Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist | Page 28 | The Boneyard

Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd assumed he was referring to the album cover (The Snake Charmer by Rousseau).

Ah, I do believe you are correct BB!

Funny, in the vinyl album days real "covers" were important, now to me I only think of that term meaning other artists covering the originals.

Reaction Score
Ten Years After’s performance of “I’m Going Home” was one of the highlights of Woodstock, but the band’s biggest hit was “I’d Love to Change the World,” released in 1971. It’s a great song with a fantastic guitar solo by Alvin Lee. The song has some bad lyrics, however, so I won’t post the link.

Reaction Score
“It’s late September and I really should be back at school”

It actually was late September (1971) and my girlfriend and I really should have been back at school but being young and foolish we decided to take our first road trip together and it seemed like this song was on the radio constantly. I guess the trip went pretty well - 47th anniversary coming up soon.

Reaction Score
I'm primarily a 60's and 70's guy when it comes to music, but I remember hearing this one a fair amount in the early 80's IIRC:

Reaction Score
And then this fellow, Paul Weller, left the Style Council and became a solo artist.

From one of his early albums, this is my favorite from him:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
It’s tough to pick one by Zappa. It was either the Grand Wazoo, Little House I used to Live in, Billy the Mountain. . . or this one:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Clannad's "Lish Young Buy a Broom." Again, not one of their often played songs.

I love this song. It was part of my repertoire a few decades back. I learned it from Tim Hart and Maddy Prior, who put out two or three albums before they formed Steeleye Span.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
“It’s late September and I really should be back at school”

It actually was late September (1971) and my girlfriend and I really should have been back at school but being young and foolish we decided to take our first road trip together and it seemed like this song was on the radio constantly. I guess the trip went pretty well - 47th anniversary coming up soon.

Yeah, but did you ever finish school? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom