Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
@RockyMTblue2, you mentioned earlier in one of your threads on Me and Bobby McGee. This is one of my favorites that was not done by the great Janice Joplin. Hope you enjoy Pink's version.

Pink is one of my favs and her version is in my play list too. Great choice.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I read a while back "Something" is the 2nd most covered Beatles song after "Yesterday".
@Scud49 Here is a young lady Avonlea with Sina on the drums doing their cover of Something. I believe that Avonlea was 13 at the time that it was done. The person playing the guitars is Sina's father.

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
A great song from 1974.
70.s music was a great era.. Much better than today's crap..

There is some great music out there, it’s just a little hard to find. I don’t think I’ve posted this before:

Reaction Score
Uh oh, this could almost induce me into starting a quotable movies thread. Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?
Yes, a thread for the movie songs ....

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
And here’s one from Trick of the Tail. I think this is one of the most well-crafted songs ever on a popular album.

Reaction Score
I go to an exercise class for old farts. The young instructors usually have music that is inappropriate for this group. I recently provided them with some playlists that seem to have invigorated the group. My British Invasion list has been popular. Most of the really well known artists of the British Invasion have already been included in this thread but I’m going to add several more. Hope you enjoy them.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
There is some great music out there, it’s just a little hard to find.

A big +1 to this. I almost posted something similar. There are dozens and dozens of genres and subgenres of music now. What's considered "popular" these days often doesn't float my boat but there's so much more out there. There was great stuff in the 90s, 80s, 70s, 60s, 50s and on back thru the decades. There was some amazing music in the 1600 and 1700s that still sounds great today. But truly not all current music sucks. I certainly understand the sentiment when people get nostalgic, but broad sweeping generalizations are often wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog