Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One gorgeous highly introspective acoustic tune from the 70's, gotta be my favorite song from these guys:

Reaction Score
Good call on Humble Pie. RIP Steve Marriot. I saw them in '73 at Dillon Stadium. They were great. Opening acts were J. Geils and a little know kid named Peter Frampton. View attachment 43547

IIRC at one point Frampton was a member of Humble Pie. Great song.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I'll ride for August and Everything After as in the running for best album of the decade in it's category, whatever that is.

Rain King and Omaha are in the discussion with the two you picked.

I'll also put in a word for A Long December, because I've smelled hospitals in winter and seen the way that light attaches to a girl.
Forgot about A Long December. Great song!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
No King Crimson yet, so I'll fix that with Matte Kudasai - always loved this one - first time I have heard it live, and they do a very good job:
Crimson is another group with three (or four) distinct eras with very different sounds. Here's one from Mk II:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Another from Spanky. I hadn't heard this till I replaced my old Greatest Hit(s) album with a CD that had a half-dozen more songs on it. It's a well-known Depression-era song, but Spanky just slayed it. Best version I've heard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom