep in mind that in addition to paying 40+ thousand dollars to lease the facility, they're also is a three dollar a seat surcharge, plus we don't make anything on concessions or parking in Hartford. Benedict has said that playing in CDRA managed facilities cost the university of Connecticut about 7 million a year both in actual fees and lost revenue.

Reaction Score

Was this something you made up? When and where did Hurley say this?

Reaction Score
UConn gets totally screwed by refs every time they Providence in Hartford or at Providence. The crowd in Hartford is overwhelmingly pro UConn. PC fans have nothing to do with the success of Providence at Hartford in my opinion. For some reason the Big East refs just love Providence and always have. This is why Providence always struggles outside of conference and in the tournament. It is also why UConn does so well outside of conference and in the tournament. Once UConn escapes the biased Big East officiating it’s like a weight removed and they dominate. For some reason when they play at Gampel, this bias against them is far less.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Never pictured you as being that big. In all candor I would leave guessed ~155 as an undergrad back in the day and maybe 175 now.

Reaction Score

The amount you post on here stresses me out. I'm about as big a basketball fan as you can find and I've probably visited the PC board once. You have little brother syndrome. I'm all for the drama usually, but my PCP says I gotta worry about cardiac incidents with my family history of heart disease.

CL82

Reaction Score
And yet here you are droning on about it on a Connecticut board.

Just saying.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Hey if Putztino wants to pull that move, I say resurrect the Field House for our home game vs SJU. I know Villanova did that for a Big 5 game when the Pavilion was being renovated. Students only, a Saturday night, $2 beers. F slick Rick....

CL82

Reaction Score
Nope, it amuses me. It's pretty funny when posters come here to tell us how great their programs are, particularly those that, well, really don't do anything in the postseason whatsoever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom