Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The "Official" version of this has 683+ million views and while creative it cannot hold a candle to this acoustic version, a mere 81 million views.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
A big +1 to this. I almost posted something similar. There are dozens and dozens of genres and subgenres of music now. What's considered "popular" these days often doesn't float my boat but there's so much more out there. There was great stuff in the 90s, 80s, 70s, 60s, 50s and on back thru the decades. There was some amazing music in the 1600 and 1700s that still sounds great today. But truly not all current music sucks. I certainly understand the sentiment when people get nostalgic, but broad sweeping generalizations are often wrong.

Yeah, my boss thinks music peaked with Mozart and there’s been little of value made since Brahms. I think music peaked with Bach and there’s still great music being made. I’d love to post something by Bach, but could never post just one. Bruch, though. . .

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Amy Winehouse - this was a very talented person who was the recipient of a ton of piss poor advice...love this song of hers:

I listened to Back to Black yesterday (jeezum, that’s a great album). When it came out I went on the record to a bunch of friends that she wouldn’t see her thirtieth birthday. She was an absolute genius, I hate that she just couldn’t keep it together for a few more decades.

Reaction Score
Mike Greene Band - Pale, Pale, Moon. I probably could have plunked this one into the Old, Obscure, and Forgotten thread, but I might as well include it here as my "Mike Greene" entry :). Anyways, its a very pleasant instrumental.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Mike Greene Band - Pale, Pale, Moon. I probably could have plunked this one into the Old, Obscure, and Forgotten thread, but I might as well include it here as my "Mike Greene" entry :). Anyways, its a very pleasant instrumental.

Quite the cover.

Reaction Score
Okay, I know their most popular version of this was put up this morning, but if you like rock guitar you have to listen to the 5 minute prelude in this performance. Brilliant:

Craig Chaqiqa(?) on guitar... maybe 18-19 then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom