Petrino FIRED!!!!!! | The Boneyard

Petrino FIRED!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Obviously there is a .0000000001% chance that he ever coaches at UConn. But if he did, he would be a damn good offensive coach.

Reaction Score
Obviously there is a .0000000001% chance that he ever coaches at UConn. But if he did, he would be a damn good offensive coach.

And he'd have one foot out the door before he ever stepped on campus...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Ironically enough Petrino might have gotten fired while living his dream job (hand or blow).
I'd be hugely impressed if he was getting a beej at the time of the accident. But really, on a relatively calm afternoon with the sun mostly down.... he had to have been getting a handy, right?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
And he'd have one foot out the door before he ever stepped on campus...

You wouldn't take 1 or potentially 2 great years of Petrino, than to be stuck with Coach P indefinitely?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I hope the hire Petrino's above are meant as a joke? The guy is a lying sack of s***. He is not a good person and I wouldn't want him representing my school.

I am sure TDH would be all for UConn hiring him ;)

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Absolutely not.

Because you think Petrino is a dirt bag?

I don't see the downside from a football standpoint.

Coach P knows more football than this whole board combined. That being said his clock management was absolutely awful and I wasn't thrilled with our defensive schemes that would change so drastically week to week.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Word on the street: Skip Holtz may be in the running for the gig, with a little boost from Dad (who was HC there back in the day)...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I say this as someone who likes Skip Holtz as a coach. If Arkansas hires Skip Holtz then at least the Mississippi schools will have a program to look down upon.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
So I just want to make sure I have this straight - people think hiring Bobby Petrino would be good for the program? Wow.

Reaction Score
Some team is going to get him on the cheap and turn the program around. He can flat out coach offense.

As a society we really really need to start caring less about what these guys do in their personal lives, athletes, coaches, celebrities alike. The fact is you cannot argue with what the guy does on the field. He didn't break any laws. Let him do his job. Is it scummy to cheat on your wife? yeah. Do a lot of people do that? Yeah. Does everyone that cheats on their wife get fired? No. It's not the first time it will happen and it's not the last time it will happen. If you're paying him to coach and win football games you can't really argue with his results. So let the guy coach.

If you want to live in a world where you think all public figures who are incredibly successful and rich are really awesome people deep down inside I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. If you want to be a realist and understand to just take things for what they are then enjoy 10-2 seasons, awesome recruiting classes, and an elite football program. That's the reason you hired him.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I don't care who he sleeps with or who he's married to or not. What I do care about is that the guy hired a staffer who was his "girl on the side", paid her $20k in cash (I assume from the program and not out of his pocket) and then lied about all of that to his boss. It seems pretty evident to me that this guy has always thought he was bigger than the programs he has represented. I don't care how good of an offensive mind he has. He should not be trusted with public money.

Reaction Score
Petrino is going to be able to do a pretty good version of Pacino's speech from "Any Given Sunday:"

"I've made every wrong choice a middle-aged man can make. I p*ssed away half of my money because of that 25 year old, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who's ever loved me. I quit on the Atlanta Falcons. And, lately, I can't even drive my motorcycle in a straight line."

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
So I just want to make sure I have this straight - people think hiring Bobby Petrino would be good for the program? Wow.

I was mainly joking about Petrino, but while I think Coach P is a solid Coach, I think to get to the 'next level' we need somebody more dynamic.

I mean, ask yourself - who's more likely to reel off a 10-2, or 11-1 season at UConn - Petrino or P?

With all the conference uncertainty, I would try to win as much as I can now and worry about finding a new coach later.

Reaction Score
I don't care who he sleeps with or who he's married to or not. What I do care about is that the guy hired a staffer who was his "girl on the side", paid her $20k in cash (I assume from the program and not out of his pocket) and then lied about all of that to his boss. It seems pretty evident to me that this guy has always thought he was bigger than the programs he has represented. I don't care how good of an offensive mind he has. He should not be trusted with public money.

This. I know the sex grabs the attention, but that is not why he got fired. The highest paid employee in a state used a state job to stash his mistress. So yes, he almsot certainly broke some laws. He did what caused the former Governor of New Jersey to resign.

Reaction Score
Who cares if he stole money? He can flat out coach. Plus Im sure he learned his lesson and it won't happen again.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't want that scumbag within 10 miles of this program. Who wants 2 good years when they need to spend the next 5+ recovering from it.

Reaction Score
What could go wrong. Guy certainly has a track record............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom